“A++++”

Ranked #15 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Massachusetts
“A++++”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

During Thanksgiving week I took my two teenagers to this lovely lodge resort. We were warmly greeted by a front desk clerk, Will, who efficiently checked us in and told us about the lodge. The Lodge at Vail is wonderful - from the happy and helpful staff to the outdoor fire pit with hot chocolate/apple cider and beautiful outside pool area. In addition, the fire place in our 2 bedroom unit was super and the staff even taught us how to build a fire. The concierge helped us book several reservations, from snowmobiling to a sleigh ride at a nearby ranch and many dinner reservations. In addition, when I realized I forgot my tooth brush, Will the front desk clerk promptly brought it up to our room with a smile. I know we will visit the Lodge at Vail again because everything was perfect during our trip and I am very grateful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank massachusettsslouise
LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you so much for this wonderful post! I am thrilled to see you enjoyed the hotel amenities and the staff was able to go the extra mile to make your stay flawless. All of us here at the Lodge are committed to elevating every guests experience while they are staying with us. I love hearing the "epic service" stories from guests after they had a great stay, so thank you for sharing! We look forward to your next stay at the Lodge... and it starting to snow a lot here, so come back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Our stay at The Lodge at Vail was fabulous! The room was updated and clean and the service was outstanding. Great food and room service as well. The trip was for my daughter’s birthday and they gave us chocolate and cookies when we checked in-NICE TOUCH!
The location is walking distance to Vail Village where the shops and restaurants are located.
I would definitely recommend the Lodge at Vail Village.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the international wing-they are all updated!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Lori H
LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for coming to stay with us for your daughters special birthday weekend! We strive to exceed all of our guests expectations, but special occasions are always the most fun for the guests and for the associates! We love having an opportunity to role out the red carpet! I will share your wonderful comments about the food with our culinary team! I hope you and your family can come and see us this winter and try out our family friendly fireside Après Ski at Cucina each day, I think you would love it! Thanks for your feedback.

Kind Regards,

Hudson, Ohio
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I will come back next time I visit Vail.The rooms are impeccable w/ the coziest of beds. The service quality and attitude of every individual (receptionists,concierges,housekeepers,valet etc) was exceptional...we were treated like royalty. The spa was delightful; eucalyptus, professional massages, well equipped fitness center...a full day of wellness if you're not skiing. The location can not be beat w/ tons of restaurants, shops and bars right outside the door! WONDERFUL

Room Tip: we were upgraded to a room w/ a fireplace facing the mountain...the Aspens were glorious!
2 Thank Patricia W
LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for posting about your recent stay! I am so glad that you enjoyed the hotel and the staff! I agree, our staff is fantastic! I hope that you can come back and visit this winter to enjoy some skiing and another "wellness day" at the spa! Our spa will be offering Doterra Aroma Therapy Essential Oils for the first time this winter. We will have great new additions to our spa treatment menu, so please come and enjoy a rejuvenating essential oil treatment after a day of great skiing on the hill this winter!
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We arrived to find that the staff had upgraded us to a room with a fireplace, and without charge! They gave us special chocolates and a card for our anniversary! However the bed in the room was only a queen and we wanted a king bed, so he next morning we went. And requested another room, and they were so helpful and prompt at addressing our request! They showed us other upgrade and we ended up with a luxury suite for very little extra per night! The room was so wonderful, the view of the ski area was awesome and the bed was perfect! This hotel went above and beyond our expectation. We have stayed at five star hotels in the past and have never had such service and gracious attitudes as what we had here. The experience was wonderful and we will certainly return. If you stay at this hotel and don't like something, just ask for a change, they are so happy and helpful to meet every need! By the way, best breakfast ever! I read other reviews of the hotel restaurant that said it wasn't all that great, but in my opinion it was the best tasting eggs and pancakes ever!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to a luxury room, don't get the efficiency with the Murphy bed, it isn't...
1 Thank Susan W
LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank's so much for your review of your anniversary stay here at the Lodge at Vail. I am so pleased that you had such a wonderful experience. I will be sure to share your feedback with all of our managers as well as the staff. At the Lodge we truly take pride in having such a fun and service oriented staff that can ensure all of our guest's stay's are as special as yours. We look forward to our next opportunity to host you, so come and see us again this winter!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Lodge at Vail has it all. Great rooms, great service, amazing food, and spa that is top notch. The location is walking distance to Vail Village and tons of amazing shops, restaurants, and places to grab a drink. Would highly recommend and will return!!

2 Thank e t
Sounds like you did it all while you were in Vail! I am happy we were able to help make it a fun getaway for you. Our spa will be continuing to do specials throughout the shoulder season, so come back ans see us again soon.

Thank you for your review!

Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My fiance and I have stayed at several hotels and condo complexes in the Vail Valley over the years. Since our 3-night stay here last weekend, this has become our all-time favorite. The hotel represents classic Vail -- it's elegant and cozy and makes you feel like you're in a European mountain lodge. It offers luxury without being pretentious. Other hotels in the area are pretty cookie-cutter and don't capture the Old World spirit of this town. From now on, we'll always stay at the Lodge to fully envelop ourselves in the Vail atmosphere.

The rooms, the grand staircase, the layout of the entire hotel makes it feel more like a mansion than a hotel.

Our room had a nice balcony and beautiful view, so time spent in the hotel room didn't feel like wasted time. I loved the wooden beams running across the ceiling in our room. Another touch that made me feel like I was somewhere special, not in just another hotel.

The location is ideal -- everything you want (shops, restaurants, ski slopes) are literally right outside your door. Even with its convenient locations, we decided to stay at the hotel for a few meals because Elways had a fantastic happy hour (the honey bourbon manhattan was delicious!) and the breakfast was really reasonably priced and tasty.

From now on, when we visit Vail we'll always book at the lodge.

2 Thank Lunaleah
LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for your glowing review of your recent stay! I am so pleased that you and your fiance enjoyed our beautiful hotel. You will have to come back and visit us this winter and enjoy the our mountain side fire pit and more of Elway's happy hour! Thank you for choosing the Lodge, we look forward to many wonderful trips to come!

Kind Regards,

Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I stayed here over the weekend and was very pleasantly surprised! The staff was friendly and courteous. However, what I really enjoyed was the room. Very spacious with very nice natural light (big windows) and a super cozy bed.

I live in Colorado and have stayed in just about every ski town around and can easily say that this is the best room I have come across yet.

Highly Recommend!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Justin H
Thanks for sharing your experience with us! It sounds like you stayed in our International wing, which is the newest wing of the hotel. Our luxury rooms are beautiful and within a stones throw to the Vail Mountain! Some of these rooms face directly to the mountain so you can watch skiers come down the hill right from your room! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Lodge. Come again soon!