“The breakfast was delicious..”
Review of Atwater on Gore Creek - CLOSED

Atwater on Gore Creek
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Frontage Road
Transit: Free transportation available through Vail Cascade shuttle service. Shuttle stops in Lionshead and Vail Village.
Description: Take your taste buds on a sensory experience as you savor creative Colorado cuisine paired with an eclectic list of craft beers at Atwater on Gore Creek, Vail Cascade's signature creek-side restaurant. Unique, innovative and inspired by culinary camaraderie, dishes come to life when perfectly paired with the creativity, passion and complexity of ingredients. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Gluten-free and vegetarian menus available.
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We decided that before skiing the day away we'd start with a good breakfast to keep us going and not just rush a cup of joe and donut down our bellies. What started with a plan to eat breakfast here one day on the trip ended up our starting point all week it was THAT good. Yes, you will pay more then a walk away snack but we wanted to be relaxed and focus on VACATION!!!! We had the buffet each day and I don't think you could ask for more! Cereal, omelettes, home fries, every bread for toast and bagles you could want , pancakes, sausage and bacon, 4 types of juice, two smoothies (so yummy..I was in LOVE with the berry but my bubby loved the orange Julius flavor) and fresh fruit of all kinds. The coffee was really good and it never got cold as Miguel kept it topped perfictly! I also LOVE, LOVE, LOVED the french toast!!! And just when you think they can't do any more for you they even give you a cup of Joe to go so you don't miss a minute of the trails. The people working their were extremely friendly. Miguel, who was our waiter (each day based on our request) was part of the reason we kept going back. He was as sweet as could be, remembered our names and what we liked. He never rushed us and by weeks end felt like an old friend we couldn't wait to see again. If you go you need to ask for him by name and enjoy your quiet relax time before hitting the slops. It's the perfect start to your day.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

I NEVER write reviews but am compelled to do so after my experience at the Atwater. During a recent visit I wasn't feeling well and after telling our server, Jairus Timmins, he asked the chef to make something special/off the menu for me. Out came some fresh, homemade chicken noodle soup! To top it off, he made sure I had a to-go cup for my hot tea for the ride to the airport. There's not much worse than being sick away from home and the staff made me feel so much better. The other diners with me who were feeling 100% thought the service and food were exceptional, too!

TBemis, F&B Dir / Executive Chef at Atwater on Gore Creek, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Carmel,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. This is the kind of service we strive to provide all of our guests. I will personally make sure to recognize Jarius publicly for doing a great job. Please let us know when you are returning, we can always whip up some Chicken Noodle Soup !

Respectfully,

Todd Bemis

Reviewed February 13, 2014

We had an excellent first experience at the Atwater! Two employees in particular, James D. and Josh went above and beyond to make sure that it was a dining experience to remember. The food was incredible and the attention to the table was unmatched by any other restaurant in the area. We are already looking forward to the next visit!!

1  Thank B H
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Breakfast buffet was incredible! Jonathan provided excellent service and was vey friendly! Service in the morning was great all around... Things got incredibly hectic and chaotic for their dinner service, however. Food came slow, and had to be sent back for errors. The food was excellent once they corrected the issues

Reviewed January 29, 2014

As a group we have previously dined here and really enjoyed it but this time the food was very mediocre to say the least. Appetizers and salads were of rather poor quality with soggy lettuce and hummus that tasted terribly . I had to send my Salmon back as it came overcooked despite asking for it rare. This meant that I finally received my main course when my friends were all finished eating. Despite a nice setting I think this restaurant is sitting back on its previous laurels and needs some work to get it back where it was.