“Excellent choice!”

Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
“Excellent choice!”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Excellent restaurant and spacious room accommodations. Friendly staff.Great workout room.
Only faults were the hair salon hair services --freezing, poor lighting, "so-so" results for the price...so poor value.
Also-the choice of pool music could be improved--it was blasting and irritating.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor not above the pool--with a terrace.
1 Thank SherrieM6
FSVail, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear SherrieM6,

I appreciate the great feedback you provided and glad to hear you enjoyed our spacious rooms, workout facility and Flame restaurant. I will immediately address your concerns with our salon by raising the temperature and providing better lighting. With customer feedback such as this we are continuously improving the guest experience.

Mark Herron

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 15, 2014

If you go to Vail, you probably can't find a better place to stay than the Four Seasons for a number of reasons, if cost is not an issue. It's location is superb and the staff are friendly. The concierges are extremely helpful and the front desk personnel are excellent as well. However, with that said, I have to agree with the others that this Four Seasons is certainly not up to the same level of other Four Seasons properties I have stayed at previously. I guess our biggest area of disappointment was with food service, particularly in the restaurant both at breakfast and dinner where the service was noticeably lacking. They seem to have real trouble at breakfast when the buffet is not in operation. Also, you should note that this hotel really caters to families with children during the summer and the hotel can take on the feel of a summer camp. Little kids were running around and heard everywhere, including the bar area, the spa (yes!), the restaurant, and especially at the pool. There is no "adults only" pool at this property like in Maui, for example, and there is no "adult time," either, when kids are not allowed. The staff at the spa seem to double as "counselors" for the day camp operation as when I was waiting to book a massage at the spa I was in line behind children who wanted to exchange a play station controller or get a new game. You get the picture. The hotel does routinely check on people out by the pool to verify their room numbers and last names because they do have a problem with people trying to sneak in to use the facilities so I compliment them for that. In fact, I saw a family try to sneak in from off the street while I was there (they were successful). The hotel makes no visible attempt to regulate the behavior of unruly children and this lessens the experience for adult guests. If I was in Vail again , I would probably stay there again but next time I would come with lower expectations.

Room Tip: It might not be worth it to pay extra for a mountain view room as some of the views of the mountains...
2 Thank Jon5839
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 13, 2014

My husand and I just returned from a 9 day stay at the Four Seasons in Vail and had a very nice stay. We had a big of a snag at check in, but the manager on duty, Emilio, made it right and upgraded us to a wonderful suite. We were celebrating a special occasion, and the Four Seasons team went out of their way to make it memorable. We had room service on several occasions, and it was a bit spotty with breakfast being the worst. Also the pool was not outstanding and was usually overcrowded and not quite up to my expectations for the Four Seasons. However, we had a great terrace and view which more than compensated, and the staff was truly superb. The bed was also amazing, and our room was cleaned twice daily which was a treat. I also enjoyed the grand bathroom and soaking tub. Everyone was so genuinely nice! Annie at the front desk treated our small dog like a valued guest. Brett helped me with massage and dinner reservations and made our stay special. The location of the hotel was good, and we will definitely return. I would recommend the Four Seasons for any stay in Vail. Great staff and service! We had a massage, and the spa was truly superb. If you value comfort and service, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: We prefer the mountain view rooms as they are quieter, and the view is great.
3 Thank Julie S
FSVail, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Julie S,

Thank you for the recommendation to stay with us! While I apologize for any inconveniences you experienced at the pool - I am glad to hear that our staff and service were great and made your stay so memorable. Pets are considered family here, so we take care of them with dog beds, special treats and water bowls to provide the comforts of home.

I hope to welcome you back in the future.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Just finished an 8 night stay at The Four Seasons in Vail, and was quite disappointed . The service in the restaurant and pool areas were both spotty at best, and the first room we were in had a broken cooling system . We have stayed at many of their properties, and this is the first time that we have not been very impressed. We spoke with the manager who righted most of the hiccups, but I just don't expect hiccups when I"m paying over $700/night. Not sure if I will be back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank J Patrick M
Dear J Patrick M,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am sorry to hear that your experience was less than exceptional. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your stay further. Please feel free to contact me at 970.477.8602. We do hope you make a reservation to return and allow us the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

New York, NY
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We spent 3 nights at the Four Seasons in Vail the week of the 4th. While not quite up to the standards of some of the other Four Seasons we have stayed at (e.g., the Hawaii properties), we had a great stay and would definitely return.

