“Fantastic Dinner, Best Of The Week !!!”
Review of Mountain Standard

Mountain Standard
Ranked #3 of 127 Restaurants in Vail
Cuisines: American, Grill
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: The Vail Village free in town bus shuttle is available year round throughout the village. Take the bus to the Covered Bridge stop and proceed as noted below. Free public transportation is also available from East to West Vail into the Transportation Center at the main parking structure.
Description: From the creators of the legendary Sweet Basil in Vail Colorado, comes a fresh, innovative new restaurant. Aptly named Mountain Standard, this rustic and relaxed tavern aims to set a new standard in the Vail valley by using an ancient form of cooking.The majority of Mountain Standard’s menu is prepared via the most primal cooking method: over an open and live wood fire. The only restaurant in the valley to devote themselves to this age-old way of cooking, the food at this exciting new restaurant has rustic, bold and honest flavors, focusing on the purest ingredients in the Rocky Mountain region and beyond.Service, like the cuisine, has that perfect balance of providing a first class dining experience with a more casual vibe. There is no smoke and mirrors here – no fuss – just simple, honest, from the heart service and cooking. The beauty of the creek side location is mirrored by the high energy vibe of this dynamic restaurant.It is this energy, outstanding service, and hand crafted food that enables Mountain Standard to offer a truly unique dining experience, approachable and enjoyable to everyone.
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in Vail but tried several different restaurants in different cities in Colorado the week we were there and this meal was by far the best. We both chose the striped bass with the house Beaujolais by the glass. My compliments to the chef & management. We also want to thank the hostess as we had reservations & wanted to sit outside, she stayed right on top of it until we decided not to wait any longer.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,028)

Reviewed June 21, 2014

The food was very good. I had the salmon and I sampled some of the other food. It was very excellent and great service.

1  Thank LegalEagle0907
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Great Location next to river, can sit inside or out. Nice Decor. Excellent service and delicious, creative dishes. Always enjoy the starter greens salad with an excellent dressing and special roasted pumpkin seeds and oranges. Good size portions and nice wine list. Will return again.

1  Thank Nikki D
Reviewed June 2, 2014

This was our first restaurant dinner in Vail this week and it really set the bar. My wife and I both loved our fish dinners. I had mountain trout (Whole Rocky Mountain Trout with Green Beans “Amandine”, Key Lime Butter, Braised Almonds) and she had their salmon (King Salmon with
Spring Mushrooms, Fava Beans, Asparagus, Pickled Turnips, Dashi Butter). The chef is very talented and put a wonderful spin on each dish. But the most amazing part, in my opinion, was our appetizer: Wood Grilled Bruschetta with Sweet Pea Hummus, House Ricotta, Calabrian Chile, Pea Shoots. Holy Moley!! What a great melding of flavors! Seriously folks; if they need to choose a dish to enter into a culinary contest this would be my choice. Try it yourselves and see if I ain't spot on right about this one! Bottom line is, we had a wonderful, creative and memorable dinner at this restaurant at a very fair price (they are offering some off-season discounts). Its on my must return list.

2  Thank drpaulDallas
Reviewed May 19, 2014

My husband and I recently visited Vail and this was our second time dining at Mountain Standard. Our first experience was for a nice dinner out. This time we at a nice lunch. This place is absolutely delicious. We actually recommended to some people outside that were checking out their menu on our way out. Their bruschetta with chilis, garlic, peas and ricotta - I could easily eat everyday! My husband opted for a cheese burger and he didn't do much talking during our lunch. Haha.

We loved it so much that we decided to head back the next day before leaving town. The staff is very friendly and engaged in conversation while sitting at the bar. I would def. recommend to anyone…….eat here while in Vail!

Been to Mountain Standard? Share your experiences!