“Great Hotel”

The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort
Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Stayed over Spring Break in a 2 bed condo. Pricey but what isn't in Vail! Great location for lifts and staff were excellent all week. Common areas a little tired and they need a service elevator but our room was excellent with plenty of space. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Matt W
LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Good Day Matt W,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that your stay exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed the location and staff so much. I wanted to share with you some exciting news about our upcoming renovation. We will be undergoing a comprehensive public space and room renovation starting this fall which will be completed prior to opening day next winter. Please come back and see us next year, and we will ensure you have another wonderful stay.

Director of Rooms

There are newer reviews for The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort

Reviewed March 31, 2014

The Lodge at Vail was our first and only choice- the staff is more than friendly and accommodating, the pet amenities far exceeded our expectations, the bath products were very high end, even the chocolates for the turn down service were amazing! From the cleanliness of the room and facilities, down to the little details like the real orchid plant in our room and the doggy bag of treats awaiting our arrival, this hotel has thought of everything! In room dining was awesomely delicious and the housekeeping services were impeccably thorough and quick. Location was a huge factor a well- you are literally steps away from the mountain!! All in all, a wonderful stay and we would highly recommend The Lodge at Vail above any other hotel in Vail!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Brent P
LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Good Day Brent P! Thank you for your glowing review of your recent stay at the Lodge. Our thoughtfully indulgent staff aim to make both our guests and their furry companions feel special while they are at their "home away from home" here at the Lodge at Vail. I am thrilled that you and your family enjoyed the refined comfort and alluring amenities of our guest rooms. I look forward to my next opportunity to host you here at the Lodge.

Director of Room Operations

Reviewed March 29, 2014

The rooms are spacious and well decorated. The service was outstanding in all departments - reception, concierge, at the spa and at the restaurants. For the ultimate ski vacation I would highly recommend this hotel. For skiers having the gondola right at the back door and the valet service that took care of the skis was outstanding. The high light was when we received a VIP invitation for first tracks skiing - what could be better.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balconey
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank rosebt
LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

I am so pleased that your stay "couldn't have been better!" That is our goal with each and every guest that comes through our door. I hope it won't be long before we can open our doors to you again! Take care and please let me know when you plan your next trip.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Our family of 6 (14-45) absolutely loved our stay here! We stayed in an owners' suite (in the separate building) with 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a living room and dining room. It was beyond perfect. The decor felt very "lodgy" and the beds were comfortable. The room service was delicious and came quickly. Lena at the front desk was beyond sweet and helpful and truly went out of her way to make sure we were happy. Rosa the housekeeper was very sweet and hard-working as well. The Lodge has a ski valet that stores all your boards and skis and brings them to you when you are ready to go out. The guys that worked at the valet were so helpful and went out of their way to assist us.

While some of the rooms might be a little older and not as nice as other hotels, the location and service makes this the only place to stay in Vail, in my opinion. They also have a guitar player every afternoon outside by a fire and you can order drinks and appetizers. This was one of the highlights of our trip. I highly recommend visiting Vail in March as I can see everything being much busier and more crowded at other times. Can't wait to come back!

(Just be warned that the breakfast buffet was very pricey at $33. And it was very difficult to find any restaurant that is open for breakfast in all of Vail Village.)

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Natasha A

Thank you for your review Natasha A! Our warmhearted staff looks forward to your next visit. Please let me know when you plan to come back and I would love to personally ensure another great stay!

Reviewed March 26, 2014

The Lodge at Vail is in a prime location. The hotel is very clean and comfortable and the staff is great. We really enjoyed the room and the hotel is just a few steps from the gondola, so it is extremely convenient.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank marya_11
LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Good Day Marya_11,
Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience from your recent stay. I am thrilled that your enjoyed our location and the hotel room. Please let me know if there is ever anything I can do to make your stay more enjoyable. We look forward to our next opportunity to host you at the Lodge!

Director of Rooms

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I started off making request via email for 2 beds. My initial contact with the staff was so positive. We got to the lodge early and they had a room ready. The room had the refrigerator as requested. The room was really nice. Two queen beds and a great porch with a view. I did not expect the porch or the view.
The bedding was comfortable, beds themselves great too. We loved having a window to open and get fresh air.

Pool area is huge and lovely. Drink service was available too. We really enjoyed the coffee, hot chocolate, snacks by the fire with live music. There is no need to even leave the property. Well except to ski. The other guests were friendly and everyone was enjoying their Gail trips.
The location was terrific. Ski valet is wonderful.

Staff there is top notch. Mitch in bell/valet, Edgar was terrific at check in. Everyone else was smiling, friendly, and very helpful. They even went above and beyond for us when we were scheduled to move resorts.

Don't give it a second thought. Book here.

The only small thing I noticed was that the snow was not brushed off of the chairs around the pool area Sunday am. So the chairs were a little snowy. Such a small thing. I have high expectations and that was the only thing I found.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank webtravelreview

Good Day Webtravelreview!

Thank you so much for sharing the details of your recent stay with us. I am thrilled to hear that the hotel and the staff exceeded your expectations! We look forward to your next trip to Vail and hope we can welcome you back to the Lodge!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I was in town for just one night for work, so unfortunately didn't get to take full advantage of a post-ski massage or other amenities. That said, I can comment on service and the room. Service was excellent throughout, from valet to check-in to concierge. Room was nice, though not spectacular. Comfy bed and huge bathroom (plus!) but slightly odd set-up with the closet inside the bathroom. Very comfy bed. Heat/climate controls were antiquated, not the newer digital era type. This was a double-queen room set-up, so there was less "sitting" area and no desk (that said, who else uses a desk while on holiday in Vail?). Also, food at Elways was great. Would definitely recommend the Lodge for anyone heading to Vail.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Eric T
LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Good Day Eric T,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. We are going to have to work on getting you a vacation where you don't need to use a desk either! This is great feedback and I wanted to let you know that based on guest feedback I ordered additional desks a few months back, so that the handful of rooms that do not have desks, have an option for one to be added. I wish I could have handled this for you while you were in house with us. I also wanted to let you know that the Lodge at Vail will be undergoing a comprehensive room and public space renovation this fall which will be completed prior to next winter season. All of our rooms will have desks, although we hope our guests don't have to work too hard while they stay with us, we would rather be able to spoil you and make sure you go home having hit your "reset button," fully rested and rejuvenated! We will also have a model room in the near future that we want our guests to stay in and give us feedback, so that we ensure the renovation that is coming is truly what our guests want. Please let me know if you plan to travel to Vail this summer, I would love to show you this room. Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to your next trip!

Director of Room Operations