“Loved it sooooooooo much!!!”

Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Sydney, Australia
“Loved it sooooooooo much!!!”
Reviewed May 22, 2011

This hotel is magnificent! its clean comfortable and is in a great location. the facilities are fabulous and the staff are very friendly and accommodating. I cannot recommend it enough. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed May 1, 2011

I went to Vail to enjoy the last skiing days. I planned my vacations so I could stay a little bit longer after into the off season to relax and enjoy some self-time. As my last trip I stayed at the Four Seasons Resort, I decided to come back. I imagined everything to be different when the ski season had finished but to my surprise it was not! The service continued to be the same. I did activities that I did not in my other trips. I went to the gym and while I was doing my work out a nice lady came and asked me if I needed something, she gave me a towel and a bottle of water. I also went to the pool. This experience is really different, I was inside the pool swimming and the snow was falling down… really amazing!!The staff gave me a warm robe so I didn´t freeze when I went out of the pool. I ordered room service many times and I don´t have any complaints. I also ate at Flame… it is still being amazing… the taste of the food is still incredible and they are introducing different plates so they can match the season. I went to Fireside (the bar) also and had a beautiful and relaxing time reading my book and having a cup of hot tea or sometimes a glass of wine. I felt like a queen in my palace!!!! I am planning to come back in the summer so I can see a different Vail, the sunny Vail and definitely I will stay at the Four Seasons Resort… I love this hotel, the staff, the service, the food… All of it!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank RG2011
Reviewed April 28, 2011

This hotel has been open for 4 months only but won't be able to tell because their team is awesome!!! One of the Warmest and helpful teams out there. Restaurants are amazing too! So next time you are here in vail stop by and check out the four seasons!!!

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank Vailmeetshawaii
Washington, DC
Reviewed April 22, 2011

We checked in only weeks after this hotel opened, and honestly you wouldn't have known it. This hotel is just lovely, excellent service, great food and drink, and a very nice property.
We stayed in the average king bed room - it had a great fireplace (which can really warm up the room), the bathroom is large and luxurious, and very comfortable beds. Even though it was chilly outside, we made use of the outdoor pool area with a wonderfully warm spa pool. As soon as we got in, someone came out to offer us hot chocolate and a brownie (delicious!), there was a huge roaring fireplace that we sat next to to dry off, and there is a large container for heated towels and robes outside, which made getting out of the spa not so difficult. We used the gym which is large and spacious with everything you could need.
We made use of the ski concierge which was wonderful! They take your skis at the base of the mountain, even ask you if you want help taking off your boots, and they keep all of your equipment until your next ski day. Loved it. They even had pastries in the morning and cookies in the afternoon. The location of the concierge was terrific, particularly since you do have about a 10 minute walk from the hotel to the base. One of the few things that could improve this hotel is getting it closer to the mountain so you'd have less of a walk, but don't keep that from staying at this hotel.
We had drinks at the bar - the bartenders were very talkative and fun, the bar menu is limited, but tasty. We did have breakfast one day in the restaurant which was a buffet breakfast and offered something for everyone. Everything I got, I enjoyed.
Overall, I really enjoyed the hotel and the surrounding area. It was my first time to Vail and I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Ask for something facing the mountain
Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank kikicole
Vail, Colorado
Reviewed April 14, 2011

Spent the weekend at the Four Seasons Resort Vail, CO. Skied through a blizzard but it was all worth it to be pampered by the slope side ski concierge staff who had my boots warmed and all my gear that I'd dropped them the night before at the Hotel ready to go the next morning. The hotel is beautifully appointed with lots of natural tones and materials, wood, stone, beautiful carpet making it warm yet contemporary. The art work alone is worth a visit!
Ate a huge steak at the restaurant "Flame" which boasts a "black and blue" broiler that serves up a steak that's seared on the outside and rare in the middle...yum! Great fun at the bar in the evening. They have this really cool ice cube maker on the bar top, just for your single malt! It is so hard it never melts to dilute your sipping pleasure.

Great weekend, great location. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade! It worked for me.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AdoVail_Colorado
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 21, 2011

Spent 5 days in mid march with a mixed experience.

On the positive side it's a nice property with very good food service. Also the bell service was outstanding

On the negative side the concierge service was poor, including making reservations at a rest. That was no longer open?????

Several other rough edges as well.

In terms of the location it is more like a 10-15 min walk to the lift. We did not mind it and the ski concierge staff were fantastic.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank AJF725
Port Townsend, Washington
Reviewed March 11, 2011

If you cherish a Four Seasons Hotel version of luxury above all else, this is an excellent choice. Their high standards apply, yet again, to the service, bathroom, bed, beige walls-wood-trim decor and amenities. Restaurant is a very tasty steakhouse for dinner. The Spa is truly lovely and we enjoyed excellent massages. Our King mountain view room is plain, luxurious and spacious. And very expensive! However, much like The 4S in Whistler, B.C. they arrived late on the scene and as a consequence the location is less ideal. In Vail, with a variety of options, this may not be the best for someone looking for something with more character or the best location. In that case, the Sonnenalp or Lodge Tower should be considered.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank drawntogroovy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vail
The Sebastian - Vail
The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch
Manor Vail Lodge
Manor Vail Lodge
#5 of 30 in Vail

Been to Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail? Share your experiences!