All reviews holiday inn remodeled hotel westside cafe double tree loft suite attached restaurant on demand rooms were very clean front desk personnel valet parking free shuttle hot tub lobby bar nice property every staff member resort fee cookies
Reviewed September 13, 2018

We were traveling through Vail and needed a room because it was getting late. This was a great find, the place is clean and comfortable. It is a great location and the staff was awesome! The hot tub was just what we needed after a long day on the road.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
MichaelN5636, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Vail, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Julien,

We appreciate your time in filling out the TripAdvisor review, and we are pleased that you found our hotel very comfortable. Our location right off I-70 makes it ideal for the tired traveler... offering food and drink, a relaxing hot tub, a quick work out, and most importantly, a wonderful bed to get some rest! Please come back and see us when you are passing through next.

Reviewed September 5, 2018

Great staff! Beautiful location and wonderful facility. Close to Vail Village for shopping and restaurants. Shuttle was available for drop off and pickup at several locations- nice amenity. The pool area is gorgeous, with a wonderful view.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Pruittcolleen,

Thank you so much for finding the time to leave us a review! Although not in Vail Village, our shuttle service makes you feel that you are just a step away from the slopes. We are glad that you made the most out of your wedding weekend, and look forward to having you back!

Reviewed September 4, 2018

I recently looked at the prices of suites here and by far they are exorbitantly priced in comparison to when this was a Holiday Inn.
I am basing my review on one of my previous stays when this property was the Holiday Inn APEX Vail.
Was greeted and welcomed as an IHG Elite Platinum Member and my room key was ready immediately after I checked in. Loved the lobby, it was really cosy and there was (as had been in the past) the large fireplace with comfortable couches around. There was also a free coffee machine which offered complimentary hot beverages. Delicious cookies were available in the evenings.
There was a complimentary shuttle like before which continued to serve Vail. I gladly availed of this.
Regarding the rooms, the suites, they were fabulous. I enjoyed the mini fireplace and also the loft-style layout was really cool. Kitchen was well equipped with utensils, appliances, stove etc. Was able to cook myself healthy & hearty meals! Was delighted to have complimentary wi-fi as it helped me keep on top of my work.
I also enjoyed the balcony, even in winter...was able to enjoy the Mountain Scenery!
Lastly I was not disappointed with the steamroom and the hot tub! Really warranted this after a full day of snowmobiling!

Room Tip: Maybe it is not worth staying here as this hotel is no longer run by Holiday Inn.....standards may have changed or slipped...
  • Stayed: January 2018, traveled solo

Dear Steve Y,

We appreciated your feedback of the old Holiday Inn, and am glad you enjoyed the location and amenities. Next time you are in town, please stop by and I would love to show you the remodel. There are many upgrades in all areas of the hotel, and you can see why our rates exceed those of the old Holiday Inn. We STILL have the warm cookies!!!

Reviewed September 1, 2018

The Doubletree in Vail is recently re-done and very nice. The rooms are modern in décor but don’t be fooled by the advertising of “live edge” desk etc. it is clearly fake and looks cheesy. The rest of the room looks great and the bathroom is great. The windows open which is rare for a hotel anymore and allows for fresh mountain air. The lobby/bar feels like a ski lodge and is very comfortable but still feels modern and new. The pool area has a couple of fire pits hot tub is huge and they have plenty of seating. We would come back just for the pool area. The hotel is very near I70 so it’s convenient but surprisingly there is very little sound from the highway even when in the pool area. The gym equipment is good but was too small. It would have been fine but there were 7 people trying to work out in the morning and there was not enough space.
This hotel is in West Vail but they run a shuttle on demand to both Lionshead and Vail Village, which made getting around very easy. The staff was great and the hotel was comfortable and nice.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Jtndenver,

Thank you very much for filling out a review for our hotel! I agree completely that our lobby area and pool area are absolutely stunning. I cannot wait for the winter time, where guests are enjoying a warm hot chocolate and a freshly baked DoubleTree cookie by the fire pits. As the most common comments we get, we have an amazing staff here at the hotel, that is ready to take care of our guests!

Reviewed August 30, 2018

DoubleTree by Hilton Vail is conveniently located in West Vail less than 1/4 mile off Highway 70 and few minute walk off the Vail base walking trail. The hotel offers complementary valet or limited self parking. In Colorado tourist ski areas, this is a very nice amenity. The front desk personnel are all exceptional. Toni at the front desk is so nice and helpful. There priority is your stay no matter what you need. The front desk Service will make you want to come back to this hotel alone. The hotel has beautiful and newly remodeled rooms and lobby. The lobby is beautiful with fireplaces, shuffleboard, a nice bar and great restaurant very popular with the Vail locals. I really enjoyed breakfast here especially through the Hilton Honors program. The hotel has a modern fitness facility, very maintained and clean swimming pool, large hot tub for Vail winters and cool nights, on-site bike rentals, etc. Overall, the team at this hotel were all extra kind and helpful to ensure you had everything you needed to make your stay enjoyable, relaxing and memorable. I will be looking soon to return to Vail and no doubt will want to stay again at this DoubleTree. A very special thank you to Toni for making my stay extra special and enjoyable.

Room Tip: Top floor (4th) has balconies with beautiful mountain views.
Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family

Dear chrisnarcisco,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to fill out a survey for the DoubleTree by Hilton - Vail! Toni has received praised for her efforts in making sure that your party was well taken care of. We have a wonderful staff from as soon as you arrive with your car, to the folks who clean the rooms daily, to the bartenders at night. We cannot wait to have you come back up for the winter season! THINK SNOW!