“Right where you want to be in Vail.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort

The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort
Ranked #14 of 31 Hotels in Vail
Chicago, IL
“Right where you want to be in Vail.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

Skiers don’t spend a lot of time in their rooms, so a comfortable bed, flat screen HDTV, wireless access (at no extra charge), and good maid service are the essentials and the Lodge at Vail meets all these requirements.

Breakfast can be expensive but if you can be satisfied with omelets and/or waffles at $8 a day, then you are ready to go for the day.

Convenience to the shops and restaurants in the village and the new gondola are the main advantages to the Lodge. Free ski storage is available near the gondola, making the trek there stress free.

As I was in a group (ski club) the hotel set up a private banquet for us that we all enjoyed. Our ski club will most likely continue to come to the Lodge at Vail in the coming years.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Thor13
LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Good Afternoon!

Thank you so much for this review. Repeat group business is a huge compliment in our industry and we want to ensure we continue to keep your groups business in the years to come. Please reach out to me directly if there is every anything I can do to help plan for your arrival as you finalize details for your next trip. Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to Ski Club's next dates!

sbest@vailresorts.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Scarsdale, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

My family of 4 (includes 2 grown kids) shared a 1 bedroom condo overlooking the pool with a king bed in the separate bedroom & a full size Murphy bed in the living room. The unit had 2 full bathrooms which was a definite plus as we had been told there would be only one full bathroom & a powder room. The unit was OK - it had a good amount of space, but as I had been promised on the lodge's phone reservation service an updated unit with a washer/dryer in it, I was disappointed. When I called down to the front desk to inquire about other units with a washer/dryer, I was told that no 1 bedrooms had that. (There are 3 coin-operated washers & dryers in the basement) Our condo was not an updated unit & it definitely needed freshening, including more light, newer (& better) furniture & updated bathrooms. The 2 flat screen TV's in the unit only offered basic cable. The water temperature in the showers fluctuated wildly & dangerously. The beds were comfortable though getting the Murphy bed down was a bit tricky. The kitchen seemed adequate though we did not use it. (If you plan to cook while in Vail, remember to stop at a grocery store on your way over from the airport, as you will not find even a small convenience store for groceries in Vail village itself). The room had a keurig coffee maker & complimentary coffee (but lacked creamer) (You can pick up complimentary morning coffee/tea from outside the breakfast restaurant). The best thing about this facility is its location which is right by the gondola; however, other facilities (ie The Sonnenalp, etc) have ski (& possibly boot) storage at the mountain too. The Lodge At Vail has complimentary ski/pole storage at the mountain but you need to wear your ski boots to & from your room. My husband said the spa was nice. I found the fitness center useful & the outdoor pool & hot tub were lovely (though a steady supply of fresh towels would have been helpful). The staff was warm & friendly. The lodge has an outside firepit & drink/food service for apres ski which is quite nice (but they really need to figure out how to turn the outside heaters on & add more tables). In general, we liked the place, but just didn't love it & felt it could/should have been better for the price we paid. For a RockResort, it disappointed us.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Good Day Sun_ski33,

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback. I am disappointed that your stay did not meet your expectations. Reading your review, I would have to agree, you did not have a stay that meets our RockResort Standards, and that is unacceptable. I believe your stay was not the norm for our hotel and would like the opportunity to invite you back to the hotel and to see the true Lodge at Vail experience that you should have enjoyed during your first visit. Your feedback allows me to to act on the room and consistency issues that you mentioned. Please know that each and every one of your concerns will be addressed. I would like to discuss a resolution for you in more detail. Would you be available for me to contact you or if you prefer, reach out to me directly. All of my contact information is below. Again, I truly apologize that we were not able to deliver the type of stay that a Lodge at Vail guest should count on, and I can ensure you this will not happen again if you chose to return.

Director of Room Operations
970.725.7825
Vail
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

The Biggest mistake you can make is not to stay Here..
You see i brought Mis Helen here to ask for her hand in marriage, which I did by the way and she did say yes, So I put a ring on it... I have stayed all over the world and the TLC and attention to detail i received on this special occasion was so good, i am still in shock.. I'm picky when it comes to my sweetheart and the simple truth is they took so good care of us.. You want a special trip for a week or two or a romantic getaway or family fun go here and you will not be let down.... They are The Very Best....
dw

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

3 Thank Daniel� W
LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you for sharing this beautiful story with us! I had heard about this special time for you and your finance from my staff and was thrilled that we could help make this a night you will remember for the rest of your lives. This is what the staff here at the Lodge does best, and it is certainly the part of our job that we enjoy the most. We hope to be the favorite get away for you and your future wife for all of the special occasions yet to come. Congratulations and cheers to many more very happy years.