The hotel is beautiful and the location, while not as close to the mountain or vail village as some of the other hotels, is quite good. Overall the concierge and staff are terrific. They were in constant touch to make sure our plans were set and whether we needed anything. Brooke took 30 minutes on the phone with me months ago to go over all of the hiking options - she was incredibly nice. I really appreciated everyone. They also have 5 vehicles to drive people in or around vail, which is a great perk.

The room itself was great. Comfortable bed, great bathroom, etc.

There were two things which we were a bit unhappy with. We were told we would be in a "mountain view room with a beautiful view." Unfortunately, when we got to the room, we were on the east side of the building tucked into a corner of the hotel that faced directly into the village, with the mountains behind it. Compared to the open and unobstructed views of the mountains from some of the other parts of the hotel, I was a bit disappointed with this. We asked to switch, but the hotel could not accommodate (busy weekend so I'll completely give them a pass).

The other problem was at the pool. It was a busy weekend, but even at slower times, the service took way too long to bring drinks (20 minutes) and food (almost an hour). When we returned from a 15 minute walk back to the pool in the afternoon on the 5th, we were somewhat rudely questioned by a man who seemed like a manager (his tone was skeptical at first of whether we were staying at the hotel), and then told that he was about to give away our chairs because the hotel has a 15 minute policy. Mind you that plenty of others reserve chairs for themselves for hours on end. Bottom line - we were back to the pool quickly, we were staying at the hotel, and I dont expect to be questioned on that stuff (or frankly, anything) or made to feel like he was doing us a favor by not giving our chairs away when I'm staying at a Four Seasons. Period.

Overall, I would definitely come back. Especially with a third night free type special.

Room Tip: If you're afraid of noise, dont stay over the pool. If you want better views, stay on a wing di...
2 Thank Andrew G
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Just got back from a 4 night stay at The Four Seasons in Vail Village. Our experience at the hotel was perfect. The hotel is comfortable and casual with a ski lodge/mountain decor feel. The room itself was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was large with a double sink, a stand alone bathtub, separate shower, and separate toilet room. The room also had a walk-in closet (awesome), a gas fireplace, a humidifier, and a separate beverage area with complimentary coffee/tea with a fancy Nespresso maker. The room was cleaned once in the morning, then turn-down service at night. Each night, a glass vessel of water and a glass was placed on each night stand and the humidifier was turned on. Nice touch! When lounging by the pool (perfectly heated), attendants circulated occasionally offering little snacks of watermelon, sorbet, and granola - even sunblock. Every person who interacted with me and my husband was friendly and went out of their way to meet our needs. The location of the hotel was also very centrally located in Vail Village. Each nigh we walked to local restaurants, shops, and entertainment. Summertime in Vail is fantastic and staying at The Four Seasons was the best!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony overlooking the pool - nice view!
2 Thank chocchip70
cHICAGO
Reviewed July 3, 2014

First of all it is a nice property and the room is definitely Four Seasons. The maid was terrific and they provided a little tent for our 6 year old to sleep in. Very cool. Now the not so Four Seasons stuff. Restaurant service was spotty and we were seated in the early morning by an open door,. When we complained the young girl said she had to spread out the tables among the wait staff!

Some of the front desk staff seemed to be just going through the routine without much feeling.

Also occupancy was very low and you would think they might have upgraded the room slightly, no chance, garden view was a 2' strip of grass where everyone walked their dogs. Ok, for $400 what do you expect?

At any rate this is not my favorite Four Seasons. Should have stayed at the other nice hotel in the center.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank FORESTBAR
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vail
The Sebastian - Vail
The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch
Sonnenalp
Sonnenalp
#1 of 30 in Vail

Been to Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail? Share your experiences!