“Four Seasons Does it Again!”

Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Kahului, Hawaii
“Four Seasons Does it Again!”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Finding the property was quite easy and being greeted by the guest services staff was very welcoming after an hour-and-a-half drive. Being ushered into the lobby by the guest services staff, we were escorted to the frond desk for our check-in process...and although our room was not ready, we were asked to enjoy any of the hotel's services and amenities - and we did.

Suffering from an injury as a result of a motor vehicle accident, I was in pain and discomfort. We walked downstairs to the Spa and were greeted by Jodie and the team, who set me up immediately with a therapist, Jane, who worked magic for 25 minutes!

The room was immaculate, spacious and set with a roll-away which we requested. Turn down each night included an individual glass water carafe and glasses for each of us in the room (3), slippers and a lit fireplace.

The amazing amenities also included daily hot chocolate (with made-from-scratch whipped cream, scraped chocolate and marshmallows) and brownies poolside, net to a roaring fireplace, along with smores (yes, that you actually make as opposed to being prepared) from 6pm-8pm.

Flame Restaurant is unbelievable - the Wagyu beef, Bison Ribeye and Miso Fish, finished with their chocolate souffle will leave a lasting impression.

The most amazing experience involved the Spa on the final night, which also was a celebration of my wife's birthday. We asked for their "best" experience and according to my wife, almost three hours later, it was (and she is a Spa "frequent-flyer"). Their staff is simply amazing, as most are, but topped it off by having a signed birthday card (signed by all of their staff), along with these amazing chocolate truffle "balls" and champagne, which they promptly exchanged once they learned that we were non-drinkers.

We have been to several Four Seasons properties and indeed, they are at the top of the 5-Diamond experience. Vail is definitely a destination for the beauty, experiences and yes, 5-diamond memories.

Room Tip: If you're not happy, just ask....they truly aim to please!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Craig T
FsrVail, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Craig T,
Thank you for sharing your memorable experience with us. I'm very happy to read you enjoyed your experiences in the Spa, Flame and with our Guest Services team. I hope you are feeling better, and would love to welcome you back to our resort in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Being in the hotel industry as an investor, my qualifications of any hotel experience are usually the result of measuring my stay through high standards and detailed judgement.

I spent 7 nights just recently at the Four Seasons Vail. I have to say that I can qualify my experience at the highest level on all possible criteria. Starting from the beautiful property of the Four Seasons within a superb location that is walking distance from the heart of Vail Village. The real estate is impressive, no complaint whatsoever of the premises. In addtion to the former, I would highlight the Four Seasons Ski Concierge service which makes the ski experience much more comfortable: the attention starts from the usual ski rentals to carrying them for you all the way to the gondola and receiving them at the mountain base when you finish your ski day. This in itself added to having an assigned locker for your whole stay (as opposed to renting a locker only for the day as in any usual ski rental place) enchances your whole experience. Topping this is the personalized and unique service that differentiates Four Seasons form any other hotel operator.

Honorable mention to Mr. Herron´s (the General Manager) professional and attentive style in running his business. This was by far one of the best ski trips I have had as it refers to my lodging experience. I believe there is no better hotel experience at Vail than staying at the Four Seasons.

I left with the feeling of wanting to go back very soon.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FdoDelgado
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Excellent hotel! Everything is taken care of in the minor details! Food is really good and staying at the bar was a nice experience (really liked the truffled popcorn!). Very nice staff. They really worry about us and take care of everything you need. The spa was an upside too! I highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I spent a lot of time researching where to stay for my first visit ever to Vail Village (I've stayed in Lionshead three times prior), and I am so glad I chose the FS Vail Village. I'll get to the good stuff: The service is impeccable, from Sonny (Sunny?) the overnight manager who went to great lengths to ensure I made my flight on Friday, even going so far as to request that the receptionist advise her that I was checking out so that she could simply say goodbye, to the young lady from Argentina who worked all 3 nights I stopped into the Fireside Lounge for dinner or drinks, to the gentlemen at the ski valet who made sure that my skis and boots made it safely between the hotel and the Village ski valet locker room. The spa and locker room attendants were even over-the-top nice and pleasant.
Flame is a great restaurant, although I would have preferred they had a bar downstairs. Instead, I wisely ordered from the Flame menu (tremendous bone-in bison rib-eye) but sat up in the Fireside Lounge, watching college basketball games on the big screen TVs, while chatting it up with the wait staff and some locals.
The hotel is not ski-in/ski-out; rather, its a 7-minute walk to the ski valet locker room located nearby the new Gondola One. The hotel also offers a free shuttle that drops you off right in the heart of in Vail Village, nearby the ski valet. I found it just as easy to walk though. The FS Ski Valet has lockers and a very courteous staff to assist you. The hotel also has house cars that will take you wherever you want to go. Take advantage of that luxury.
The gym is nice and adequately filled with cardio and gym equipment. The men's locker room has a great steam room, a heated whirlpool and adjacent cold plunge pool, a dry sauna, several private showers, grooming supplies and cold towels. The outdoor pool is heated, surrounded by hot tubs and fire pits, as well as an early evening hot chocolate bar.
Room service was prompt, friendly and just as I ordered it. Although I find $44 a bit steep for a glass of grapefruit juice and a pot of coffee, the rest of the restaurant menu was priced very fairly for a 5-star hotel.
Also, the standard rooms are huge - complete with a walk-in closet, a work-station, a massive bathroom with tub/shower and toilet closet, a balcony, a sitting area, gas fireplace, and a coffee bar and (empty) fridge (do not fret about the empty fridge - its intended to be empty, so that you may fill it up with your own food/bev, or the hotel's options. Novel idea...)
Finally, there are many restaurants and bars within 2 minutes of the hotel - walk out the door, and you'll fall into any type of meal you crave. Dine at Flame one night though...

The bottom line is, pay for ski-in/ski-out if you wish.....or spend a few nights in absolute luxury at the FS Vail, and let them shuttle you throughout the Village instead....That would be my suggestion.

Room Tip: Garden-view rooms are a misnomer - and mountain view rooms face the pool more than the mountain. Eit...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed February 8, 2014

From the moment we arrived, I could not have asked for anything else. The staff go out of their way to spoil and pamper you.
The server at Flame (Jon) made our mornings start out great! He remembered who we were and what kind of smoothies I like to start my day off with. Jon went above and beyond to make sure everything was just right.
We cannot wait to go back to the Four Seasons (Vail)

Room Tip: Quietest place I have ever stayed. Slept great!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SH1616
mclean,va
Reviewed February 8, 2014

If you are going there for skiing, be aware that it is a ten minute walk to the slope. A shuttle service is provided but will put you about 3 minutes walking from the slopes. My skis were misplaced by the Four Seasons the first day, but they provided rentals as compensation and that was fine with me. Mistakes are bound to occur but how they are handled can make a big difference. Four Seasons did very well with this mistake.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Beautiful resort in a beautiful place! Great access to downtown Vail and other ski towns are not far. The pool and hot tubs are a nice relaxing spot to rest your legs and feet and the rooms are much more than expected! The fireplace is a nice touch in the room and perfect for sharing with a significant other. Unfortunately, we got food poisoning, but the staff brought up vitamin waters and Gatorade right away, although charging a pretty penny! I would stay here again during the spring, great rates and beautiful weather!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travelife22
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vail
The Sebastian - Vail
The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch
Manor Vail Lodge
Manor Vail Lodge
#5 of 30 in Vail

Been to Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail? Share your experiences!