“Not worth it”

Dining options: Breakfast
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
“Not worth it”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The cake was dry, not sweet and decorated like my child did it, certainly not an expert. It was a small round cake and was 70$. I felt very expensive even for Vail standards when our group of 4 adults and 4 kids didn't even like it. We each tried it and the rest was left over for our week in Vail, no one has eaten it and we will have to throw it out. The second day it was hard as a rock also.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank IngraS

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Way Overpriced Even for Vail”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

$5 for a dry stale cupcake without much flavor is pretty outrageous even for Vail prices. I was totally unimpressed and would not purchase another one. Too bad.

Visited March 2013
Lauren S, Owner at Mountain Cupcakes, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
I apologize for your experience in the store with dry product. Everything is always made the day of with no day old cupcakes of any kind available. Please let me know, via email (mountaincupcakes@gmail.com) or in this platform, what you had on your trip to Vail so I can do my best to not allow this to happen in the future.

Looking forward to hearing from you
Toronto
“Nice addition to the village”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I found the cupcakes to be good (2visits)

My wife found them outstanding. Her big like was tat he icing wasn't too sweet

Visited January 2013
Dusseldorf, Germany
“Very nice - and delicious”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed in Vail for my birthday - and my wife got a birthday cake from Mountain Cupcake.
The lady was very helpful, friendly and delivered a delicious chocolate cake - amazing!

• Visited January 2013
Vail, Colorado, United States
“Great cakes but pricey”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Well no one makes cupcakes as good as these anywhere in the Vail Valley....that said let me describe the red velvet frosted cakes as heavenly and the best I have ever had. You can't go wrong with the carrot cakes either...that said when you have to pay close to $20 dollars for 4 cupcakes that is a bit over the top for my taste and budget. Give'em a try as they are rich, moist and really good!

Visited August 2012

Been to Mountain Cupcakes? Share your experiences!