All reviewshot tubfree shuttletime shareanswering serviceroom was spacious and cleanno air conditioningsmall poolfull kitchenlaundry roomstaff was very friendly and helpfulsized bedliving roomcontinental breakfastend of the dayxboxelevatorunits
Reviewed July 15, 2012

When you first set eyes on Eagle Point Resort it looks very average, but inside the lobby and the units things were very nicely decorated and comfortable. The front desk personnel were nice and helpful. The resort is in West Vail so if you want to go to Vail village or Lionshead you have to drive about 3-5 minutes down the rode or take the bus (in Vail they have a free bus system). The bus stop is a block away. The parking is free in Vail village and Lionshead in the summer. The grounds are well taken care of and the pool and jacuzzis are well maintained. They have three grills and picnic tables to enjoy a nice dinner outside. If you go in the summer they do not have A/C but it was not a big deal as the temperature did not get above 70 degrees. They also do not have an elevator so if you are on the third floor pack light.The resort has a deal for bike rentals with Charter sports on Wednesdays in Cascade Willage about two blocks away if you take the back way. It was good to bike ride on the Gore Valley trail from the resort into East Vail. Gore Creek runs next to the resort so it was nice to sit and relax on the boulder at the entrance to the parking lot and watch the water go by. Overall a nice stay for the week.

Room Tip: Get room on first or second floor especially if you come from the part of the country where you live at sea level and you have heavy luggage.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank dondpt06
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Recently my wife and I spent 5 days at the Eagle Point Resort in Vail Colorado. It was the closing weekend for the ski area and there were lots of things going on throughout Vail.

The Eagle Point Resort is located in west Vail and requires you either drive into town, or take their free shuttle bus to Lion’s Head and then take the free public transportation further into the heart of Vail. The bus runs fairly frequently but is not the most convenient way to get into and out of the town and I would recommend that you plan to drive. Plan to pay for parking during the ski season; it’s free in the summer time.

The accommodations are average for a ski town and I would not call them luxurious by any stretch. However, they are good value for money particularly when compared with the generally expensive lodging throughout Vail. The rooms are not as quiet as a previous writer has said, particularly when the guests above you and around you are children. AND, the close proximity to I-70 means that highway noise is very loud. The unit we stayed in was not air conditioned so in the summer you will need to sleep with the widow open and the highway noise will be a problem for all but the soundest sleepers.

If your primary consideration is reasonably priced accommodations (and you're a sound sleeper) in what is otherwise pricy Vail Colorado, I can recommend the Eagle Point Resort.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank rockymountainrider
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Just got back from Eagle Point. It was obviously quite recently renovated - grout in baths perfect, etc. And very quiet. I never heard any noises from the surrounding units, and there must have been people around because there were lots of cars. We were there Easter week and snow was dwindling quickly, so perhaps it wasn't as crowded as it can get.

My husband and I shared a very comfortable king bedroom with bath (Room 223). My sons shared the 2nd bedroom with two single beds, perfect for them.

The kitchen had everything we needed. We did ask for a teapot - but then I remembered I could have just used the microwave.

They give plenty of towels, which is great because of the pool and hot tubs. The outside hot tub was not as warm as the inside, and I would have preferred it to be the other way around. The inside hot tub was so hot you sweat to death without a breeze. The outside was very warm but not enough to keep your shoulders and head warm with the breeze. I'm sure the indoor hot tub is comfortable when the accordion door which separates the inside pool from the outdoor pool is open.

Staff very friendly and responsive to requests for things (WD-40 for squeaky bathroom door), suggestions and making calls to local activities. No problem there.

The only complaint I heard was from my sons - about the Internet access. They made the best of it by going into the lobby to get access (for some reason it worked there). I could care less, as I don't like to be tethered to the Internet while on vacation. However, they were thrilled that X-Box was provided. We brought games with us, but there is a wide variety of X-Box games, DVD movies, books and board games available for free borrowing, which I thought was a really nice touch.

Oh, yes, the rooms are a bit warm. I can't figure out why. There were overhead fans in the bedrooms and three table fans available, which were enough for us - but remember we were just there and it was still cool at night. Maintenance was installing screens as we arrived so we did open the windows. Not sure what people do if it gets really warm in the summer.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank RinaD
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Pros: location, clean, comfortable rooms, equipped kitchen, hot tub outside and inside. Weak points. Sauna did not work, insufficient parking, wi-fi weak I could not use Skype and the worst is to get a room on the third floor, as it has no elevator. Get oxigen!!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank totito
Reviewed January 9, 2012

We are in unit 222 at the resort. The internet connection is nearly non existent at times. The front desk refuses to do anything about it, other than to walk outside the door with a cell phone and tell me there is a good connection. OK, that is fine if I want to take my computer outside in below freezing temps. He says the problem is with my internet card. I have 3 computers here and none of them are working well, although they have worked in every other of the destinations that I have stayed in during 2011, which would be 166 nights. We have stayed here several times in the past and not had this issue in other units. Overall the resort is very nice and spacious. The kitchen is very well equipped. However, the internet is as important to me as snow on the mountain is to a skiier. I will have to seriously consider coming to Eagle Point in the future. In addition there is no elevator to the upper two floors, so be prepared to haul ski equipment and suitcases up at least one flight if you reserve anything other than a 2 bedroom unit. I am going to have to seriously consider reserving here in the future. Bad news is that I am stuck here for 2 1/2 more weeks.

Room Tip: You must reserve a two bedroom if you cannot drag ski equipment and suitcases upstairs. No help is offered.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple