“Flame Out!”
Review of Flame Restaurant

Flame Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Flame Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 123 Restaurants in Vail
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: S. Frontage Road
Transit: Town of Vail and ECO Bus.
Description: Make dining fun again. Four Seasons Resort Vail has reinvented Flame Restaurant with inventive twists on classic steakhouse favorites. Start off by tempting your palate with elk corndogs and a duo of dipping sauces, indulgent sides, such as truffled comte fritters with wild mushroom and bacon ragout, or satisfy your sweet tooth with maple bacon doughnuts with cherry bourbon compote. Of course, our menu still offers a variety of prime steak selections, like the 32-ounce dry-aged Waygu Ribeye, which is cooked to perfection under our 1,800 degree custom broiler, paired with house-made sauces and carved tableside.
denver
“Flame Out!”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We have tried Flame a couple of times before with mixed results. We decided to try it again since we have a home nearby and hoped it would have improved. Sorry to say, it still has a ways to go to meet our view of Four Seasons standards. Our server was lovely, the room was busy but the food was mediocre and overpriced. I ordered a steak medium rare and it came out over cooked.
My husband ordered his steak to be cooked without salt and it came out with a mountain of sea salt sprinkled over the top. We sent both steaks back and ultimately they comped us for both. We would have preferred to love them and gladly pay! Also, the plates are served almost naked with minimal garnish. For those prices the presentation should not like like a minimalist still life.
In fairness, my tomato and Barrata salad was delicious and our friends dinners were fine. So, unfortunately I have to give them very mixed reviews.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

This is a great restaurant hidden away in the Four Seasons hotel. We are glad we found it. The steak was amazing as was the carpaccio. The service was over the top and each were super friendly. Probably my favorite waitress of the week!

“Excellent Dining Experience”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

With many choices in Vail to choose from, I would rank Flame among the top restaurants in town. Excellent steak, seafood and condiments. Although a little pricey, I would definitely recommend giving it a try if your budget warrants it.

Castle Pines, Colorado
“Fine Dining at It's Best”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

It's a Four Seasons and that says it all. However, I'll add that the filet mignon steaks were absolute perfection. They are served with your choice of "rubs" (we had the mushrooms) and were served with 6 dipping sauces which all added to the enjoyment. I hated to see the meal end. The service was just what you would expect from a 5-star restaurant. Of course it's pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Orlando, Florida
“Great Service”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

The staff here is very accommodating and your wish is their command. I had the Berry salad, Ahi Tuna wraps which were delicious. The fresh peanuts sauce and fresh Ahi were delightful combination. I ordered a glass of the Sterling Cabernet glass the waiter opened a new bottle without hesitation..

I really enjoyed my visit.

• Visited June 2013

Been to Flame Restaurant? Share your experiences!