Austria Haus Hotel
Vail Marriott Mountain Resort(Vail)(Great Value!)
$169
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Sonnenalp(Vail)(Great Value!)
$210
  • Pool
Hotel Talisa, Vail(Vail)(Great Value!)
$205
$144
Starwood.com
  • Restaurant
The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort(Vail)(Great Value!)
$169
$145
  • Pool
Christiania at Vail(Vail)(Great Value!)
$127
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
$297
  • Pool
The Sebastian - Vail(Vail)(Great Value!)
$302
$239
  • Pool
Vail Mountain Lodge(Vail)(Great Value!)
$165
$160
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
$286
$215
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
All reviewscovered bridgegreat locationcolumbine roomfractional ownershipfree valet parkingsister propertyfresh berriesboutique hotelmake your own wafflesfree breakfastgreat bathroomsmall hoteleuropean style hotelheated pool and hot tubbreakfast roomwould highly recommend this hotelour honeymoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We came here August 20 and stay overnight until August 21 2012. We like the hotel right away ,really nice old architecture ,really great look and really close to the base of the village. At first the frontdesk person was really nice and kind. So I checked in no problem I went to my car , took my stuff and went up to the room. I forgot something in my car and wanted to go down to the garage and Take it. I realize that my car wasn't in the garage and the garage have a lot of empty spots. So I asked my bell personae " where's the car ?". He said that it was parked outside . That was the only car that was parked outside at that moment . I drive 2003 Ford Explorer and the garage was parked only with all kinds of fancy Mercedes is Audis and nicer cars. When I asked him why my car was parked outside , he said the garage was full . But I know that there was empty spots in the garage. So apparently you don't get the same treatment when you drive Ford as People Who Drive Mercedes In this hotel . When I talk to the front desk person they told me that there is retail spots in the garage empty . But when I talk to Bellman couple minutes ago he told me that those people just left. So you got an idea how they treat you over here if you drive cheaper car!!! But it's not only that .When we enter our room it looked pretty clean, then my wife deside to check it out the bathroom and she found some hair on the toilet end on the towels . Yep, pretty filthy isn't it. also I was trying to iron my shirt , so I took the iron from the closet and plug that in, well that thing didn't work well I was scared to actually use it.
So, the idia is , you guys have such great hotel , great location in grate town , you need to hire an educated personal who doesn't put his own principles before human rights.( because I pay the same money for staying here as those people who drive fancier cars). And the other thing I do understand that its not possible to do everything perfect , but I mean cleaning the bathroom is important because that's the first thing people check when they entering their room in the hotel.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Oleg B
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed one night with my 2 teenage children...took a short trip to Vail while visiting Boulder. We were delighted with the Austria Haus. The room we stayed in had 2 double beds as we requested. It wasn't anything fancy, but we got every bit of what we paid for. The staff is congenial, friendly, eager to assist, and very helpful. The place has a lot of character and old world charm. It's by no means the glitziest place in Vail, but we would go back in a heartbeat. We didn't really have enough time to lounge around because our trip was so short, but there is a very lovely pool and hot tub surrounded by beauty. You feel like you're someplace special. Maybe all the places in Vail are like this, but I wouldn't stay anyplace else.. Austria Haus is a find! To boot, the bus stop that takes you up and down the town (about a 15/20 minute walk) is just outside the front door. As others have mentioned, the breakfast is fantastic...you'll feel like you're in Europe. You can't go wrong...especially for the price.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LASC608
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My good friend and I celebrated a milestone birthday year by going to Vail CO. We started out at The Lodge at Vail. It lacked air conditioning on a hot July weekend and to be honest genuine customer service- with the exception of an excellent employee who helped with luggage, I couldn't really say that the Lodge earned any nos from me. We were shifted to a sister hotel, Austria Haus, a slightly above average " boutique hotel " the day time staff, excellent- from front desk manager to bellman. Their attitude alone worth huge kudos. Cannot say the same of the nighttime shift-they seem to need a refresher course. The rooms were decent, complimentary breakfast was nice. I would recommend this hotel as it was centrally located to walk about the Vail Village. The rooms had lovely overhead fans in addition to some a rather weak air conditioning unit

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank kimchi2009
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We just got back from spending 3 nights in a Lupine room at Austria Haus. The room was spacious and quiet. Our room overlooked the front entrance of the hotel so we were a bit worried about noise but there was none! Not even from the hallway or upstairs. The bathroom was nice and big with a heated marble floor! The free breakfast was great as well. There was a nice selection of cereal, granola, cold cuts, cheeses, bagels, yogurt and make your own waffles. This was such a good option to have since eating out in Vail is so pricey. The hot tub and pool overlook the Gore Creek. Our only complaint was that on Saturday night we wanted to use the hot tub but there was a large group of young adults already in there with their beers and did not appear to be leaving any time soon. So, maybe the hot tub could be bigger or they could add another one. You have to use valet parking but it is free so that is really a nice touch as well. There is a great farmers market on Sunday morning right across from the hotel entrance. Everything in Vail and Lionshead is just a short walk away. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank FP54321
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Very good location in the village, very nice staff and friendly, older rooms could use an update but comfortable, nice sized bathrooms, large safe with room for iPads. Location is great and you can walk everywhere.

Room Tip: Summertime, ask for room with air conditioning as it gets warm during the day and early evening.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends