“EXECELLENT!!!”

Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Denver, CO.
“EXECELLENT!!!”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I really can't share enough great things about this hotel. I know...the prices are so high, but let me tell you. It is one of the places in Vail that you actually get what your paying for! Kids loved it, so many special things for the kids. Four Seasons makes it so easy for skiing too. I highly recommed this hotel!

Room Tip: Third floor or higher and you would have a wonderful view of the mountains
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank grtmemories
FourSeasonsColorado, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay and 5-star rating of our hotel. Also, thank you for mentioning how kid friendly our hotel is!

Director of Public Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
bergen county,NJ
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed at the Four Seasons for 7 nights last week. We booked the cheapest double. The room was very comfortable. It had a small walk in closet, a grand bathroom and two double beds. The room could have fit two queens and I can not understand why the do not use queens. It was not an issue as upon arrival we asked for a roll away. They were very accommodating and brought one right away. At first my son was very displeased about sleeping on a roll away but that changed when they brought and incredibly comfortable bed. It really was outstanding.

What made the whole experience was the staff. They where cheerful and over the top in the service they provided. I went through over a $150 in tips and they were all well deserved.

We were not psyched that it was not ski on/off but that changed when we saw how awesome the set up was. A van took us a short walk to the ski concierge. There was a very nice looker room and your boots were dry and heated gloves also. Then you had a short walk to the gondola. You did not have to carry your skis. They were delivered right to the gondola. It really was a very sweet set up.

They pool and hot tub are fabulous.

I have one weird complaint. There was no ventilation fan in the bathroom of our room. Just do not understand how new construction of this amazing hotel would not have a bathroom fan.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jimandsandyw
Thank you for your week's stay during ski season! Glad to hear you took advantage of our convenient Ski Concierge program--that whisks our guests to the base of nearby Vail Mountain. Our outdoor heated pool and hot tubs are also a guest favorite, so I'm glad you enjoyed!

There is an exhaust in every bathroom above the toilet. It's just a "grill"; the fan itself is located in the building roof.

Please visit us again soon.

Plano, Texas
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Beyond the confusion of where to meet all the different ski instructors and at which school on the very first day, our trip was awesome. The ski rentals could not have been easier since it is right off the lobby and the young man who helped my kids was so patient and kind, it really made it easy. We were upgraded to a suite which was a wonderful treat and upon arrival the housekeeping had set up a tent for our two little ones (6 and 4) with robes, hand drawn pictures and a stuffed animal. The kids were so excited it made the end of a long day of traveling really fun. Meals are easy too because they hand out all sorts of little toys for the kids to play with which is great. I have to stay, ski trips with little kids can be exhausting but this is about as easy as you can get.

2 Thank Nicole M
Thank you for mentioning our convenient Ski Concierge service! I am pleased to hear that your children enjoyed the tents, robes, stuffed animals and toys at meals. We love our littlest of guests.

Visit us again soon.

Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We just came back from a ski trip with our family and had a great time. The hotel rooms are amazing. We stayed in the residences side and had an amazing three bedroom guest room that was cozy and spacious. True luxurious accomodations! The kids loved the robes and the stuffed animal! It felt like home away from home. The hotel personnel is amazing and the highlight of the hotel. They are truly there to make your stay perfect and please you. The shuttle to the ski area are great and we loved the Mercedes SUV rides! Concierge was very helpful and despite our challenging requests, they arranged to our expectations.

2 Thank Viajantes2000
Thank you for rating us 5 stars!

I am so glad to hear that your children enjoyed the many amenities available to them--especially kid-size robes!

Our staff is our best asset, so I'm pleased to hear you were treated like royalty.

Come back soon!

Colorado
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at the Four Seasons in September with my 100 pound Newfie/lab. I was not sure if "pet friendly" was real. i travel with my dog a lot and have had many mixed experiences with hotel and mostly motels. I bring my own sheets for the hotels protection and frankly mine and Chianti's (my dog)protection too.
The entrance was a little hard to find at night - Even with my GPS I passed it twice because there is not an obvious sign. Once I did find the drive, we were both welcomed as a friend more than a guest. The bellman held on to a very excited Chianti's leash as I grabbed my overnight bag.
Check in was smooth and quick and we were on my way to a ground floor room. My room was large with a nice soaking tub- separate shower and toilet. The sliding glass door opened to a small outside area,handy for a large dog potty break. I did not hear any noise from the hall or other rooms- We were welcomed with a nice note and dog bone treats. The hotel is very classic mountain Colorado style. The bed was very comfortable and the specialty coffee maker in the room was a nice feature along with the mini bar. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the center of Vail and the ski area. There is a nice path for walking and great for dogs to get their exercise and explore by the little creek. I had to work in Vail so I did find a doggy day care a few miles away- That worked out great for the day- You do need to bring shot and vet records before hand (www.vaildoggie.com) I did feel awkward leaving my dog in the room while i was gone -
The breakfast was great and the service excellent at the restaurant. I also ordered room service- The sandwich was ok- service was prompt. The hotel is a great choice for those that like top notch service in a comfortable luxury atmosphere- They also have villas that are great for families - large with full kitchens. The spa and work out facilities are an added bonus to the luxury amenities of the hotel. Be sure and call the hotel in advance if you do have a pet so they can make sure you have the correct accommodations. I would highly recommend this property

