The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort
  • Bar/Lounge
Sonnenalp(Vail)(Great Value!)
$210
  • Pool
Hotel Talisa, Vail(Vail)(Great Value!)
$152
Starwood.com
  • Restaurant
$311
  • Pool
Vail Marriott Mountain Resort(Vail)(Great Value!)
$209
$169
  • Restaurant
The Sebastian - Vail(Vail)(Great Value!)
$475
  • Pool
Manor Vail Lodge(Vail)(Great Value!)
$187
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Austria Haus Hotel(Vail)(Great Value!)
$164
$139
Hotels.com
Vail Mountain Lodge(Vail)(Great Value!)
$265
$257
  • Breakfast included
$239
  • Pool
All reviewsmurphy beddeluxe roomfire pitresort feefront desk staffturn down servicean upgradeski valethot chocolatevalet serviceski slopesfantastic locationcookiesshops and restaurantspool and hot tubfull kitchenfour seasons
Reviewed March 14, 2007

First the good points and there are many. The hotel is rustic and exudes a lot of charm. The service is of a very high standard and everyone is keen to help. The location is unsurpassed in terms of convenience. The issue I have with the place is that the two bed room suite which is on two floors we got was below expectations. The rooms were very small and there was just one bathroom - so we have to share. The bathroom was very small and some 'red colored liquid' was dripping from the extractor fan on the second day of our stay. The sitting area was nice. For the price paid, I would find a newer hotel with proper size rooms.

• Stayed: February 2007
1  Thank inviso
Reviewed February 14, 2007

Me and my boyfriend had the best time. I thought the hotel was beautiful. The restruant was unbelievable. We had a very nice ski instructor, It was very convientant to bring the skis right from the hotel to the slopes. The hotel staff was very nice and service was very quick. The prices of the room service were reasonable. We has a luxury suite, so I did not have any complaints. I was a very happy girl..

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
11  Thank mspiddles
Reviewed January 21, 2007

I love this hotel, we stayed here last year and will stay again in February 2007. The rooms are expensive and I would suggest the splurge for a room in the newer part of the hotel, the international wing. You cannot beat this location, it's basically ski in/ski out and literally across from the best apres ski spots. I don't know about you, but after a long ski day, the last thing I want to do is worry about taking a shuttle bus with my gear. The Lodge has complimentary ski check in at the base of the mountain.

I would not say the value is really there, but it's Vail, so that doesn't surprise me. If it's not a problem to spend some money and you will not be there for the 5/7 night Sonnenalp minimum, this location and hotel is the best. Furthermore, it is being renovated and sure to be even better next year.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled with friends
3  Thank BostonJillian123
Reviewed January 11, 2007

My friends and I had an amazing stay at the lodge and would never want to stay elsewhere:

Positives:
-Location -- right at the doorsteps of the main lift, ski school, etc, and in the center of Vail Village. The #1 reason to not stay anywhere else
-Rooms - great rooms (flat screen TVs, fireplaces, humidifiers, etc.)
-Facilities - Had 4 hot tubs and a nice pool (more on this in negatives)
-Service - attentive and helpful (although not perfect)
-Food - great restaurants
-Other -- I actually felt that I wasn't nickel and dimed at all (unlike any 4-star resort in, say, the Caribbean). Free hot chocolate/cider, snack bars, fruit, newspapers, bottled water. Free wireless internet. Free overnight ski/pole check at foot of the lift (for hotel guests only)

Negatives:
-No spa until Nov 07 because they are building a new center. However, they will do massage in rooms instead. Gym is weak, but also temporary.
-not cheap (but worth the premium)

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with friends
2  Thank rsp1
Reviewed January 3, 2007

I was only able to stay in Vail for 2 days and wanted to make sure I made the most of it. I needed snowboard rentals and was told over the phone by the concierge that once I filled out my form w/ the necessary requirements (ht,wt, skill level, time of arrival) and emailed it back everything would be taken care of.

The problems occured right when I arrived. I called for directions off of the I-70 and no one was able to direct me. I was put on hold twice until someone was able to direct me the 2 miles I needed to go. Once I arrived, they could not find my reservation even with my confirmation number. Five workers huddled around one computer, each not knowing what to do.

During which time, I went to the concierge to ask about where my rentals were. He had no clue. He checked their email and saw my reservation and asked when I would like them to arrive. This was 10:50am. I had asked for a 10:30 am reservation in my email. I told him I would have liked them to already have been here. My rentals did not arrive until 12:45pm.

Meanwhile, they never found my room reservation and hinted that I did not really reserve there. But, they gave me a room nonetheless. I had reserved on their site.

Once I was fitted for the snowboards, (They were great) I was advised by the staff that you could not bring your snowboard equipment through the lobby and to just leave it outside and inform them and they will collect it. I did just that. When I went back out the next morning, I realized that my snowboard had remained outside, unlocked all night. sigh.

My room was fine. The bed was comfortable. The workers were pleasant enough, just not very helpful or reliable. I would not recommend this place to anyone.
I will never stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with friends