“Difficult, but worth it” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Booth Falls Trail

Ranked #5 of 72 things to do in Vail
More attraction details
Owner description: Six-mile hiking trail climbs 3,000 feet in elevation as it passes varied scenery including lakes, waterfalls and aspen forests.
Chicago, Illinois
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Difficult, but worth it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

My wife and I made it up to the lake, which was sooooo worth it. The whole trip took us about 7 hours, but that was with generous stops for photos, lunch, and exploring. It's not an easy hike and gets more difficult after the falls.
I'm not sure how accurate the map is. The map states that it's 4.5 miles to the lake, but according to my phone it's around six miles.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Jeremy B

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Despite Altitude Sickness I Made it to the Waterfall”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

I had been in Vale for about a day and then decided to go on this hike--the hotel staff warned us that it was the challenging hike among the ones in the area. I'm not sure if it was challenging or the altitude sickness got me--but it took WAY longer than we planned and I would say it was challenging. Everything was beautiful and so different from home--just be careful you have adjusted to the altitude before you go on this. The scenery changes as you go up--very worth it.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Moretosee531
Saint Paul, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wonderful hike”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

Nice hike., beautiful scenery. A little longer than I expected but that was my fault for poor prep. My athletic 7 year old and I made it to falls and back easily.

2 Thank msyvonn
Miami, Florida
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great Hike”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

Great hike! We were a little winded by the altitude at the beginning, but thoroughly enjoyed the changing scenery! Our kids (10, 14, 16) did great!

18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Beautiful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

This was the perfect Rocky Mountain hike. A bit strenuous, but doable. Amazing vista views, pretty, pretty flowers everywhere, shimmering Aspens, marmots watching us from boulder perches. A 15 minute rain/hail came upon us and caught a few of us without our rain jackets, but we still had fun. No access to a pool at the bottom to play or dip your feet into (there was a creek), yet the waterfall was tall, beautiful, and scenic. We were 3 couples ranging in age from 26-58.
Tips: bring water, simple snacks, and a rain jacket

2 Thank RickandDeborah H