Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Exceptional customer service and location

I have been getting my ski equipment at Vista Bahn for over 17 years . Perfect location. Staff is... read more

Reviewed January 30, 2019
Deltajfk
Ski and locker rental

Vista Bahn runs a first class operation, all of their staff are very friendly and knowledgeable... read more

Reviewed January 24, 2019

from $107.00
from $103.00
from $89.00
More Info
All reviews perfect location overnight storage brother and sister village gondola rental equipment lockers barclay waxing tuning convenience tune expert shop base boots ski season
Selected filters
Reviewed April 6, 2015

I've been a customer of Vistabahn for a couple of years now. The amazingly convenient location was what drew me, and the very reasonable prices made me a customer. But it was the staff that has me coming back. The family owned and operated business offers something unique. They are amazingly expert, and have guided me through my first steps in purchasing equipment from them as well as other places. Talking with them over the last couple of years has taught me what to look and has informed my approach.

I have brought a number of friends there to rent and store over the last couple of years, and always with great results. My friends that have demoed skis there have had nothing but glowing things to say.

I've found Dominique especially helpful in figuring out what i'm going to need for the season. They are confident in their services, and they are keen to provide you the right service for your needs at the right price.

Sacha and Aggye have been especially helpful in guiding me through new equipment as my skills have increased. I don't think i would have managed anywhere near as well without them. They are generous with their expertise and VERY patient in their approach.

I'll be a devoted customer for many years to come.

Date of experience: February 2015
1  Thank bdkerman
Reviewed April 2, 2015

I usually avoid posting negative reviews figuring that maybe it was simply a bad day, or I got service from the "one bad egg" but in this case I have to say that the entire experience was eye widening in its depth of badness. I have dozens of reviews on Trip Advisor for a reason- I want other travelers and restaurant goers to have an idea of what my experience was in the hopes that they can have a good experience as well- or in this case- avoid a bad experience.

To set the scene if you will. We had a new snowboarder in the bunch- which we told them- she was going to take school to get used to the winter sport while the rest of the group- all experienced- would enjoy the slopes. Dominique fitted both myself and my wife with skis after we told her 1.) That we were very experienced skiers and 2.) We paid had for what was "supposedly" the best of the best they had to offer- the "Demo Package". As soon as Dominique opened her mouth we should have just left- but they had our deposit. She was not only rude but frankly had the total body language and demeanor that made it clear that she did give a rats butt if we got what we needed! This is supposed to be about customer service after all. The only positive is that I did actually get ski boots that fit- but the actual matching of the skis was a total disaster. I got skis based on Dominique's "expert" recommendation that turned out to be terrible- wiped out a couple of times because the skis didn't have an edge- again- I told her I was an expert skier - what baloney!!! As it turned out they were equally incompetent with the beginner snowboarder of the group- putting her on a much to long board and setting her up all wrong. Of course that mistake cost us the price of two days of lessons before an instructor noticed the snowboarder's difficulties- so I had to eat $440 because of their screw up and lack of attention. It took me a couple of days as well to figure out that the skis I was on were just wrong-I had figured I was just rusty. We had had enough so we went back with both the snowboard and the skis to exchange them. They didn't have a snowboard to replace the one we had rented- all the boards they had were to long- so we rented for the beginner elsewhere. I got "new" demo skis - and miracle of miracles- that suddenly made the entire skiing experience fun!!! But the icing on the cake was that there was no offer of a refund- no apologies and simply the same rude and condescending attitude with a few excuses thrown in that "we should know" what skis we need and that we were "trouble". Worse than no customer service- lets all insult the customer instead!!!

Now apparently another member of our party received a response to her review saying that we were "refunded $200" and that the snowboard waxed at no charge- simply put those statements are lies- I have rented ski equipment from over a dozen shops over 25+ years of skiing and never had such a terrible experience. THESE GUYS ARE BAD NEWS- STAY AWAY AND RENT FROM SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY CARES!!!!

1  Thank Redenzo
Doe U, Owner at Vistabahn Ski Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2015

Thank you for your additional feedback in response to the earlier review on March 25 from your group. We hope to have an opportunity to provide a good experience in the future should you choose to visit Vail again.

Reviewed March 30, 2015

We used Vistabahn ski rental again this year during our spring break trip to Vail. They professionally outfitted our 3 kids and my husband and me. When my teenage daughter was having trouble with her boots they exchanged them easily and with no charge. We loved renting a basket during the week for our gear and LOVE the location. All of the staff is so helpful and fun! Wouldn't rent from anyone else!

1  Thank 384cathyk
Reviewed March 27, 2015

We rented skis and poles for our family (2 adults and two boys aged 13 and 10) and were very happy with the quality of the skis, the extremely convenient daytime storage for footwear/odds and ends and for overnight storage of the rental equipment and our (own) ski boots. The Vistabahn guys were very friendly and made great ski recommendations for us - we have lots of experience skiing in the Northeast but much less in the Rockies and they were expert about what gear would work best for each of us and our abilities in spring skiing conditions out west. Vistabahn is literally a few steps away from Gondola One. I can't think of any place more accessible to the slopes at Vail.

1  Thank cwharkl
Reviewed March 25, 2015

Before deciding which place to rent our ski/snowboard equipment I read the various reviews and found that Vista Bahn had positive reviews and accordingly expected the treatment that I read in those reviews. Unfortunately our experience was very disappointing. First, we arrived with a very enthusiastic attitude and were met with a less than positive attitude from the lady who took care of us, I believe her name was Dominique. Our entire group could not believe what a downright unfriendly demeanor this lady had- not at all welcoming. We proceeded to rent our gear and gave them the information required as to the type of skier, etc. They recommended that we rent the demo package (latest and best equipment and obviously more expensive). We left with our gear and happy to start our week of skiing/snowboarding.

We had a new snowboarder who was taking lessons. On her second snowboarding lesson (first day in Vail, second day at Beaver Creek), the instructor noticed that she was not set up right on her board. He kindly gave her one of his boards to use (at no charge) and set it up accordingly. She had been set up as a lefty (goofy) and therefore one of the reasons she was having a hard time on the board. As for me and my husband, we have been skiing for over 20 years and consider ourselves advanced skiers. I noticed that my skis were not handling going fast on the steeper slopes and I felt I had to slow down to avoid getting injured. My husband complained of the same. We searched the type of skis we rented and found out that I was given beginner skis and my husband was given skis described as woman skis.

We tried returning the gear on the second day but because they close at 6 p.m. and we had been skiing Beaver Creek we arrived after the shop was closed. We went back to Vista Bahn on our third day and instead of meeting with helpful attitude, we were told that it was our fault - that basically they showed us the gear and that was what we accepted. I could not believe that they could fit a person wrong on a snowboard and make this claim. At this time we had spent three days of our ski time and money on ill fitting gear. They gave me and my husband new skis and said it was our fault for not asking for this particular type of skis. Remember we had paid for Demos. The second set of skis were definitely a huge improvement and made our skiing more enjoyable. We returned the snowboard and rented another from Buzz rentals, where she was set up correctly.

The place I read on the reviews is definitely not the same as the one we walked into and would NOT RECOMMEND Vista Bahn rentals to anyone. It costs too much money as it is for a week of skiing and the last thing anyone wants is to spend it on the wrong gear and get treated terribly when trying to remedy the situation. On our final day when we returned the gear- the attitude was not much different.

5  Thank Ginger G
Doe U, Owner at Vistabahn Ski Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2015

We thank you for renting at VBSR and are disappointed to hear of your continued concerns as we believe they had been remedied on your return to the shop on day 3, as well us providing a $200 rental discount and complimentary snowboard wax at week’s end. Spring conditions can be trying and we welcome swapping out equipment should you find it doesn’t suit your preferences. The shop phone # is on equipment so you can reach us quickly. Upon request, we’ll stay open beyond hours to accommodate your return from nearby resorts.

To clarify, the VBSR demo fleet includes all-level skis from beginners to expert in current and previous year’s models. While we base equipment selection on your skier self assessment, it is a joint effort based on what the customer requests and what we recommend. Ski hiccup aside, we hope your trip was enjoyable and welcome you back in the future.