“Excellent Food. Need better cocktails.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Elway's

Elway's
Reserve with OpenTable
Elway's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 123 Restaurants in Vail
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: The Lodge at Vail
Washington D.C.
“Excellent Food. Need better cocktails.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

Elways has had patchu reviews so we came to check it out ourselves.
We loved the food - shrimp cocktail and lobster cocktail were really good. Steak, Short Rib - fabulous.
Mushroom side-dish was even better.
We've been on a 4-day/evening ski-and-foodie extravaganza. We encountered much better cocktail menues and execution in other places - the menu was not appealing at all and execution could improve.
Love the open kitchen.
There was a LOT of wait staff and kitchen staff - maybe that's what drives prices up so high. Everyone looked busy, but much of it appeared to be busy work - I would suggest to dial down on staff a bit, be more efficient per staff.

Staff (in the bar area) could have been smiling more - the waitress I ordered from did not exactly exude friendliness.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri
“Overpriced and stuffy, but good food and clean crisp restaurant.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

Had an ok experience here, was a bit odd in that when we walked in, they acted like they were doing us a big favor giving us a table without a reservation. Made us wait initially, even though no one else was waiting. They were "relieved" they found us a table, even though other tables sat empty during our dinner...not sure what was up with that, although on way out they offered to take us back to our hotel...was odd. Some of the wait staff was good, some were not that helpful, standing around talking to each other. Food was good, but was pretty pricey, felt like we were paying for the Elway name as a surcharge in addition to our high priced steak. After talking to several of the guests at our hotel the next a.m. at Breakfast, seems they all did better at restaurant selections, so there are better options.

Visited October 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Terrific choice for a steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I visited over our ski trip and had a wonderful experience. The service was wonderful and the food was delicious. It is a little pricey but worth the price. We had reservations and had no problems getting seated.

Not by choice I have had to adjust my diet for gluten free foods. I felt very comfortable asking questions about the menu here and they were happy to make changes to the menu by request. The waiter was VERY helpful. They do have a gluten free menu and it's pretty big so that was wonderful.

Delicious food!! I will be back.

Visited January 2014
FAIRFAX
“STAY AWAY!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

This was not only the worst meal I have ever had in an expensive resteraunt-but the worst meal I have had anywhere.

My family took my father for his 85th birthday. We had a 6:30 reservation and were prmised a birthday cake. We arruved on time, but our table was not ready. It took over an hour and a half to seet us. In the mean time, other parties of the same size who had reservations affter us were seated. When we asked we were told it was "policy" to have on party wait a long time in order to keep multiple parties from having to wait (even for a short time). No one ever appologized or did anything to see to our comfort.

The staff got our orders wrong and forgot to even bring two dishes until everyone had finished. My tuna had clearly gone bad. I suffered the effects all night. Our sides were so oversalted as to be inedeble. The kids meals and the salads were good.

The staff forgot the cake. When we reminded them they said that others were waiting for our table (oh the irony).

My brother-in law complained to the manager who smiply shrgged the whole thing off. When I came back in to pick up something I had left in the resteraunt, I heard the manager say that my brother-in-law was "[bad word initials AH]"
To sum up: Rude and bullying service, mostly terrible food and a $500 bill.

The only reason to go to this resteraunt is if you feel the need for penance and that you (to use the manager's own words) deserve a bad meal.

• Visited December 2013
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Good steakhouse”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

A great steak experience, friendly service and nice atmosphere. The rack of lamb was exceptional and the filet was excellent.

Visited January 2014

Been to Elway's? Share your experiences!