“Really?”

Atwater on Gore Creek
Ranked #43 of 124 Restaurants in Vail
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Frontage Road
Transit: Free transportation available through Vail Cascade shuttle service. Shuttle stops in Lionshead and Vail Village.
Description: Take your taste buds on a sensory experience as you savor creative Colorado cuisine paired with an eclectic list of craft beers at Atwater on Gore Creek, Vail Cascade's signature creek-side restaurant. Unique, innovative and inspired by culinary camaraderie, dishes come to life when perfectly paired with the creativity, passion and complexity of ingredients. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Gluten-free and vegetarian menus available.
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I thought the idea of trout with watermelon and lentils sounded interesting,but it was just weird. This restaurant tries too hard. However, the goat cheese with blueberries and the French fries are amazing. And if the weather is nice it is pleasant to eat on the balcony where you can see and hear the gore river which is beautiful. And it was a little more reasonably priced than most of the restaurants in vail.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

When we arrived I was not feeling good about the ambience but after we ordered our dinner we so pleasantly surprised in the quality of our food. Don't let the looks of the dining room disappoint you because our food was quiet delicious and our waiter was really good. They have a special 3 for $33 and it was quite a deal. Would go back.

1  Thank 3grandchildren1969
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We wanted a 7:00 reservation but were told they could only do 6:30. Three quarters of the restaurant was busy the entire time we were there. We were seated right up front, which just didn't seam very "upscale". The food was just OK and a little over priced. My daughter had a chicken pesto pizza, which was good, but not worth $24. I had the salmon with the gnocchi. The salmon was good but would have liked more than 6 gnocchi. My husband's "filet" didn't really look like a filet and had to be sent back because it was medium when he ordered medium rare. The second time it was still over done but we were almost finished eating, so he just ate it. I just would have expected a free dessert or something after having to send something back for $200. We were really looking forward to eating here and were a little disappointed. The resort, however, was amazing. Definitely planning on returning during ski season. We will just eat somewhere else.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Stayed at the Vail Cascade Resort and took the elevator to this onsite restaurant--what a beginning pleasure. I was told the menu was fine dining,but was very upset to be seated in a dining room with several TVs. There was no problem to be reseated in an adjoining more appropriate room. We shared an appetizer of duck empanadas which were delicious. I had the short ribs and my companion the pork shank, both accompanied by delicious sides. The food was excellent and portions quite large. If we had access to a kitchen, the take home food would have been another wonderful dinner. The homemade Foccacia served in its own black skillet with honey butter is a must. Beer pairing, rather than wine pairing was an interesting find.

1  Thank Jerry R
Reviewed September 5, 2013

So good. The service and food were wonderful. Best filet ever, so tender. Just make sure they don't seat you in the room with the TVs, or if they do, just ask to move. We did, and they were super friendly about it! Really worth going there!

2  Thank DenaDN
Meagan F, General Manager at Atwater on Gore Creek, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

DenaDN -

Thank you so much for your kind words about Atwater on Gore Creek! I am delighted you enjoyed your experience and your filet! We pride ourselves on quality ingredients and perfect preparation to ensure you feel quite at home!

I see that you do not live far from us; I hope you will dine with us again soon when you are on this side of the mountains!

All the best!

Meagan Francisco
Atwater on Gore Creek

Been to Atwater on Gore Creek? Share your experiences!