“Delicious Food Right On Property at Vail Cascade”

Ranked #42 of 124 Restaurants in Vail
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Frontage Road
Transit: Free transportation available through Vail Cascade shuttle service. Shuttle stops in Lionshead and Vail Village.
Description: Take your taste buds on a sensory experience as you savor creative Colorado cuisine paired with an eclectic list of craft beers at Atwater on Gore Creek, Vail Cascade's signature creek-side restaurant. Unique, innovative and inspired by culinary camaraderie, dishes come to life when perfectly paired with the creativity, passion and complexity of ingredients. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Gluten-free and vegetarian menus available.
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I always look for an on-site restaurant when selecting a hotel for vacation, and Atwater on Gore Creek met this criteria and surpassed with its excellent food and dining experience.

I ate just about every meal in my four-day trip here, so I had a nice sampling of the entire menu. I enjoyed the variety of the menu that went from everything from the typical fish, pork and steak entrees to sandwiches and pizza.

Just about everything I had I would describe as delicious. Some of the appetizer standouts to me were honey goat cheese, kobe beef carpaccio and duck empanadas. The goat cheese was phenomenal. I had it twice. It came with delicious candied walnuts and berry reduction sauce. The kobe beef carpaccio was another winner and was a special that evening. Its simpleness sung with mozzarella, mushrooms and olive oil.

My favorites for entrees were flat iron steak and crispy pork shank. The pork shank was incredible. I loved the crispiness on the outside and the meat just fell off the bone on the inside. It was totally rich and decadent.

You would expect that portions would be smaller for such a nice restaurant; however, every course was larger than I expected. The pizza is enough to share for two.

The dessert area is probably where some improvement could occur. The selection was somewhat limited; however, who could refuse cookies and chocolate milk (or martini for the adults).

The staff was top notch and so incredibly friendly. Mike and the other wait staff really connected with diners by talking and getting to know everyone. Because of my frequent visits, I was recognized and always made to feel very welcomed.

I found the prices to be pretty reasonable, especially with the portion sizes.

Even if you are not staying at the Vail Cascade Resort, this restaurant is definitely worth the visit.

4  Thank adallasguy1972
Meagan F, General Manager at Atwater on Gore Creek, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

adallasguy1972 -

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your wonderful experience of Atwater on Gore Creek! It gives me great joy to share feedback like yours with our staff!

It sounds like you got to try many of our summer dishes! Our fresh ingredients and attention to detail make all the difference in the world.

Thank you for making Atwater your "home away from home" during your stay at the Vail Cascade Resort!

We greatly look forward to welcoming you back soon!

All the best,

Meagan Francisco

There are newer reviews for Atwater on Gore Creek

Reviewed August 19, 2013

My dad and I ate here back in march. He ordered the smoked pheasant soup and it was the best smoked pheasant soup I had ever had (no sarcasm, best soup of my life). I had the caesar salad, also arguably the best I have ever had. But let me tell you about the steak and that red wine reduction. Ive had many a steak before, and at the best restaurants in new york, london, paris, etc. but this steak was king. If you go to vail and love food you must go here, it is heaven on this earth, its just a pleasure being able to eat there.

5  Thank Mmmsteak
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The food was excellent, and the service even better. Anne S. in particular, was extremely friendly, professional, and attentive. Laura does a tremendous job of managing these events, some of the best in Colorado.

2  Thank gloria J
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is a superb choice and convenient for guests of the Vail Cascade resort. Usually, it isn't easy to find a restaurant that matches the quality of an excellent resort on premises. The servers and manager, Meghan, take the service and level of excellence seriously and want your experience to be remembered positively. We chose to eat there every morning, request Nikki as your server if you can. My seven year old had a birthday one evening and all the staff on the shift--Lauren, Ellie, and especially Stephanie went out of their way to make it very special and memorable. These are very fine people and are helpful with information if you have questions to ask casually. The food is great, the buffet is easy for the kids in the mornings and try to eat early at dinner and sit at the creek side outdoor terrace overlooking the Gore River--they play great mellow music and the view is unbelievable to the pool, river, and background cliffs. The price is more reasonable than expected and the staff will even go out of their way to let you know about promotions and ask if there is anything else they can help you with--sincerely. Thanks again everyone!

Meagan F, General Manager at Atwater on Gore Creek, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

CA K -

Thank YOU so very much for your kind words regarding your stay at the Vail Cascade Resort and you experience in Atwater on Gore Creek!

I take great pride in sharing reviews like yours with our staff - they truly offer service from the heart and I am pleased to hear your started off your day energized by our wonderful breakfast offerings and that your daughter felt honored on her special day.

We greatly look forward to having you dine with us again, it was truly our pleasure to share the experience with you.

Kind Regards,

Meagan Francisco

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We ate here on an early (5:30) Saturday evening and did not need reservations. They do not provide bread most likely because they have a specialty of focaccia (can’t remember the price since we didn’t get it). The trout was good – fresh. The filet was a bit overcooked (asked for medium) but was still good. The fries were very good. They had cherry pie for dessert and we should have asked for that – when we saw someone else get it, it was a decent size. Instead, we ordered the devil’s food “cake”..what we got was about ½ the size of a cupcake with a small scoop (maybe 3 Tbsp) of ice cream. It was definitely NOT something you could share as you could eat it all in a few bites. But other than that, a nice place to eat.