“They had the best burger, creative cocktails, a cozy atmosphere, and a genuine bartender!”
Review of Atwater on Gore Creek - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Frontage Road
Transit: Free transportation available through Vail Cascade shuttle service. Shuttle stops in Lionshead and Vail Village.
Description: Take your taste buds on a sensory experience as you savor creative Colorado cuisine paired with an eclectic list of craft beers at Atwater on Gore Creek, Vail Cascade's signature creek-side restaurant. Unique, innovative and inspired by culinary camaraderie, dishes come to life when perfectly paired with the creativity, passion and complexity of ingredients. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Gluten-free and vegetarian menus available.
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I sat at the fireside bar and the bartender, Skye, made me an amazing cocktail. I was indecisive and he gave me just what i wanted. The Colorado burger was the best burger I've ever had. On top of great drinks and food, the atmosphere was so cozy and welcoming it made it hard to leave! Skye was so genuine and knowledgeable. I would definitely visit again.

Meagan F, General Manager at Atwater on Gore Creek, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

HSarge44 -

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your wonderful experience in Atwater on Gore Creek at the Vail Cascade Resort!

I am extremely happy to share your kind words with our staff! Truly, they are the ones that make the difference and go out of the way to create lifetime memories.

I look forward to having you dine with us again very soon!

Kind Regards,

Meagan Francisco

Reviewed November 10, 2013

The dining experience was wonderful, the food was delicious and the wine choices were outstanding.
Great wait staff!

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stayed at Vail Cascade for 6 days and dined either in their dining room, conference facility or in-room. Dining room food was fantastic for lunch and service was fine. I had the best grilled cheese in my life. But one thing that is concerning is that in their conference facilities and buffets nothing is labled. I have a very bad nut allergy and I felt as a bother to asked those servers attending to the buffet if there was nuts in anything. The server we had for our conference plated dinner was amazing first thing he asked was about food allergies and made every efforts to find out what was made in or around nuts and accomodated me accordingly. I would hope that a place such as Vail Cascade with it's dimond rating would at least do the basics such as labeling foods that have common allergy food so those like myself, don't have to be so worried if having a reaction to the food that was served. Let alone a liablity law suite if something were to happen.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I thought this was billed as a Brunch but was an expanded Breakfast buffet. Only meats were crackly bacon with little flavor and sausage. The baked items were light and flaky but a bit dark yet not burnt. Again, the chef lacks unique and fun recipes. They had yogurt with berries in small cups, but the flavor was not good. I don't understand how it could taste bad. The diced potatoes are not a good recipe (and were served the next two days at convention breakfasts.) as well.

Waitstaff and hostess were very attentive and friendly. Hot food was hot and cold food cold but served on room temperature plates stored at shin height with lights over them (that caused dead bugs to be on the first plate I picked up.

Would try dinner before breakfast.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We chose the Atwater for the first night of our anniversary weekend even after reading some conflicting reviews because we wanted to stay within the hotel and were hoping for one of the more positive experiences.
Immediately when we were seated in the "tv area" I was disappointed. Both the hostess and the waiter knew it was our anniversary. Although they arrived after we did, a family with a child that was running loose was seated behind us. Not very romantic. :(

We ordered 2 appetizers which were AWESOME! They are the perfect size for 2 people though if you have a large table, order more. We had the honey goat cheese (ask for more toasts) and the pot of mussels.
My husband had the kobe beef special which he really enjoyed and I had the crispy pork shank which I didn't. It was a bit dry and the white bean ragout barely covered the bottom of the plate and had only 1 piece of sausage. There was also a mention of picked herb salad which ended up being 5 pieces of celery leaves on top of the pork shank. It was a little disappointing.
Both the waiter and the "buss boy" (for lack of a better term) were VERY nice though.
At the end of the meal, the waiter brought 2 glasses of champagne for our anniversary. Lovely touch.
With all the high quality restaurants in Vail yet to try, I don't think I'll give the Atwater another chance.

BrananMike -

Thank you very much for taking the time to share you experience during your stay in Vail.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed most of the food you ordered and that our staff was able to pamper you with a complimentary champagne toast for your anniversary! However; I am disappointed that an unruly child disturbed the romantic nature of the evening.

You are correct -there are many great restaurants in Vail, and I am happy to consider Atwater one of the top in the Valley. I truly hope you will consider joining us again when you return to the area as I am sure our scenic views of the creek and roaring fire place will enhance our mountain cuisine.

Kind Regards,