“Absolute Perfection! We'll be back....” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail

Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Absolute Perfection! We'll be back....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at the Vail Four Seasons Resort over Labor Day weekend for our "Babymoon" & 1st date Anniversary. With my wife pregnant, we wanted a nice, relaxing mini-vacation away from the heat and humidity of South Florida. Vail was a logical destination, and our search for lodging brought us to the Four Seasons.

Our decision was based on the very positive reviews, and I can adamantly state that this resort is everything and more than what was expected! The staff was amazingly helpful and overly-friendly; the service was outstanding, from the valet, to the front desk staff, to the concierge; and the accomodations were absolutely perfect.

We stayed in a mountain-view king room, which was absolutely amazing. The view was oustanding, the fireplace was very cozy, and the room was very spacious at almost 600 square feet.

If you're staying with the Four Seasons for a special occasion, be sure to let them know! They got wind of our anniversary through the concierge and for our last evening, sent up to the room, chocolate covered strawberries with a bottle of champagne for me, and a bottle of sparkling grape juice for my pregnant wife. This was a step above and beyond most hotels and resorts; service and attention to detail such as this will keep us coming back year after year!!

Overall, our experience was absolutely amazing. Thank you, Four Seasons, for an absolutely perfect weekend!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ISlagle
FourSeasonsColorado, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail, responded to this review, September 9, 2011
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! We are so glad that you and your wife had an enjoyable, memorable "babymoon" and anniversary. Our staff prides itself on delivering exceptional guest service and we are glad that you were wow-ed! :) Thanks again for sharing your experience about your stay. We hope to welcome you back in the future. All the best,
Dana Berry, director of public relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Girona, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

I stayed at the Four Seasons for two nights in late August with my mother and 2-year-old son. I know this hotel is fairly new, but the service was impeccable. We had a ton of luggage since we were on a long road trip. Valets were incredible and even took care of my sons little trike! Check-in was easy and the room was outfitted with my son in mind. Crib, diapers, wipes, toys, blankets, cookies, and milk! My son was in heaven and I appreciated the hotel going the extra mile to make things a little easier for us. The room was large and comfortable. We had a nice balcony overlooking the mountains and pool area. We swam several times a day and loved the pool. Gorgeous views. My son awoke very early one morning and I utilized their playroom downstairs. It was great for him to run off some steam and play with new toys. Traveling with a toddler can be tough, but I felt like everyone in the hotel went out of their way to help make things a bit easier and I really appreciated that! We would gladly stay again!

2 Thank CTS80
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

Beautiful rooms, great location, and attentive and friendly staff!

Bethesda, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

Our family of 4 (two adults; two kids) stayed for a week in the private residences. Beautiful, brand new hotel with all the accompanying nice things about Four Seasons (welcome baskets, robes, etc). But I would trade those for an improvement on the service, which was just adequate. Not what I would expect from a Four Seasons. We've had better, more attentive service at Hyatt and Ritz Resorts. Concierge staff was only semi-informed about the area, guest services, etc. Spa was nice, but way understaffed. Lobby bar and restaurant staff were nice, but completely overwhelmed. We waited for 45 minutes one evening for food after ordering. Pool was crowded and understaffed. It seems like this new Four Seasons has a ways to go in order to really be a great property. If you are looking for a mountain alternative, I would try the Four Seasons, Jackson Hole, which is just as grand but seems to get the service just right.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

Vail in the summer is a great place to be and the Four Seasons only enhanced that. The rooms are nice and large and the bed is extremely comfortable. Our room had a working fireplace which would be nice in the winter. We were upgraded to a deluxe mountain view room. The balcony was a little small and only had 1 chair which I thought was odd. We also had an issue with the air conditioning but they fixed it fairly promptly.

We loved the lobby lounge over looking the pool. It was a great afternoon/evening happy hour spot. Comfortable chairs and amazing views. Breakfast at Flame was great. That was the only meal we ate there.

The staff was great! Everyone was really friendly. We had previously stayed at the Sebastian which was formerly the Vail Plaza and while the lobby there is a little more hip, I prefer the Four Seasons, especially when they have the buy 2 get one night free.

Oh and the spa was really nice. I had a great hot stone massage and I am picky.

We will definitely be back.

Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2011

The Four Seasons Vail is a lovely resort. Visually, it is almost a carbon copy of the Four Seasons Whistler, but fortunately, that is where the comparison ends. The FS Vail does everything right whereas the FS Whistler does little right.

My reviews are usually very lengthy, but this one will be brief as there is no new ground to cover

The decor is a bit staid for my taste, but it fits in with the location. It looks and feels like a mountain resort. The rooms are spacious and have high quality materials. The food is very expensive and good but not great. The gym is large with top of the line equipment. The pool is a good size for a mountain resort which does not cater to swimmers in general. This is a large U-shaped property on a tight footprint. The pool is in the middle of the U, so consequently, the noise from the screaming children filters up to the top of the property. If you want convenience to Vail Village, you are blocks away. This is not a quiet property as there is a constant stream of cars, buses and pedestrians. The spa is nicely done albeit a bit minimalist for my taste. I had a massage treatment and found it to be a good one although very rushed and robotic.

The service was outstanding as one would expect from a Four Seasons. The staff was helpful and friendly.

I would classify the Four Seasons Vail as a city hotel and not a resort. The resort fee is a rip off as others have noted. This property does everything very well. As I mentioned, there is nothing here to "knock your socks off," but boring and predictable can be positive attributes in a resort. The only truly over the top attraction here is the beautiful and expensive art throughout the hotel. I wish FS had taken some risk and built a more contemporary and slightly flashier hotel. They have managed to build a rustic and luxurious hotel that seems a bit dated and tired despite the fact it is brand new. I know this hotel was delayed by a number of years. I just wish they had done something different from the FS mountain template lodge they have for Jackson Hole and Whistler.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

We stayed here for one night. Got in around 3PM and left the next morning at 6AM. I was not feeling well so we did not leave the room other than for dinner. There were huge globs of hair in the shower and toilet. The staff was very friendly and nice. Really did not like paying the resort fee for our 15 hour stay.

1 Thank momandktravel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vail
Arrabelle at Vail Square, A RockResort
Manor Vail Lodge
Manor Vail Lodge
#5 of 30 in Vail
The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch

Been to Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail? Share your experiences!