“4-Seasons Vail”

Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Vail
“4-Seasons Vail”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Great location, rooms very nice, almost too warm! Only complaint, breakfast didn't open till 8am.
Ordered room service to start, very small portions. After 8 had second breakfast, excellent experience.

Room Tip: Room service was not up to standards. Small portions. Breakfast after 8am in the restaurant was exc...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Great service, great property, great time of year to visit. We have stayed in all the luxury properties in Vail and this by far was our best experience. Food was outstanding, Spa was out of this world and the exceptional service you expect at the Four Seasons. Will definitely be back!

Thank timjen88 .
Nebraska
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We rarely stay in luxury hotels. Our experience was great here. Every staff member was very friendly & helpful. We got a special rate of $150 a night because of a wedding . Taxes brought our bill to about $200 a night. Valet parking was $40 a day.

Room Tip: 5fh floor was great for us. That was the floor that our entrance was on. View of a ski slope.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank traveler10131
Beatrice, Nebraska
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We can not say enough about the incredible service we were given at the Vail Four Seasons. Every time we came or went we were greeted and asked if there was any way they could assist us. The front desk went out of their way to make us comfortable and to meet our needs. We had welcome gifts for our wedding guests that were taken care of with great care without being charged extra.

1 Thank gail b
FSVail, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear gail b,

I am glad to hear that you had an incredible stay with us and that we took care of all your needs. Weddings at Four Seasons, Vail are always a great time! Hopefully we get to welcome you back soon.

Warm regards,

Mark Herron
Dallas
Reviewed April 22, 2014

5 star hotels are supposed to take your breath away when you enter, FSV is a dud. The layout is horrible and there is nothing special about this hotel. The rooms are cheap and too outdated. The service is pretty good for Colorado standards. The location is ok, but not great. Room services prices where insanely bad. Hyatt BC is way better across the board.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank CDUB212121
FSVail, Director of Rooms at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear CDUB212121,

Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you further. Please feel free to contact me directly at 970-477-8604.

Raphael Pazzini
Director of Rooms
mexico
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Finally a top hospitality address in Vail, number one all around, no less...

Last year we stayed at the Vail Ritz Carlton. The service, the attitude, the facilities. Everything was just right. No, make it perfect, except...no restaurant, no room service.
Yes, that is correct, these are the Ritz Carlton Residence and Club, big family apartments but no breakfast, lunch or dinner. They offer you food from the Marriott, but you could as well ask for outside service. Is not what you expect. Yes, they have a snack menu at the bar, but it only goes so far.

This year I was traveling with my 2 kids only, so I decided I wanted to stay in a regular hotel (somewhere that would not imply to show my absence of cooking talent). I had stayed at other Vail locations like the Sonnenalp, Ritz Carlton and The Lodge, and a few platinum grade houses, but those were not my first choice. You know that when you stay at a Four Seasons you always expect great things and a memorable stay, so aside from the RC, this was an obvious choice.

I read some of the reviews. I always read the latest and the worst ones so I can get a measure of what to expect. The recent ones are a fresh update and the not so good allows me to expect the worst and hope for the best.

The first 2 days I experience some issues but the GM Raphael Pazzini and his staff worked every single detail to make it perfect. People like Mr Pazzini are the reason why Four Seasons is still the best brand in the hospitality market. By far.

The FS is located in mid Vail. There are other hotels closer to the lifts, but as you must have read, they have a concierge ski that makes it so easy for you, that it's location becomes irrelevant. They will take you in a 4 minute ride to the ski concierge about a 100 feet from Gondola 1. They will carry your skis to the snow, so don't mind what anybody writes about the location, it is perfect for an evening stroll to your preferred dining post.

The hotel also has house cars that will take you anywhere close by, so just park your car if you drove here and forget about it until your departure.

Matt and Lindsay at the Concierge are just fabulous. They will bend over to help you with any request. Smile included 7 X 24.

Our room was a one bedroom suite which we got at a very reasonable check in upsell. Each of us had a bed, to relax after a tight schedule on the slopes and before leaving for the endless dinner options in town. I do recommend this highly for a 4 member family. 1 king in a room plus a sofabed in the entrance that will accept a rollaway, plus a 1/2 bathroom. Couldn't have been better, (except maybe for one of their FS residences, but that was beyond my budget for this trip)

Some issues that were solved by Mr Pazzini and the excellent staff:

Some issues from room service improved after the first night. Also Mr Pazzini took notice that not all kids are 4 years old, even if you ask from children's menu, they will offer regular plates and silverware, not only plastic plates and cups.

The "upsell" room had an issue with the heating. It took them a couple of days, but were on it until it worked as new.
We had breakfast at their flame restaurant. The buffet is good, but it wouldn't hurt to expand it. I preferred to order from the menu, as the buffet was not as tempting. The first experience was kind of dull, but there after we had excellent service from the Flames' staff. Very nice people, indeed.

Same thing happened at their ski concierge. the first impression was average, but as days went by they really work hard to please every guest, helping with the boots, skis and always with a perfect smile.

When we checked in the minibar was only an empty fridge (??), I asked for soft drinks for the kids. They sent them to stock it and charged me all in the room service. Mr Pazzini told me he had taken notice, and that it was not supposed to be the way it should work. I understand they should stock it and only charge you when you actually take it from the minibar as any other hotel. If they work it out like that, it will be an improvement over other hotels. i.e. I never drink alcohol from the minibar, so it works better to have other type of drinks.

I've been coming to Vail for about 20 years, always trying to improve my previous experiences.

Four Seasons has my highest grade. I've not stayed yet at Sebastian's or Arabelle, but having talked to my friends, and having visited both, they still have a few things to learn from the Four Seasons.

If you stay here and have any small issue, no matter what it is, I do suggest to socialize it with Mr Pazzini. He is totally oriented to make your stay a FS experience.

After 20 years I know I don't have to keep on looking. This is home now.

2 Thank PegasoMex
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I have made Vail a superbowl tradition the past 3 years and could not be happier with absolutely everything. From the amazingly cozy lit fireplace in your room to the hot tea waiting in the lobby, I count the days til our next visit. The staff meets the FS mission and vision everytime with not a glitch!!! The food is divine and the skiing couldnt be anymore accessible! See you soon FS Vail!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Alison O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vail
The Sebastian - Vail
The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch
Manor Vail Lodge
Manor Vail Lodge
#5 of 30 in Vail

Been to Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail? Share your experiences!