“Now I know why guests LOVE this place”

The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort
Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Reviewed March 5, 2008

The Lodge at Vail was a 'diamond' in the heart of Vail.

The people were genuinely warm and hospitable, paying attention to every detail no matter how large or small. The Wildflower restaurant was EXQUISITE - the menu, the wine, the ambiance and of course, the food was divine.

They made me feel like I was the "only" one in a room full of guests, and I know they've been making many people feel that way for years. It's celebrated and treasured by so many people year after year and now, I completely understand why I've grown to LOVE the Lodge at Vail. It's one of a kind.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business

Reviewed February 27, 2008

This is the first time that I have stayed at the Lodge at Vail and the last. This place is nothing special, it is in desperate need of an update. This hotel is lacking in so many ways, the pictures on the web site are not of the current property. The gym and the sauna/pool area are really horrible and should be closed until they are updated. Maybe if they drop a bunch of money into this place in the rehad it will be better, but for now there are pleanty of other choices.

Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed December 17, 2007

This was such a warm and comfortable hotel! I do not sleep later, so the construction did not bother me. from 7am-6pm work was going on in the hotel and across the street. I was there to ski, and it was OK. The staff was above average- bboth professional and caring. They helped me countless times- and I did not even need to ask. Many amenities were greatly appreciated (like a humidifier in the room). I would stay here again. I did not pay rack rate- I found a promo package that was perfect for me.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2007

This hotel is a clean upscale ski chalet in the middle of Vail's town square. It has easy access to the slopes, shopping, and restaurants.The only negative is the lack of self-parking. Please be aware that you will be charged 18 per day for valet parking and there is no viable option nearby. The rooms are large by Vail standards and the hotel amenities have all been updated including LCD HDTVs in the rooms.
The week that we were there, the slopes had not opened yet and we had the run of the hotel and it's services to ourselves. Be sure to ask about the Volvo car program if you are going to shop in Silverthorne or somewhere outside of Vail. They let you sign out a late model Volvo and take it for several hours (the gas is on them) as a test drive.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank UTornsfan
Reviewed November 15, 2007

I was worried from what other people put on their post but it was exactly what we wanted. It was so relaxing. The staff was very helpful. We had room #258 and it was really nice, everything had been recently updated. The only problem was the some construction down the street. I am a really light sleeper and even I sleep threw it. And we had 2 light bulbs burn out. It was nothing we couldn't handle. I recommend going at the end of October because it was just before Vail's season there were no people around, all of the restaurants had 1/2 off dinner prices and you could still go skiing 20 min. away at Copper Mountain.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2007

This is a rock resort property. We have stayed at Rock Resorts before and had problems, but we figured this one looked nice on line. We were wrong. We wanted to cancel after seeing this hotel under construction, but they said we were stuck paying and they would not let us cancel (probably since the hotel was so empty they were desperate for money). The Staff is bad. The bedrooms have a loud rumpling sound and they have music playing in the room when you check in so you don't here it. It is from the A/C which cant be turned off nor does it work. Also Parking is 25 dollars but park in the lot for free Until November. This hotel needs more than just a remodel. This was one of the original hotels in Vail and it shows. Check Out my pictures of the Dirty Room we were given and you will not want to stay here

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank JohnG412112
Reviewed September 19, 2007

If you want cheap rates and no crowds, September is a great time of year to come to Vail. Yes, the whole town is under construction, otherwise you wouldn't be able to get the cheap rates available right now! We received a great rate from 5280 magazine for being a subscriber... $52.80 per person per night. The hotel allowed us to check in at noon, but the room we were given overlooked the town and was quite noisy and small. We moved to a larger room overlooing the pool the next day and it had a nice balcony and was quiet. Definitely ask for a room overlooking the pool if possible. The room was fabulous - other than a slow draining bathtub - but that was fixed immediately upon our request. Most of the restaurants are offering 50% off entrees, the aspen leaves are changing and the temperatures are perfect this time of year. A nice getaway before the snow starts flying and the crowds arrive...

Stayed: September 2007