“Gorgeous Hotel”

Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We stayed at this hotel in late August. It is one of the nicest hotels we've ever stayed at. The hotel design totally matches the surroundings of Vail.

It has a fabulous pool with lovely flowers and two great hot tubs. The Flame restaurant serves nice but quite expensive food. I had three treatments in the spa and all were wonderful.

Housekeeping was excellent and all the staff members were lovely. The location is brilliant, easy walking distance to both Vail Village & Lionshead Village.

We would love to return some day.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CAMDVM
There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail

Reviewed September 21, 2011

The staff a the Four Season was incredibly accommodating prior to our arrival in assisting us with special requests we would need during our stay. There isn't one bad thing I could say about the facility or staff. Flame was delicious though it didn't overly impress me the way the property and staff did. I would rate Fireside above Flame.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 20, 2011

My husband and I enjoyed every aspect of this luxury hotel....exactly what you would expect from a Four Seasons!

Reviewed September 16, 2011

We spent Labor Day Weekend at the 4S Vail. It was so wonderful that we are returning in early October for another weekend hoping to catch the Aspen trees in color. I love 4S Hotels. The new Vail property is just perfect especially the hotel staff. A well run hotel. Beautiful design. I cannot say enough good things about it. The attention to detail. You would never guess the hotel has been open less than a year. I LOVED it!

Room Tip: Pay extra for a room overlooking mountains. You do not want a room looking out on #I70.
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I am in the luxury travel business and am fortunate enough to see a lot of fabulous properties and destinations around the world. And I cannot say enough for the FS VAIL!!!! It is an amazing property with so much to offer adults, children, couples and families all at the same time. The hotel rooms are large with double sinks in every bathroom, balconies over looking the heated year round pool and Vail mountain, fireplaces and much more!! The staff is helpful, kind and genuine...all while providing excellent service!! You would NEVER know they have only been operating for 10 months. YOU MUST try FLAME, their restaurant for dinner, and have the Bison Pot-stickers. The Pinot Noir Dipping sauce is to die for.

The hotel's location couldn't be any better and with their concierge ski service, it is better than ski in ski out!!! Not to mention you have access to Vail Mountain and Lionshead all from one location...no driving necessary. But if you had to, they have a complimentary car service that will take you anywhere in the town of Vail. What a great asset!!!

I will recommend this hotel to all of my clients looking for a luxury ski / spring getaway!!! I also love the fact that the dress code is casual, it makes the beautiful lodge feel like home. There are private residences you can rent, plenty of different style hotel rooms to accommodate the whole family and a lounge with live music every Friday / Saturday that shouldn't be missed.

I cannot wait to go back!!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We celebrated our 25th anniversary here and it was truly wonderful. We were in a private residence and felt at home. The service was impeccable with very few glitches. And the beds were heavenly! Despite having some high-altitude effects, we slept pretty well. The special touches included a gourmet kitchen, surround sound speakers in the living room, large LCD TVs, warm air humidifier in the bedroom, a steam shower (unfortunately it didn't work while we were there), washer/dryer, gas fireplace and nice balcony. Room service food was excellent as was dinner at the Flame Restaurant. Nice gym and exquisite spa! Pool was a bit crowded at times, but enjoyable nonetheless.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This is the text of a comment I emailed to this resort's management right after returning; some names have been redacted for privacy; I kept in some of the staff's names for recognition of their superior hospitality!

To the Management:

My partner ___ and I just returned from a very special stay at your resort. We will return the standardized comment cards we got at the end of our stay but I also wanted to include more detail for you and your very warm, attentive staff.

I think our story got circulated to everyone on staff while I stayed. ____ and I had planned this stay a while ago, but as we were preparing to leave our hometown, he had to delay his own departure. I ended up traveling and checking in by myself Sept 4 and was expecting to have ___ join me daily; his stay kept getting delayed because of unexpected issues coming up at work. In the meantime, the staff was welcoming and gave me great suggestions for things to keep me occupied.

Many people stood out to me. First and foremost was Nicholas, a French force of nature at the Fireside Lounge, whose endless enthusiasm and energy was evident throughout the week. I was eager to introduce him to ___ when ___ finally arrived; impressively, Nicholas was able to greet him by name even without an introduction! Also, I will fondly remember having a dance with him one of the live music nights!

Next we had the great fortune of having Chris Kiesel be our server in the Flame Restaurant the first night ___ managed to get in, which was Sept 8. We were anxious about being the last customers in the restaurant that evening, but Chris made us feel absolutely at home and had great suggestions on dishes and sauces.

Dani, Kira, Francisco, Francisca at the front were all so friendly and sympathetic to me.

Jodie in the Spa was a great resource for day trips, hikes, and her great advice to visit Minturn for some "old Colorado" feel.

I apologize to the young lady (from Serbia, I believe) who worked in the Spa in the evenings; she helped me pick out a swimsuit I would otherwise not have had the courage to even try on. Unforgiveably, I have forgotten her name; we chatted quite often when I came down for evening soaks. she was usually the only person at the desk.

I know I have forgotten a few names, but wanted to at least make sure those I remember could be recognized for what they contribute to your hotel.

___ and I wish we could have just moved right in! We rarely have a chance to take time off for ourselves, and this was our first real vacation in years. Thank you for making our stay so memorable, and we hope to visit again in the future.

Yours,
_________

I must also add that we found the cuisine at Flame, the Fireside Lounge, and your in-room dining to be absolutely excellent. At Flame, the coffee-rubbed prime skirt steak was especially fabulous. In the room, we were quite wowed by both the flavor and the beautiful composition of your Vail Valley Cobb Salad. The chicken breast was grilled to such perfection we had to have an additional side of it added to our order. Our compliments to the chefs and cooks. In our time at Vail, we surveyed the plethora of restaurants in the area but cancelled at least one reservation in favor of your dining choices.

2  Thank ach551
FourSeasonsColorado, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2011

What an amazing review, so thoughtfully written and how kind of you to name some of the team members who helped make your stay so special. Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. It is so nice to hear from our guests. Your feedback truly matters and we really appreciate hearing from you. Thank you! Come back and see us soon. Kindest Regards, Dana Berry, PR Director

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vail
The Sebastian - Vail
The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch
Vail Mountain Lodge
Vail Mountain Lodge
#9 of 30 in Vail

Been to Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail? Share your experiences!