“Great place”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bridge Street
Description: This is a brand new restaurant in Vail Village
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I believe they recently opened in the last 6 months. The restaurant that used to be here was ok, but so glad the Tavern moved in. It is a great place to go. The bartender was awesome, and the drink specials were a very good deal. The food is excellent, and worth stopping in. It is a little tough to find, but worth it once you do.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

My husband I first dined at this location 5 years ago and absolutely loved it. We returned to the location tonight, unsure if the name of the restaurant was the same. Regardless, the experience was definitely NOT the same. We were greeted by the very friendly bartender and shown to our seats overseeing the creek. The friendliness ended there. Our waitress was annoyed to have to serve us at 7:30 pm on a Friday night during mud season. Our food was reheated freezer food from your local grocery store and tasteless. I highly recommend avoiding this restaurant, Vail has so many other scrumptious venues to dine in.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Located in Vail Village, this restaurant/bar serves top notch food, complimented by great drinks produced by their very competent bartenders. Ask for a table by the far windows for the best view!

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stumbled upon this place while trying to find Sapphire's Oyster Bar which apparently is no longer there we were not dissapointed. The Tavern on the Gore is still very much an oyster bar with fresh oysters flown in daily. This was my first experience with oysters and our server was very knowledgable and helpful in guiding us to our selection. The Tavern showcases a variety of Colorado brews including details about each beer to help you choose. The salads were both well executed we shared thier shrimp and scallop scampi and were very pleased. Dessert is not something you will want to skip here either. The Tavern on the Gore overlooked Gore Creek and provided a classy yet relaxed atmosphere. One of the best dining experiences I've had.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Visiting Vail for a Wedding and this is the 3rd restaurant we have visited and by far the best. I did come alone and sit by the river. The fried green tomato app was very good and I went with the gorgonzola salad which was equally good. Love this place!

1  Thank Mslott