“Wonderful Restaurant”
Review of Elway's

Elway's
Reserve with OpenTable
Elway's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 123 Restaurants in Vail
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: The Lodge at Vail
Fort Worth, Texas
“Wonderful Restaurant”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This restaurant is located in the Lodge at Vail. We usually don't eat in hotel restaurants but this one was excellent. The restaurant itself is elegant and very relaxing. Very polite wait staff. We had a restaurant week special--trout cooked whole, and stuffed with lemon and thyme. It was very moist and flavorful. It was served with Buerre Blanc, fingerling potatoes, crisp tender asparagus, and heirloom tomatoes. Each part of the meal was perfectly cooked.

• Visited October 2013

Carmel, Indiana, United States
“Best Hamburger around!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Great food, horrible service! Visiting on a Friday night and the restaurant was full, but not overwhelming. Our server forgot our appetizer order, brought out the wrong salad, and never brought a 2nd drink. AND NEVER APOLOGIZED FOR HIS MISTAKES.

I know it's a steakhouse, but they have the best hamburgers ever! I've eaten at Elway's in Vail many times, and will continue to do so. Not sure if I'll ever visit this location again.

Westminster, Colorado
“A little disappointed”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I were both hungry for prime rib, we had never eaten at Elways so we figured surely we could get prime rib, but no prime rib on the menu. My filet was fine, my husband's was a little chewy sometimes. We really like the location, we used to stay in the Vail Lodge and enjoyed eating breakfast in the indoor patio room which is now part of Elways. Wait staff were fine but seem to lack personality. I had a Wedge salad and it had too much blue cheese dressing on it. My husband had a Cesare salad and it didn't have enough dressing on it. Our side dish was asparagus which was fine but I thought they had left too much stem on it so I cut them off. Not sure if I would go back.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very nice quality you can count on!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The food was just excellent. Fine dining experience you can count on from a Vail area establishment. Great everything!

Visited August 2013
Southern Ohio
“Wow- this place is special!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

During nice weather Elways' has a nice open air section, tree covered courtyard - no mountain views, but a classy upscale area, very comfortable. The restaurant is located in the Vail Village, inside the Lodge at Vail.

A great wine list, excellent mixed drinks, priced in the mid teens, pretty standard for Vail. Quality is excellent though, at least your aren't paying too much and also getting too little!

Salads were excellent, the steaks- crazy good.

The 8 oz filet, $39, was fantastic- lightly charred on the outside, with some sort of marinade- terrific. while I did use a knife, a few times I didn't. Absolutely terrific.

My wife had the short rib off the bone entree, came with a nice portion of very tasty mashed potatoes. It was extremely good- if you like short ribs this will be quite a treat. I think it was $34.

We enjoyed our first time so much we went back a couple weeks later for my wife's birthday- and it was just as great as we thought it was the first time.

If you are looking for a quiet, very classy, very special dinner, that will close $200 plus for two with drinks and dessert, this place will not let you down. While it is very expensive, you will not be ripped off!