“Great place to stay on or off season”

The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Vail
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed at the Lodge at Vail during the Fall off-season as a result of a Priceline bid well under advertised rates. I must say I was a bit concerned after reading TripAdvisor reviews regarding uncomforatable Murphy beds in the studio rooms and dated decor; but my experience was far different. When I showed up, the front desk staff was friendly and welcoming. I had emailed the lodge before my stay to request a king size bed (no Murphy bed) and they fulfilled my request and even upgraded me to a "luxury" room. For those familiar with Priceline and other low cost 3rd party booking agents, hotels often give you their lowest tier room in an often horrible location--that was not the case here. The room was located in the newer "international wing" and was comfortably furnished with a huge bathroom. The seperated double vanities, robes, slippers, and humidifer was a nice touch. The other appointments were what I would expect of a luxury resort. During ski season this must be the epicenter of activity due to its prime location. Make use of the daily resort fee by using one of the multiple hot tubs, pools, excerise room, free Internet, and coffee and tea. The bottom line is that, at the price, the Lodge at Vail made for a relaxing weekend and I would recommend it to others.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CJMSF
LAV81657, General Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to post a review about the Lodge at Vail on Trip Advisor. This type of feeback is always encouraging to hear and will be shared with the staff of the hotel. I am glad we had the opportunity to upgrade you during your recent stay which is sometimes the case during the off season when we have availability. As you noted in your review, The Lodge at Vail is the epicenter of Vail Village during ski season, even more so now that we have the new "One" Gondola right outside our door to replace the Vista Bahn chairlift. I hope you will visit us again this season as we celebrate our 50th year in business.

Regards

Stephan Nicolas

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We were travelling across the country with our dog in June. The Lodge was a wonderful break for us. The staff terrific, the room great, the location perfect. It couldn't have been better for a summer break

Room Tip: This hotel is very dog friendly
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for making The Lodge at Vail one of your stops as you travelled across the country this summer. We are one of the few hotels in the area that is dog friendly and we always welcome our furry guests with open arms. In fact, we have a new shop in the hotel that just opened called Zoe & Guidos Pet Boutique. I hope you will stay with us again if your travels take you through Vail again.

Regards

Stephan Nicolas

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Booked our trip by bidding on priceline, we were happy to stay at a "luxory resort" for such a great price. We arrive at the lodge, the bellhops ignore us, the woman that checked us in was snobby and overall we were not impressed by the staff. We get to our room which is very homely, not exactly luxurious decor but quite comfortable. Our room had a small kitchen, fireplace and couch with a flat screen. It took us a couple minutes to realize the bed was a hideaway bed that pops out of the wall, I thought that was tacky. the mattress wasn't good quality and the bedding was cheap. The hotel "provides" you with wood to burn and a news paper of your choice but when you check out you get a "resort fee" of 22$ PER NIGHT. Horrible. This hotel is overrated and outdated! I will never come back. We submitted a survey the hotel provided, they have called us a few times to fix the "problems" with their snobby staff & etc. Too little too late.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Christin V
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We attended a family wedding at this hotel. We also stayed at this hotel. It was great........beautiful roaring fire in the entry. Offers great breakfasts in their dining room. Has the Elway restaurant located here also. Our rooms were beautiful, clean and cozy. They also did a great job with the reception located here. We just wished we were staying a little longer. I would definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Maggie763
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Upon arrival, I did not know how busy the lodge was going to be. I found at they were at 95% occupancy-however that did not stop them from giving us great customer service. From the bellman to the front desk staff, they were all patient and kind during a high check in time. The room we stayed in was not just a room-it was a spacious residence. Plenty of space for our family. Beds were very comfy and housekeeping was consistent and thorough. Pool and hot tubs were an added amenity. Restaurants were very good and matched its service.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SR0423
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Beautiful property. I traveled in late September/early October. The aspens were a gorgeous yellow when I arrived and a golden orange before I left. Great hiking right of the Lodges front door. Loved having a balcony over the street. We attended the Vail Criterium (bike race). Great event and we could watch the entire race from our balcony. Beautiful appliances from dish washer, microwave, store, and fridge in room. Internet was fast in the business center too. Loved having the outdoor heated pool plus hot tub. Felt great even though the highs never got outside the 50s. Great summer rates on restaurants before ski slopes opened.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank indy21
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Our stay at The Ledge at Vail was pretty good. The best part was Brad, one of the valets. Initially we were given a room that had a king bed, nice room, pretty balcony outside...wait, what? The balcony belonged to another room and was directly outside our entire window. Odd, I thought. When I asked about that, they acknowledged that indeed it belonged to another room. Fortunately, they were able to switch us to another room, although it had two queen beds. Still that was better than the opportunity to share someone's balcony fiesta overnight! They asked us if we wanted particular newspapers when we checked in but we never got any of them. Other than that, everything was clean, great water pressure in the shower, nice comforters on the beds (instead of the dreaded polyester bedspreads), mini-fridges and humidifiers in the rooms, they had Starbucks coffee every morning and the location was good. I used the business center daily and it was not crowded and functioned perfectly.
Brad, as mentioned, went above and beyond to help us out; shuttling us around, picking us up when we were lost at the Gerald Ford Amphitheatre, giving us directions, information and recommendations. We did not eat in any of the restaurants.
All in all, it was a really good stay and I would recommend, as long as you are sure you have your OWN balcony!

Room Tip: see above about checking your balcony before committing to the room!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business