“Lovely room, even better bathroom.”

The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Vail
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed at this hotel during a canvassing tour for our upcoming move to the area. The common area's are beautiful and inviting, the restaurant is fantastic, and the rooms are great, but the best part about this experience were the staff. Everyone was so friendly and inviting. From the valet at the door, who told us all about the area and where to look for apartments, to the people at the front desk everyone was so sweet. As I said before, the rooms are great. They are beautifully decorated, and even the basic queen's have little porches big enough to stand on. There is complimentary filtered water served in eco-friendly reusable glass bottles, slippers, robes, and the best thing really is the bathroom. Two sinks are set into a long vanity counter fully equipped with everything you might need during your stay. There is a lovely shower AND a separate bathtub that is fantastic for spending a relaxing hour in. The room service is wonderful, the room was very clean. My only complaint would be the noise level on the first floor, as we were placed next to the engineering office, and there were people walking back and forth throughout the night. Really lovely place.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Living-Dahntahn

Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

This was our second stay at the Lodge at Vail after several years. The location is fantastic, as it is very close to the Vail Gondola and right in Vail Village. The hotel has a good breakfast and a great gym. The lobby and the older wing of the hotel are in major need of an update. At the very least invest in a new rug in the public areas! It makes the hotel look run down. The rooms and beds are comfortable and clean. I would consider coming back with the kids, but not before checking into alternatives.

• Stayed: March 2013
LAV81657, General Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear Sanperez

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent visit to The Lodge at Vail. We appreciate your continued loyalty to the hotel and hope you will stay with us again in the future. Regarding your comments about the carpeting in the lobby, we are replacing a considerable amount of carpeting in our public areas including the lobby this summer and early fall. This will make a very nice impact to the property as we go into our next ski season. Additionally, we are doing a full renovation of our pool area which in additioan to the pool itself, will now include two large 30 person in-ground hot tubs, two gas fireplaces, a bar and food service area as well as all new furniture and landscaping. We are very excited about these property upgrades which are sure to make the guest experience more enjoyable in the future.

I invite you to contact me directly the next time you plan a trip to Vail so that I may personally assure your next stay is a superlative one.

Regards

Stephan Nicolas

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed March 24 to 26, 2013. Hotel is one of the original properties at Vail which has been greatly expanded.
Very nice services including free spa and workout area (you pay for the extras, of course). There are two pools with multiple Jacuzzis. These are shared with the Lodge Tower which is a separate property. Elway's restaurant is located upstairs.
There is free apple cider/hot chocolate/cookies at the end of each day with happy hour pricing on alcoholic drinks-I don't think you can get a two dollar Miller light anyplace else in town. Sit around the outdoor gas fire pit as you enjoy your drinks.
Short walk to the main gondola. Make sure you use the included ski valet which is slopeside.
I came up for a day of skiing on Tuesday before my Sunday reservation and the front valet staff was very helpful with parking and advice on the right skis to use-it was a icy, crusty day so they reco'd my stiff Fisher racing skis rather than the all Mountain skis that I would use later on in the powder on Sunday and Monday.
If you can afford the tariff, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Lodge March 11-12th and had a wonderful time!! We have 2 toddlers we left with grandparents so were very much looking forward to romantic & fun getaway and The Lodge provided that for us! The staff was extremely warm and welcoming and helped us with every question we had & more. We were placed in room 208, which is directly up the stairs from the front desk. I was a little concerned after reading reviews about some being bothered by noise levels but we didn't have a problem. The room was beautiful and the bed was very comfy! My only complaint is the temperature. We couldn't seem to get our room to cool...it felt like the heat was on full blast. I did call the front desk and they sent someone to turn down the thermostat manually but we ended up just cracking the balcony door a little (which did offer some added noise level). Thankfully we were so tired from skiing and had been to Happy Hour/dinner so we still slept fine. ;-)
The location can't be beat for skiing. You walk out the door and you're at one of the main Gondola lifts! I think for entertainment value, I may have enjoyed staying in Lionshead area a little better but The Lodge is right in the middle of Vail Village, which is also pretty great, just a little older! You're walking distance to anything and everything you'd want/need...restaurants, shopping, rentals...and SKIING!
There were several amenities offered that we didn't have time to really enjoy but I heard from others were amzing....for example the sauna/pool are included in your stay. We did take advantage of the free Hot Chocolate, Apple Cider & warm cookies/smores daily after skiing. It was a fun little perk when coming in off the slopes! My favorite perk was the spa! We decided to ski the day we checked out after the front desk staff advised I was welcome to use the spa to shower and clean up even after we had checked out. It was so nice to be able to come BACK to the hotel and use their showers and feel clean and refreshed before traveling back to Denver (to meet up with the rest of our family). They had everything you could need - towels, razors, shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush/paste, soaps, hairdryer, brush, irons....ANYTHING you would need outside of your clothing.
There is a $20/day resort fee and a $25/day parking fee so don't let that creep up and surprise you. We knew ahead of time thanks to reviews so were prepared. The valet staff is great...they park your car in a garage so it's taken care of and out of snow and are very quick! They'll bring you your car as many times as you need it so it really was quite nice to have. The resort fee...well, it is what it is...a fee. I chalked it up to my fee for using the spa to shower/get ready the day we left and for all the yummy cookies & Hot cider!! You do get a free paper daily if you wish as well.
Overall, the hotel was extremely nice and I loved my time there! I would highly recommend. :)

