“Had a great time, beautiful setting, at the center of the village, would love to stay here again!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Solaris Residences

Solaris Residences
Ranked #9 of 39 Specialty Lodging in Vail
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

It was great to stay here and then WALK to go out and enjoy some of the fine dining that Vail has to offer, we checked out Larkspur, amazing service, intuitive, kind, not too fussy, they took care of us as if we were long term regular guests, La Tour, exceptional desserts and foie gras, and Terra Bistro, great cocktails!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Wrigleyintherockies
Bill M, General Manager at Solaris Residences, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Wringleyintherockies,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Solaris. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed Solaris’ location, in the town center of Vail, and its proximity to some of the area’s finest shops and restaurants, many of them onsite! We hope you stay with us again soon.

William C. Marshall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Castle Pines, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were looking for a nice high end place to spend the 4th with our 4 kids. We normally stay at the Four Seasons, and we booked a 4 bedroom family residence at Solaris instead. Best move ever! WOW is all I can say. We walked into the residence and found expansive floor plan with Wolf Appliances Sub Zero and ultra perfect in every way. We felt right at home. The unit was well kept, everything like new. The bedding was perfect and the kids room had a big picture window overlooking Vail Mountain and a patio. The place is warm up-scale and perfect we just loved it.

The people at Solaris are so on-top of their game Ritz Carlton can take a lesson. The property is already superb and we found the service to be way above even the best of places from the Valet to house keeping, I saw a glimpse of house keeping once in 4 days when 6 house keepers were leaving our room. They must have cleaned the place in less then 20 min spotless. The house keeping staff does not roam the halls, no carts, there invisible. From when we first checked in to our departure every one knew my name, what was most impressive is they knew my kids names too. From making sure I had a bottle water in my car before driving off to being so engaged they called the room because i had left my sunglasses in the car, they asked, would you like us to bring up your sun glasses you left in the car? Where do you get this? Again excellent!

If you're looking to spend some quality time in Vail you can't go wrong here our Family loved the 5 night stay. The location is central and close to everything. We enjoyed "BOL" a cool bowling alley that serves food from healthy menu not the junk food found in most bowling alleys. My kids had the Milk Shake and they liked it so much next thing I knew we had three of them. Best Family time I could have asked for. I've stayed in most of the high end properties in Vail, and this property we found to be the best experience we've had in a long time....

The place is worth every penny if you ask me, We also saw a movie which is right in the lower section of Solaris. Again more then we expected we had healthy snacks right in the theater. We had front row seats for the fireworks which we saw right off the deck. I would recommend staying in the West side of the property, We found the perfect spot for family long weekends.

We will definitely be back soon!

Room Tip: Stay in the H units like 4H WEST awesome views from every room. We like the West Side of the resor...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bill M, General Manager at Solaris Residences, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Bloomer5146,

Thank you for sharing your experience staying at Solaris over the Fourth of July weekend. It was a pleasure to have you and your family as guests; we are pleased you were able to take advantage of so many of our amenities during your long weekend, and that you found that the guest service exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your next visit.

caracas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed at the Solaris for 2 days during a cycling vacation around Colorado. It was by far the best place we stayed in Colorado and the staff was very helpful. Our bikes were taken care of, our tried legs got some great massages and our hungry stomachs were well feed. It wouldn´t of been the same without the help of Courtney Knott that made our stop at Vail extraordinary.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Bill M, General Manager at Solaris Residences, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear carmelo h,

Thank you so much for including Solaris in your cycling vacation, and for sharing your experience while here in Vail. I will pass along your kind feedback to Courtney directly. Our Moots Custom Bike Vacation Package might be of interest to you for future visits. Thank you again and we look forward to your next vacation with us.

Avon, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed at Solaris for 3 weeks in May, to recover after a knee surgery. I can’t thank enough the valet ( Joe, John and Ben) and front desk staff for all they did for me, their kindness and friendliness were genuine and still professional.
Not to forget the daily ice delivery for my ice machine, the Solaris car service that I used twice a day to go to the physical therapy, the grocery delivery and the impeccable cleaning service, that saved me a lot of energy. The cinema, located very convenient at the first floor was the main attraction for me, but they also have a bowling alley, a coffee shop, stores and Matsuhisa restaurant – to die for.
I definitely want to come back in the summer for a real vacation, and Solaris is the place to stay, located exactly in the center of Vail, where a lot of events take place.

