“Very Disappointed”

Atwater on Gore Creek
Ranked #42 of 124 Restaurants in Vail
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Frontage Road
Transit: Free transportation available through Vail Cascade shuttle service. Shuttle stops in Lionshead and Vail Village.
Description: Take your taste buds on a sensory experience as you savor creative Colorado cuisine paired with an eclectic list of craft beers at Atwater on Gore Creek, Vail Cascade's signature creek-side restaurant. Unique, innovative and inspired by culinary camaraderie, dishes come to life when perfectly paired with the creativity, passion and complexity of ingredients. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Gluten-free and vegetarian menus available.
Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Disappointed”
Reviewed February 24, 2010

We were in Vail with our kids over Valentines Day and made a reservation at Atwater on Gore Creek. Upon being seated we were surprised to find the the dinner was a fixed menu priced at $75 per person, something that was not mentioned when we made the reservation. Given that it was to late to find another location we decided to stay. I would categorize the wine list, the food and the service as fair - certainly not worth the price. When we received the check we were surprised to find that a 20% gratuity had been automatically added to our bill (there were only 4 of us). With a relatively modest priced bottle of wine the tab came to $600. Although we could have made a fuss we decided the best thing to do would be to warn others about this establishment and to never return.

missouri
“our best meal in Vail in 5 years”
Reviewed February 2, 2010

We've been coming to Vail for the last 5 years. we've tried all of the best restaurants- sweet basil, beanos, K Liken, etc. Everything was wonderful at Atwater. The service, the food was awesome. started with the pheasant soup which was creamy, wonderful flavor of sweet corn, wild rice. ceasar salad was big- it was good, but should have split it or skipped it. I was too full for the wonderful Salmon. it was spice to perfection with chipotle and something a little sweet. served over lemon barley and broccolini. large piece of salmon. 3 of us got that and 1 got the red trout- which was good as well. ended the meal with chocolate gilatto-yummy, creamy, rich, and shared monkey brioche-awesome! easy to share. pour a rich cream over it and cherries. Great experience would definately go back. Nice atmosphere. we had eaten there when it was Chaps. price wasn't too bad- $113/couple and walked out very full. next year would skip Gamecreek - fun ride up, wierd menu, bad salads, too pricey. always have good meals at Vendetta's- pasta, fish, pizza.

Avon, Colorado
“One of the best fine dining experiences I've had!”
Reviewed January 22, 2010

From start to finish, I was thoroughly impressed with every aspect of Atwater. The new remodel felt warm and pleasant. The chairs were comfortable yet stylish, oddly enough it seems many restaurants seem to overlook the fact that their customers are going to be sitting at least an hour or more while dining.
Once we settled in we had fine service throughout the whole dinner. The breads were all fabulous, especially the brioche, it just melted in my mouth! My husband had a carpaccio style beef appetizer which came with a fried and poached egg, and endive salad. The egg might have been my favorite part of the whole meal, perfectly poached and then fried crisp, just wonderful and it pared so well with the rest of the dish. All the food was cooked well, seasoned, and hot, again obvious things that help make a great meal great but oftentimes get overlooked.
I hope more people give Atwater a try. My night out with my husband was such an all around lovely time, and I had a much better experience at Atwater then I've had at many better known restaurants. Thank you to all the staff who made our dinner so special.

Eagle, Colorado
“The BEST food and service we have ever had”
Reviewed January 5, 2010

Our family had Christmas Eve dinner at "Atwater". Everybody was blown away with the quality of food and portions, as well as the excellent service. It was the best meal we have ever had and we eat out quite a lot. As soon as we sat at the table the manager stopped by to thank us for choosing their restaurant! How nice is that!? Every single meal was PERFECT, it makes me hungry just thinking about it. I am telling this great experience to everybody in the Vail valley. We are definitely coming back!