“First impression of Atwater”

Atwater on Gore Creek
Ranked #45 of 127 Restaurants in Vail
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Frontage Road
Transit: Free transportation available through Vail Cascade shuttle service. Shuttle stops in Lionshead and Vail Village.
Description: Take your taste buds on a sensory experience as you savor creative Colorado cuisine paired with an eclectic list of craft beers at Atwater on Gore Creek, Vail Cascade's signature creek-side restaurant. Unique, innovative and inspired by culinary camaraderie, dishes come to life when perfectly paired with the creativity, passion and complexity of ingredients. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Gluten-free and vegetarian menus available.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Food was very good. Their pizza was very good, but what made the time and experience special was the attention we received from Jonathan Zimmerman. He was not only helpful, but had an engaging personality, and was fun to visit with. He shared his experiences and we shared ours. By the end of the evening, we felt a true bond with him. Yet, at the same time he remained highly professional with his suggested pairings of beers with the main dish. Very knowledgable and fun. to me the dining experience is more than just the food, it is the atmosphere, which is outstanding at the Atwater, but also the people that one engages with. Thanks Jonathan.

1  Thank Mitzi M

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Attentive and flexible staff, delicious fruits, great coffee, awesome for the kids, will definitely go there for breakfast buffet next visit to Cascade.

2  Thank Andrea L
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had dinner reservations for July 4th, figured it wouldnt be too busy that night, well we were late but they were polite and got a table promptly. The server, Chris, recommended that i switch my entree choice from what i ordered to the pork shank and he was def correct. Good call sir! Great food, good atmosphere and a pleasant staff who were more than accomodating for us. Thank you for helping me show my out of town friends a great time...I'll be back!

1  Thank Chris F
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My daughter and I ate dinner and breakfast during our stay at the resort. Both meals were excellent and reasonably priced. The wait staff were both friendly and attentive. We ate on the terrace overlooking the pool, stream and mountains. Very relaxing atmosphere and I highly recommend eating at the Atwater.

3  Thank Barb C
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Being in the service industry you can imagine I eat out a good bit. Tonight was hands down one of the best experiences I've had in the Vail Valley at a restaurant!
Before I start about how wonderful the food tasted, I have to begin by saying how fantastic our service was. I am a firm believer that service can make even the most average food taste better! Our server Tricia was awesome! She was unbelievably friendly, fun and very knowledgeable. It was definitely strongly in part because of Tricia we will be back!!!!!
My dining parter and I chose beers from a VERY extensive VERY awesome beer list. To start with dinner, we ordered the "kale blt" which was a kale salad with onion, avocado, cherry tomatoes, an amazing gorgonzola and a bacon lemon vinaigrette. It was one of the best salads I've ever had. We then ordered the nightly special which was a bone in buffalo ribeye with mashed potatoes and Atwater's version of succotash. Our steaks were cooked perfectly, seasoned perfectly and were incredibly flavorful and delicious. The potatoes were creamy and equally flavorful. The succotash was outstanding!!! Definitely one of my favorite parts of the meal! We asked for bread with our meals which is not included but I have to say, I understand why they charge for it! It was outstanding! We finished dinner and being so stuffed from our great dinner we decided on no dessert. If you're in Vail, you MUST MUST MUST eat at Atwater and you MUST MUST MUST request Tricia. I promise, you will not be disappointed!!

2  Thank lisamp27
Meagan F, General Manager at Atwater on Gore Creek, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

lisamp27-

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Atwater on Gore Creek! Coming from someone in the service industry especially, it is a great honor to share feedback like yours with our staff! Our team takes great pride in delivering superior service and I’m glad you enjoyed every moment!

We look forward to having you dine with us again soon!

Kind Regards,

Meagan Francisco

Been to Atwater on Gore Creek? Share your experiences!