“Great dinner at Atwater”

Atwater on Gore Creek
Ranked #42 of 124 Restaurants in Vail
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Frontage Road
Transit: Free transportation available through Vail Cascade shuttle service. Shuttle stops in Lionshead and Vail Village.
Description: Take your taste buds on a sensory experience as you savor creative Colorado cuisine paired with an eclectic list of craft beers at Atwater on Gore Creek, Vail Cascade's signature creek-side restaurant. Unique, innovative and inspired by culinary camaraderie, dishes come to life when perfectly paired with the creativity, passion and complexity of ingredients. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Gluten-free and vegetarian menus available.
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Recently skiing in Vail, we were looking for a restaurant that we had not been to before. We settled on Atwater at Vail Cascade and were extremely satisfied with our choice. The wide variety of selection meant that everyone in our family was able to order something that they truly liked, even the children. Personally, I loved the smoked buffalo sausage. As enjoyable as the food was the service staff. They were very pleasant and went the extra mile to make sure that we had a very enjoyable dinner experience. We will stop at Atwater at least once during every trip we make to Vail.

There are newer reviews for Atwater on Gore Creek

Reviewed January 7, 2013

While visiting the area for New Year's, we chose Atwater for our New Year's even dinner. Reservation was handled fine, bar area prior to dinner was very pleasant next to the fire. After reserving a table in advance, we were unhappy that we were to be seated in a booth next to the entry door in an area very undesirable area for a special evenings dinner. Hostess was able to relocate though, in time. Server, Bennett, was super! He took good care of us and was very personable!! Sadly, food was average, at best. We dined at many restaurants while in Vail and this was the least memorable. I have had a better steak at Texas Roadhouse, asparagus was overcooked and limp. Overall, the restaurant looks as if it needs a revamp in decor and menu. Not to say we would never go again, but never for a special occasion.

TBemis, Executive Chef at Atwater on Gore Creek, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear gsikeeper,

I appreciate your review. As the Executive Chef, I strive to stay on top of the food quality and presentation. I apologize for the lack of attention to the food you recieved during your stay. I will share your comments with the staff and refocus our efforts to ensure that all the products leaving the kitchen are top notch. On the other hand, I am pleased and will pass on your comments regarding service. If you are ever back in the area, please do not hesitate to contact me. I would like to show you that we can "get it right".

Sincerely

Todd Bemis
Executive Chef

Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Went to dinner. Waiter was awesome. Things that should have been awesome like a 6 oz filet wasn't seasoned. Wine list depleted. Kind of like a lot of vail's bistros. Overpriced and a little disappointing. If you're staying in the hotel it is fine. Don't go out of your way though.

1  Thank Holob1
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My mother, husband, and myself visited the Atwater yesterday--and we were all stunned by the quality of the experience. We were in a rush because we just got off the ski slopes, so we were starving, and my mom had a spa appointment in 45 minutes. We told the waiter, Ivan, about our situation, and he responded perfectly. He gave us great service, taking our orders and bringing our food speedily and crisply. My husband asked him to pick a beer that would match his meal (the short ribs), and Ivan picked a beer that complimented the food exactly.

I just had a salad, and wasn't expecting too much from that. However, my salad was perfectly dressed, and was topped by a divine poached egg. I was surprised by the quality of the egg, as most restaurants screw up on poached eggs, or just refuse to serve them entirely. We were all very pleased by the food, especially considering that it was brought out so quickly (which, at some restaurants, would mean that the quality would suffer).

I was also entranced by the ambience, which was romantic but not too dark. It was the kind of experience I would expect in a Vail resort--great service, great food, but not fussy. I would definitely return.

1  Thank karacherith
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Anniversary dinner, was looking to nice night and meal close to home, however restaurant was load, service was poor, and I would expect more for the money I spent, would not recommend

1  Thank stevemsego