Room Tip: I didn't have a problem with this...we stayed in Room #208 and were at a great location to all...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Booked for a standard room, via Priceline, and got upgraded to a two room executive suite. It was a great stay! Even better than my visit a year ago. The suite was very spacious and really nicely decorated. Big balcony, plush king bed, proper living room, very large bathroom with dressing area (including a fridge). Suite was close to a 1/2 flight of stairs to breakfast, afternoon cookies, and to the door to the short walk to the slopes. Perfect!
The only negative was that the suite was right next to a busy elevator, perhaps that's why this upgrade was offered. No matter, it really only was noisy in the living room. There was a solid-core door to the bedroom so I didn't really hear much at all for sleeping. Balcony (and LR windows) were not far from the driveway and valet, but never really heard car noise either. So this suite was just great for me. The slope view was limited, but more than I'd ever expect on a discounted stay.
Plenty of room to stretch out in the suite, and I could relax with TV, internet and decaf coffee or beer in the living room in the evenings. I really like the adults-only hot tub near the 'waterfall pool' (you may have to ask for directions, lots of halls and turns to get there).
Breakfast in Cucina Rustica is reasonable if you order a la carte. An omelete entree comes with fruit, potatoes and toast. I skipped lunch, even with a day of 20,000 vertical feet - just a couple granola bars to refuel after a big breakfast.
Valets & bellmen were friendly and eager to help. Ski/board check is handy. Overall, service is engaged but not stuffy.
Two-for-two satisfied guest, and will certainly hope to return!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have stayed at different colorado ski towns and different hotels in Vail, but the Lodge at Vail is our go to first choice. The LAV offers an unbeatable location for ski in and ski out and is located in the heart of the main Vail village. This allows for every member of our annual trip to do their own thing and easily meet up after skiing for HH, for dinner or hitting the bars. LAV has all of the typical creature comforts you woudl expect - hot tubs etc but the the folks that work at LAV make the differece - from the doormen, the receptionist, the room service to the management - the people like thier jobs - that is all you need to know.

Room Tip: There are more private rooms on the mountain side at grade rear exits to hot tubs that don't get...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We decided to stay a night in vail to check things out on our way to Beaver Creek so we pricelined a room and ended up at the lodge. The staff was so nice and GM Stephan were so great. We loved our room! Upon arrival my husband upgraded us to room 390. It walks out directly to the pool area and has a nice little patio! Would definitely return!

• Stayed: March 2013