“Our best adventure in Vail!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Vail Stables
Ranked #11 of 58 Outdoor Activities in Vail
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Horseback Riding through the Rocky Mountains, a Daily, drop-off, Summer Horse and Pony Camp for kids 3-14, and a picnic/play area, conveniently located one mile from Vail Village.
“Our best adventure in Vail!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

We put our kids in the camp for the week (we are city folk amd they had never ridden before) and they now love horseback riding. They learned so much! They said the councelers were so nice. I was impressed because they were responsible and great with kids. Some days were sunny and warm, some rainy. They loved all of it! And what an amazingly beautiful place. We went on a trail ride with them at the end of the week and had a fabulous time! What a great experience for my family. Everyone there were awesome!

“Great Ride Rain or Shine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Very professional wranglers, fantastic views and scenery. Our kids LOVED the horse camp. Worth every penny. Look forward to coming back next year.

Visited August 2013
Kickapoo12, Owner at Vail Stables, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Dazzling up here isn't it? Thanks for riding. The kids in horse camp are the luckiest kids in the world. Thanks for visiting!

Sarasota, Florida
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Your safety is not their concern”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

I had a 2pm ride and it is raining, thundering and lighting in Lions Village, Vail. They would not cancel my reservation, they are going on the ride. I have been riding horses all my life, including that I am a polo player. And there is no way I would go riding if there is lightning.
The manager, a Kim was extremely rude and told me that the lightning would not effect the ride on the other side of the mountain. The radar shows rain from Georgetown to Vail.
When asked what would happen if lighting would occur during the ride, she said " that never happens" ..... She didn't even offer to reschedule for tomorrow. Their website is incomplete and
you would be putting your life at risk by riding with them.

Visited August 2013
10 Thank 2013sylvia
Kickapoo12, Owner at Vail Stables, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
I'm pretty sure we lose 1.75 years off our life each year that we operate, worrying about our guests riding in rain or sunshine. If my accounting is correct, I'll pass on in about 3 years.

That is why we purchase new tack every year. Why we carefully groom our horses checking for any injuries sustained in the night. Why we worm and vaccinate for optimal health. Why we purchase the best feed possible. Why we dismount to clear the trails on rides, after each windstorm, and after random trees fall on the trail. Why we train our guides for nearly a month before they can go solo.

It's been 12 years of watching the storms pound on Vail Village while we sit in the sunshine at the ranch. We are very lucky to sit in the banana belt of Vail.

Yes. Most tour companies in the Vail Valley have a strict cancellation policy. Please make sure you understand it when booking a tour.

Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“I would give them a negative on the petting zoo if I could!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

This was a colossal waste of time and money! From the brochure, I thought it would be a great place to take my little ones, 6 and 5. When we got to the facility, I was met by the mgr. in the parking lot and told him we were here for the petting zoo. He instructed me to go in and pay. Was not sure how much it would cost but it was $15 per child. They even charged for the parents AND FOR MY TODDLER strapped to my chest!
The the mgr. pointed us in the direction of the animals and said "there it is, just help yourself". Which meant we went into a fenced area (20 x 20) with some goats and chickens. THATS IT FOLKS!!! So then I went back to the office and asked, if they could feed the animals something or take a ride on the minature horses and I was told "no that is not included" Very rudely mind you.
While I was there I also observed the young girls interact with the "day campers" These girls obviously had no training with kids and little interest. They just sat on their rumps while the kids ran around.
Do not patronize this facility!

Visited July 2013
6 Thank Tenliltoes
Kickapoo12, Owner at Vail Stables, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
I have searched high and low for the waiver, receipt and charge slip or cash note for your visit and I cannot find any petting zoo admissions for more than 3 children at $10 each. I went as far back as July 30th to no avail. When did you visit? I'd like to offer you a refund.

Children are $10 each and adults are always free. Children are any child that will delight in and experience the close proximity of small animals. Those that will learn "what a goat says", or discover an egg in the nest. Or to see our new baby pony up close. It has value.

Why don't we have more than goats, kittens and chickens?

The USDA APHIS petting zoo license guidelines state that rabbits and guinea pigs may not co-mingle with other species. They must be never be touched by unsupervised children. They must have air-conditioned habitats that never reach a temperature above 85 degrees.

Pigs make terrible messes. Sheep are mean to people. Llamas spit and kick. The pen is too small for alpacas which have to live in pairs. Dog droppings stick to shoes. Ducks and geese foul the water every day.

What more could we have? Suggestions welcome!

Morristown, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Beware!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

This ain't my first rodeo...very rude, unprofessional, second rate company. Don't be fooled by great location. Customer service should always be a main priority, maybe not for Vail Stables?

Visited July 2013
4 Thank Mollygirl415
Kickapoo12, Owner at Vail Stables, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
It's not clear what happened during your visit to Vail Stables. Please elaborate so we can address the problems.

Kym Manula

Been to Vail Stables? Share your experiences!