“Please don't bother”

Local Joe's Pizza and Delivery
Ranked #84 of 123 Restaurants in Vail
Cuisines: Pizza, Italian, American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television
New York
“Please don't bother”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

I'm not a negative reviewer - I swear I'm not, but I want to spare people from having to eat Local Joe's. The cards were totally stacked in Local Joe's favor. We ordered LJ's after a long day of skiing. We just wanted a simple dinner of pizza and salad. Pizza is my kids' favorite food group, and they're not picky eaters. We weren't looking for great pizza - just good, basic pizza. Let me tell you, the pizza was so bad even my kids wouldn't eat it. It tasted just like cardboard. It doesn't even look good. Why oh why didn't I read other TA reviews before ordering?!? I hope you read this before you do. Local Joes if you read this, I'm sorry, I really am, but it had to be said.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank heavenisasuitcase

Franklin, Tennessee
“Vail Delivery Pizza - go out delivery is not worth it!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Ordered pizza for delivery on line and was told 35 minutes for delivery. It arrived in 1 hour and 45 minutes later and tasted like cardboard.

I would definitely choose other delivery or go out if pizza is what you want.

1 Thank JPALKO
“Casual & Convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

The place is small but the server was friendly. Their pizza was perfectly baked without over loaded with cheese (if that is the way you like it). We also ordered delivery during Super Bowl, and the food arrived promptly and warm.

• Visited February 2013
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
“Fast Delivery, Terrible Pizza”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised at how quickly our take out order of pizza was delivered, but wondered if it had been made the day before. The three pizza's were cold and soggy. We had a houseful of 8 people and no one even touched the leftovers; that is saying something with our crew, as everyone loves to heat up left over pizza for breakfast or snacks. Pretty expensive for such poor quality.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank juliegreenusa
Colorado, USA
“Good Pizza but somewhat on expensive side”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

We had a craving for Pizza while staying in Vail in Jan '13 and figured it'd be easier to order in rather than looking for a place to pick it up from. So I can't comment on the actual dining-in experience, or if they even have a dine in.

The pizza was very good (we ordered Hawaiian with extra topping, light sauce and thin crust) and was delivered within about 30 min. We didn't know the exact address of the lodge we stayed in, but since this place is local they found us with no problems.

My only complain is that it was a bit overpriced, but, as anything else in Vail, one should expect you'll pay a bit of premium. We ended up paying $20 (couple of dollars in tips included) for medium pizza.

Found their phone number on google maps.

Visited January 2013
Local J, Owner at Local Joe's Pizza and Delivery, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to comment on your experience. For the budget minded we offer a 14 inch cheese or pepperoni pizza for $9.99. I promise its the best value you will find anywhere in Vail year round. We do offer a number of specialty pies that are more expensive but we like to think they are worth it :)