“Exceeded High Expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Vail
Edmond, Oklahoma
“Exceeded High Expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed here in October during a relatively slow weekend in Vail. The staff was so friendly and took care of anything we need. The valet crew gave some great tips on everything from local hikes to area restaurants. Our room was outstanding. Great attention to detail which made for a very relaxing weekend. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We spent a week at the ritz residences in late 2012 and it took me a long time to write this review because I was so irritated by my experience there. I also read some of the reviews below and sometimes think that if people spend a lot of money on holiday, then they feel obligated to write a good review to "justify" their expenditure. I don't. I also think some of the reviewers must own properties there hence they fluff up the brand.

While the property is nice and is by all means a very high end experience, I was appalled by the property's approach to tipping. Upon arriving we were given "tipping guide" along with our welcome package that suggested incremental tipping guides for all of "services" that supposedly came with the property such as 5 to 10 dollars per set of skis shuttled to the lifts per day, a listed amount per bag at the curb, daily tipping for the staff in the boot room, something for the maids, and even 100 to 200 per concierge per week. In order to follow their guidelines I would have had to find a bank to give me several hundred dollars worth of 5$ bills just to keep them ready at all times. In all my life I have never encountered such an in your face approach to tipping and service. So while I do agree that the service is good, I also felt like the staff essentially had their hand out at every possible moment and it was exhausting trying to keep up with their guidelines (ultimately I gave up as I ran out of small bills). I have been to other comparable properties with similar excellent good service where the service is included and it's a much more relaxing experience. I suppose it wouldn't bother me so much if they didn't list all of these wonderful services as "included." So, for 12,000 us$ per week, I don't expect to have to spend my time keeping up with their onerous tipping guidelines. I would rather they just charge me 12,250 us$ per week and then just pay their staff appropriately. He whole experience left a horrible taste in my mouth and I would never return to any Ritz property as a result.

FYI it's also a 10 minute walk to the slopes, which is fine in a pair of walking shoes, but with ski equipment, it's barely walkable, so one really does need to rely on their services.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
15 Thank AmericanCurmudgeon
Marana, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Ritz-Carlton Club for five days in mid-September.

We have decades of experience in timeshare units, but our two bedroom unit was really much more like an apartment than any timeshare we have been in. It was spacious and luxurious and overall made for a very memorable experience.

Each of the two bedrooms has a large walk-in closet which lights up when the door opens. Each also has a marble topped dressing table that also can easily be used as a computer desk. There are double-sinks in both bedroom baths (there's also a half-bath just off the kitchen) and large jacuzzi-style tubs. Each also has a very nice shower area. The master bath has a heated marble floor.

The kitchen-dining room area is very well appointed with top of the line appliances and with a wide range of cooking utensils, dishes and glasses.

The living room area is quite comfortable. It has a wide-screen HD TV with a Bose sound system and hundreds of channel options (the bedrooms have smaller HD TVs and fewer channel options).

The property is about two blocks from the center of Lionshead Village (to the west of Vail Center) and has excellent views of the ski slopes there.

We were in residence there when the aspen were changing and that certainly added to the scenic appeal.

The staff was exceptionally helpful and accommodating. There's full maid service both in the morning and in the evening and complementary transportation throughout Vail. Vail also has complimentary bus service that runs past the property.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed in a two bedroom unit beautifully appointed with a great view of the mountains. The staff was so accommodating right from the beginning. We were even addressed by our names during our stay here.
There is a cozy members lounge with coffee and tea available, comfortable seating and panoramic window. Off the lounge is an outside firepit. Very nice on chilly evenings.
The Ritz Carlton is just a short 15-20 min. walk into Vail- very scenic stream side walk. Transportation into town is available if you prefer.
We highly recommend the off season in Vail. Still stunning scenery, but no crowds.
Looking forward to our next stay at the Ritz Carlton Residences.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Susan W
Hingham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed in a 3-bedroom residence. Very spacious. Everything felt brand new and immaculate. Each bedroom has its own bathroom and the spacious living room and kitchen is perfect for early risers to lounge while others sleep. The lavishly equipped kitchen made cooking breakfast and having food available a good option. The free shuttle to restaurants or hiking trails or the supermarket was always so friendly and handy. Nice short walk to Lionshead restaurants and shops as well as Vail Village. Were we overwhelmed with staff sucking up to us at the front desk or lobby? No, but given the overall quality of the stay, among the best in terms of room quality, only a really negative nit-picker would bad-mouth this place. Among the best values and summer experiences I have had.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Vail, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is our third summer at the Ritz Carlton Residences in Vail and each year has been better than the previous one. The warm greeting we receive when arriving makes you feel as though you're coming home. The quality of the staff, the facilities and the apartment are exceptional and continue to exceed our expectations. The quality of the service staff is impeccable and extremely accommodating. There is true value in staying at the Ritz. I would definitely recommend the Ritz to enhance anyone's stay in Vail.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Clayton, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We recently stayed at the Ritz Carlton Residences, using our Marriott Vacation Club points. I expect that it us very expensive but do not know exactly how much it costs-- kind of like getting your appendix removed. ;)

The facility is outstanding, well-kept, beautiful, spacious, lovely, etc. It is one of the nicest places I have ever stayed. We especially liked the pool area, with live, high-quality music, bar service, etc.

The service ranged from very good to superb, but a couple of service lapses kept the resort from getting my "5 star" rating. I would definitely recommend staying here if vacationing to the Vail area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vail
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail
Sonnenalp
Sonnenalp
#2 of 33 in Vail
4.5 of 5 stars 722 reviews

Been to Ritz Carlton Club & Residences? Share your experiences!