Great hotel, centrally located in town near shops/restaurants, nice beds, good food.
The only recommendation I have is regarding the rooms:
- since this is a historic (but updated) hotel, the rooms are smaller that you might be used to for this class of hotel.
- Also, ask for a room with a view -- not facing the parking lot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is Vail at its most iconic. Vail's first hotel, the Lodge at Vail remains the cornerstone of Vail Village, located just steps from Gondola One. Revel in the proximity to the slopes, savor exceptional on-property dining at Cucina, Yama, and Elway's, lounge at Pool One, peruse the plethora of shopping options along Gore Creek Drive, and enjoy authentic Rocky Mountain hospitality, all at Vail's original. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Vail, a Rock Hotel Vail
- Hotel Vail a Rockresort
- a Rockresort Hotel Vail
- Lodge Vail