Room Tip: If the view is important to you, ask for a room with mountain view...it will be a price difference...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mihaela B
Bill M, General Manager at Solaris Residences, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Mihaela B,

We wish you a quick recovery following your surgery; thank you for trusting Solaris as your "home base" while in Vail. We strive to offer guests a true luxury experience, and are pleased that the accommodations and service you encountered while here made your stay comfortable. I will pass along your kind feedback to Joe, John and Ben directly. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

My family's stay at Solaris Residences last December (2012) was exceptional! The property is beautiful, has a superb location and a wonderful staff.

Alisa Koenigsberg was our personal assistant for our stay. She was professional and helpful prior to and during our stay. Alisa went the extra mile to handle all our requests.

I have visited Vail for over twenty years, and stayed at many properties. I would suggest that if you are looking for a great ski getaway or any reason to visit Vail, you should definitely plan on staying at Solaris Residences.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Congan
Bill M, General Manager at Solaris Residences, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Congan,

Thank you for your enthusiastic recommendation of Solaris Vail! We are pleased that you enjoyed your accommodations, the property’s location and our Personal Assistant program, which is an integral part of the Solaris experience. I will share your compliments with Alisa directly. We hope to have you and your family as our guests again soon.

Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

My family and I recently arrived to Solaris Residences, in Vail, Colorado. As we were greeted with the upmost professionalism, I must say it was hard to focus as there was extreme commotion coming from the back office... which I am assuming is the management office? I have several children traveling with me and the curse words that were being thrown around were nothing less of inappropriate. I have to admit, that left a pretty sour first impression... On the up side, our residence is absolutely stunning, with breathtaking views of the mountain. The room is spacious and elegantly decorated. Another nice thing about the Solaris is the Personal Assistant progam that they have. At the time of booking, we were assigned a personal assistant that has made all of our arrangements from transportaion to dinner reservations. The ladies at the front desk all had welcoming smilies on their face, and assured us they would take care of absolutely anything, and the bellmen were very promt when delivering our luggage. So far everything else has been great, but I just cannot ignore the profanity that was coming from the back room. It was very unprofessional, especially considering there was a lobby full of guests at this time. I hope this reaches management, and that something is done about the poor behavior.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank J G
Bill M, General Manager at Solaris Residences, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear J G,

Thank you for your review of Solaris. My sincere apologies for the unfortunate experience you referenced upon your arrival. Please know I attempted to reach out to you directly while in residence to better gain a perspective of the event, and to personally apologize and work to find ways to restore your faith in Solaris, but have not received a response back. I would only ask that you allow me the opportunity to do just that by getting in touch with me at bmarshall@solarisresidences.com. I will look forward to hearing from you, and hopefully welcoming you back to the Solaris again soon.

William C. Marshall,
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I can't say enough good things about this property. Service couldn't have been any better and the unit was impeccably clean. The unit we stayed in is beautiful with large, well appointed rooms. Only the touch screen on the wall that linked to cameras on the mountain and bluebird days got us out on the slopes. For the chefs/cooks the kitchen is fantastic. We've traveled extensively and I can usually find something that isn't 100%. Not here. We've stayed in many Vail properties over the years. This could well be the best. Skis and boots are stored at the Ski Haus, a very short walk to the One gondola. Read the review by JCAustralian so I don't have to copy and paste

Room Tip: One and two bedrrom units face the road. Larger ones face the mountain. If view is important deiscus...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Coloradonative8585
Bill M, General Manager at Solaris Residences, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Coloradonative8585,

Thank you for your enthusiastic review of Solaris. We are so happy that you rate your experience at our property as possibly ‘the best’ in Vail. Your experience is what we strive to deliver to all of our guests and we are pleased that the service and Residence met all of your expectations. We hope to have you our guests again and create more exceptional experiences for you and your family.

William C. Marshall,