“A beer lover's paradise”

Atwater on Gore Creek
Ranked #40 of 123 Restaurants in Vail
Cuisines: American, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Frontage Road
Transit: Free transportation available through Vail Cascade shuttle service. Shuttle stops in Lionshead and Vail Village.
Description: Take your taste buds on a sensory experience as you savor creative Colorado cuisine paired with an eclectic list of craft beers at Atwater on Gore Creek, Vail Cascade's signature creek-side restaurant. Unique, innovative and inspired by culinary camaraderie, dishes come to life when perfectly paired with the creativity, passion and complexity of ingredients. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Gluten-free and vegetarian menus available.
Holbrook, New York, United States
“A beer lover's paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

I went to Atwater on Gore Creek at my brother's recommendation for their artisan food/craft beer pairing. I can't think of many dining experiences I've had that have been better. Laura took great pains to ensure that we had an unparalleled experience, the food was excellent, the beer was better, and the pairing combinations were beyond fantastic. The wait staff was friendly and fast, and even the chef came out to share some of his home brew and get our opinion.

If you are into craft microbrew beer, then this is an experience you really should enjoy if you're in the area. The meal was 5 small plate dinners, each paired with a different beer, and then 5 different desserts with 5 more beers. Once again, Laura was there to walk us through each beer, the special characteristics, and the reasons behind the pairing, as well as background on where the beers were brewed. My only caution is that it's a lot of food and beer, so don't eat anything the day you plan on enjoying, or you'll curse the fact you don't have a bigger stomach.

• Visited March 2013
TBemis, Executive Chef at Atwater on Gore Creek, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Lenny,

I am glad to hear you liked our beer dinner & pairings. We work hard at our beer program and try to bring a unique experience to guests who chose to dine with us. The beer dinners run through the summer once a month. You can see a complete schedule on our website.

I hope to hear from you on your next trip to Vail.

Sincerely

Todd Bemis

Denver, Colorado, United States
“Vail's Local Secret”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

My wife and I own a large business and were staying at the Ritz for a few nights. I asked the concierge where she thought the best place to eat was. She said that the most well known restaurant in Vail was Sweet Basil but Vail's new local secret was Atwater on Gore Creek. She was right. My wife and I have enjoyed many great restaurants around the world and while Atwater on Gore Creek was not very busy, it was very good food and the server did everything right. As someone who manages people, these staff were managed very well. They knew where to be and when to assist customers without getting in the way. I saw a chef and a tall gentleman in a blue shirt running food and talking to tables. It seemed to add a level of personalization to the dining experience. The table next to us received a personalized birthday dessert, maybe they were regulars? They lady seemed very excited. It was a pleasant atmosphere. My wife particularly enjoyed the fireplace in the center of the restaurant.

Edmond, OK
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A+ breakfast & A+++ dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Short version = great food, outstanding staff and upscale but comfortable decor.

Longer version =
During recent 4 night stay in Vail at the Cascades Resort, we had the breakfast buffet 3 mornings. Good variety of freshly prepared foods including made-to-order omelets, again with fresh ingredients.

Had dinner one night (our last night) and wished we had eaten there more often. I had a buffalo shank dinner that was both unique and extremely tasty. I think it was a special that night and it was memorable. Others in our party of 7 had items in the comfort food category (pizza & gourmet burgers which were great) all the way up to filet mignon. Everything was well prepared and very, very tasty!

It was nice to have a wide selection of foods all of which was prepared and presented well.

Two other things about our dinner
1) the staff was incredible. very friendly, knowledgeable about their menu, the wine choices and the beer pairings (more on that in a minute). They had the right mix of presence at the table when needed along with the right amount of letting our table enjoy each other without noticing the service.
2) beer pairings - from what we could tell, Atwater has taken the idea of craft beer very seriously. There was even a full time person on staff whose sole purpose was to be a resource to answer questions about craft beers, explain the variety of beers and be the beer version of a wine sommelier.

Our group consisted of my wife & I (50ish) and 5 young adult children & friends (all in their twenties). The Atwater isn't a late night hot-spot for the 20's crowd having dinner there was a GREAT choice for us due to the variety of food that catered to a wide variety of tastes.

Can't wait for our next trip to Vail.

Oklahoma
“Fantastic Lunch and Great Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

This was my first experience with the Atwater Restaurant. What a fantastic lunch and atmosphere that I experienced. The service was exceptional. You must ask for Nikki Montalbano to be your server when you're being seated. A more pleasant and professional lady, you'll never find. She was happy to help with menu questions and suggestions. Ms. Montalbano was prompt with the needs of the patrons.
I must also recommend the Pheasant Soup on the menu. I have never had this anywhere before. However, I doubt that I would be able to find another soup as good as what I had. A fantastic recipe, that will leave you wanting to come back. I also recommend the Sweet Potato Fries and dipping sauce along with the Wings and the dipping sauces that accompany the wings. Great appetizers that will almost help you forget the main course.
The Skuna Bay Grilled Salmon Sandwich is a wonderfully prepared main course that you won't be able to finish. However, box it up and finish it later.
The atmosphere of the Atwater Restaurant is very relaxing with a splendid view of the mountainside. A wonderful experience that I will defintely be back for again.

2 Thank DocHollidayOklahoma
Austin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We only ate there for breakfast and I can say the breakfast buffet was exceptional. Great variety, hot food, excellent service and well priced. And the view near the windows is nice in winter or summer. We stayed at hotel and would come here for the breakfast buffet even if we stayed in another location.

Visited March 2013