“Great horseback riding with Sage”

Sage Outdoor Adventures
Ranked #1 of 20 Tours in Vail
More attraction details
Owner description: Year round guide service, year round smiles. Exclusive Snowmobile, Side X Side ATV, & Horseback riding terrain, World Class Whitewater Rafting,Cast and Blast fishing trips will knock the socks off any sportsman, and one of the USA's top Sporting Clays course.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Reviewed August 21, 2014

We spent an amazing 2+ hours on horseback this morning with Sage Outdoor Adventures. Everything was great- from the ease and friendliness of booking over the phone (last minute, I might add) to our trail guide, Amanda. Sage has an amazing 600 acre property for taking the horses out on. Amanda was a great guide with tips to handle our horses, making all of us novices feel comfortable on our horses. We are a family of 4 with 2 boys ages 8 and 10. The 10 year old hated horses from a previous experience a year ago,but left this experience with a great big smile on his face and a wish the trip was longer. Amanda provided information about the area and local wildlife and land features. Even the kids were engaged in listening. We were also given riding freedom to not be in a straight line, spread out, go off the beaten path and even trot a bit, which was a thrill for the kids. I was surprised to hear this is only the 1st year Sage offered horseback riding. I definitely recommend this activity with Sage.

There are newer reviews for Sage Outdoor Adventures

Reviewed August 20, 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful time on our 2 1/2 hour ATV tour! Jimmy was our guide, he was knowledgeable and fun! He pointed out wildlife, mountain ranges, ski resorts and more. We can't wait to do it again next year!

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Spectacular ATV tour in a magnificent setting. Jimmy, our guide, was fantastic. We went in one ATV with two children, ages 9 and 18, and we all loved it.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

We had a great time rafting through Browns Canyon on the Arkansas River this week. Our guide, Garrett, did a super job at providing instruction and keeping the trip fun. My wife and I had the added pleasure of becoming members of the "Arkansas River Swim Team". The added swim time was short as we were pulled back in our raft in a few minutes. We followed Garrett's instructions on what to do if we end up in the river and we had no issues. Honestly, it was one of the highlights of the trip. The rest of the Sage team did a super job as well. We we were picked up from our hotel in Beaver Creek and left the driving to them (recommended, as we were tired for the trip home).

Reviewed August 16, 2014

My horse crazy daughter always wants to go for a trail ride whenever we vacation. She rides and I also grew up riding. We were getting ever so tired of the typical nose to tail trail rides that we would find. Thank goodness we came across the Sage experience. Located in Wolcott outside of Vail, we booked a 2 hour ride with Leslie. She is a very personable and experienced horsewoman. Turned out to be a personal ride with just my daughter and me. The horses were excellent, gentle but responsive. She tailored the ride to our abilities so we were able to cut across fields of sagebrush to hidden lakes. We were also able to trot and canter since we were experienced riders. I would definitely ride with her again. The scenery is beautiful and the location is much more remote as opposed to riding on the ski mountain. I highly recommend the ride.

1  Thank traveler6330