Vail
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

This quaint and cozy hotel has it all: great location, just a few feet away from the bottom of the mountain, excellent service and friendliness of staff. Wonderful outdoor jacuzzi and pool to relax muscles after skiing. Several cozy chimeneys around the hotel, specially outside.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

4 Thank Carolina C
LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Good Day Carolina C,

Thank you for your review! It sounds like you had the perfect trip. We do have the best fire pits in Vail to enjoy a hot toddy and some music by the fire after a good day on the slopes! Next time you visit you will have to come to the spa and try the Après Ski Therapeutic Massage.... it is heavenly after a full day of skiing. We look forward to our next opportunity to host you at the Lodge at Vail.

Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

After living in Vail for some time on a recent trip back to visit I had the pleasure of staying at the Lodge at Vail. The location of the property is unbeatable and if you are going to Vail for the right reasons than that alone should seal the deal.

The staff was incredibly inviting and helpful. Their front desk manager, Shannon helped arrange some very special activities to ensure that our trip would be memorable and it was! This level of service is above and beyond the average in Vail. The rooms and layout of the property provides a very intimate and lodge like experience. If you want to feel like you are on a ski vacation in one of the world's top destinations this place has nailed it. Wood burning fireplaces, great food, beautiful hot tubs, a stunning lobby and fantastic spa summarize this place quite well.

It was important to me that when on vacation in Vail I did not feel like I was at clubmed in a hotel that I could find just anywhere and if that is your ideal vacation too than the Lodge at Vail is the best hotel in Vail, CO.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Julia N
LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for your review! I am so pleased that I was able to help make it a special trip for you. All of us here at the Lodge look forward to your next visit to Vail and our next opportunity to spoil you! Please reach out to me directly when you plan your next trip so I can make sure it is another trip to remember.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

I'm done with Rock Resorts. It's been a rocky relationship, but I can't do it anymore. It started on arrival. I came to the hotel at 3:40. My room was not ready. I was told that the hotel guaranteed checkin at 4pm. I thought it was close enough, but apparently not. Kindly, I was given a $10 voucher for the restaurant. I went up to the restaurant, had a snack and returned to the front desk at 4:15.

I had high expectations--my fault, and assumed that my key would be ready. It was not. I had to wait for someone to check to see if the room was clean. This was not a big deal, except that they made such a situation around the guaranteed check-in I assumed it was not an issue.

When I arrived in my room, I found a small room with antiquated heating and air conditioning, a ceiling fan that was a challenge for anyone over 6'2, and a tv system that only had basic cable.

The problems persisted--my room phone was not plugged into the wall, hence it did not carry a charge. The hotel passed out little cards stating that daylight savings time was upon us and our clocks were being changed--mine wasn't (or maybe it was) but the time on my clock was two hours different than the new time.

There were a bunch of other minor things, like thin walls and turndown service that either came too late or didn't meet the standard, but put together it was ultimately just an average stay.

If you want a short walk to slops, virtually ski in and ski out. This is your hotel.

If you want good customer service, a nice room, and amenities commensurate with the price, this is not your place.

Their restaurant--Elways was great. And, the spa was an unexpected surprise. It was awesome!

This is my second rock resort, and I think I'm done...sorry.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Good Day,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your recent stay with us here at the Lodge. I am very disappointed that the service you received was not at the high level that the Lodge at Vail has been known for throughout our long history in Vail. I have sent you a message via Trip Advisor with all of my contact info. I would love the opportunity to talk with you over the phone and come up with a solution for the issues you had during your stay. Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback. I look forward to hearing from you.

970.754.7825
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

If you go to this property check very well the number of beds and types before deciding to rent! We were 8 adults and they sold a room for 8 that had 2 king beds and 2 single beds. Only children sleeping in two beds could do it but we are 8 adults. Be careful with the "up to 8 people" advertising!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank German G
LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Good Afternoon,

I want to apologize for the issues you had with the bedding during your recent stay. We certainly aim to accommodate all of our guests requests and bedding needs and I can see that we missed the mark on your reservation. I am disappointed that we were not able to resolve this for you while you were in house and want to discuss what I can do as an apology for the stay not meeting your expectations or my staff''s expectations. Please reach out to me so that we can discuss this stay in more detail. Thank you again for your candid feedback.

970.754.7825