Room Tip: make sure you have a ground floor with sliding door access with a dog- otherwise I would suggest a h...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank tripswithapurpose
FourSeasonsColorado, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us--and for visiting us in the fall. Glad you enjoyed the room's amenities--and quietness. Vail is extremely dog friendly, given its location in the Rocky Mountains, so we are glad your four-legged friend felt welcome.

Please visit us again soon!
LA, CA
Reviewed February 21, 2013

While the location is not on the mountain, their locker room is excellent and right at the lift. Hotel staff great. Rooms in excellent condition. The bar in the lobby quite relaxing with the fireplace and bar.

Room Tip: Corner room facing mountain.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank 813philipc
FourSeasonsColorado, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Greetings, thank you for your recent stay and review of our Resort. Thank you for mentioning our Ski Concierge facility, which transports our skiers effortlessly to the base of Vail Mountain.

Please visit again soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Just returned from 5 day trip with husband and two young kids. Please forgive this rambling review.

Beautiful hotel w/ sumptuous lobby. Decor was appropriately luxurious with beautiful fabrics and leather in the fireside lounge. Sophisticated artwork.

Stayed in mountainside executive suite with husband and 2 young kids. Definitely enough room for us. Have to agree with other posts that room decor is sparse. Felt like the budget for room decor was cut short. The living room area needs a better sofa table, an extra lounge/chaise, table for telephone and sofa lamps. Frankly, this felt like the interiors for a Marriott, not a Four Seasons. I was unfortunately disappointed. The marble bathroom and main bedroom were fine and what I expected for a Four Seasons.

Spa was outstanding. Very appropriate for a Four Seasons. Locker rooms and changing area/spa/jacuzzi/steam room areas were beautiful and quiet. Coed relaxation lounge was ok. The accoutrements to the relaxation area were again somewhat lacking. There were the requisite teas/water w/ cucumber offered w/ an accompanying bowl of fruit. The Bachelor Gulch Ritz had dried fruit, plus warm shoulder pads to aid w/ relaxation.

Spa services--outstanding. Much better than the Ritz. I had a superb facial. The deep tissue massage was likely the most satisfying I've experienced. Very talented masseuse.

This next part is where the Four Seasons excels--service. There was no charge for the kids club. It's open 9-5. They had a TV w/ videos, Wii, lots of arts and crafts. My daughter loved it. It came in handy when I wanted to use the gym/spa. The concierge was very helpful and available to make last minute reservations/change appts.

The ski concierge--outstanding. This is the real reason to go to the Four Seasons Vail. The Mercedes SUV or Sprinter was available within minutes to drive the short distance to the Ski Concierge at the bottom of the slopes in Vail Village. There were plentiful lockers with leather banquettes on the top floor. Staff members were available within seconds to assist you with putting on boots and making this "stressful" part of the morning incredibly easy. The 2nd floor area had great little muffins, cookies and Lavazza coffee machine beverages available. Then, the guys would then help you cart your ski equipment right to the slope or back to the shuttle for the next trip to the children's ski school.

The restaurant was good--what you would expect. Good food. Great service.

However, even with all of this extra service, there is nothing that can beat being slopeside. The Four Seasons would have been perfect if you could just walk out on the slopes.

I preferred the Four Seasons over the Ritz because it was quieter. I felt that the Ritz has too much traffic in the lobby/outside areas We recall having the feeling that the Ritz will "nickel and dime" you for everything. The Four Seasons is definitely more refined and relaxing. We will choose this hotel again.

Room Tip: Don't bother paying extra for mountain view--it's a view of the road. This is the one time w...
2 Thank babybear73
Thank you for your recent 5-day stay and 5-star review! I enjoyed reading your very detailed account of your stay. I appreciate your feedback on specific items, especially the room decor. I am glad to hear you loved our award-winning Spa, Kids for All Seasons and Ski Concierge! We aim to make skiing hassle-free, so that you can enjoy all that Vail has to offer.

Please visit us again soon.

Director of Public Relations
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vail
The Sebastian - Vail
The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch
Manor Vail Lodge
Manor Vail Lodge
#5 of 30 in Vail

Been to Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail? Share your experiences!