“One of the most manicured US mountains out there.”

Vail Mountain Resort
and up
Vail Epic Discovery Pass
Ranked #1 of 74 things to do in Vail
More attraction details
Owner description: Offering more than 5,289 acres of downhill and cross-country trails, Vail is considered one of the best all-around ski mountains in the world.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“One of the most manicured US mountains out there.”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Runs are marked very well and open runs are easy to find. The large red flags on groomed runs makes getting around so easy. Great lifts and operators and excellent staff. We loved this place and in the US its really our only place to go.

The two hits I would give the mountain are the following:

1. Way to many traverses for snowboarders, though they are possible just too much moving around.
2. On mountain food is very sub par compared to the price. In Europe you can eat for the same amount and have amazing service and food.

This is the mountain I would head to if you have kids, great set up for the little ones.

Visited January 2014

Morristown, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Don't Miss it!”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Blue Sky Basin is an adventure that involves traversing the front side of Vail Mountains, skiing down China Bowl and down to the lifts for Blue Sky. Don't miss Belle's cabin - where you can find coffee and refreshments.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best in the world”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

This was my first visit to Vail. I went to learn to ski, and I have achieved that goal. after day three I am a level 6!
I signed up for an adult three day introductory group package which offered a three day lift ticket, rentals, and all day group lessons for three days and it was worth the price in gold.
I met Doug days one and two. I could not imagine a better ski instructor. We ALL loved him and commented many times how he was able to take us from not knowing how to put skis on to going down the green runs in 2 days. I adored the individual attention he gave all of us in the group. Some of us were not able to make it down the hill after day one, yet others were able to go down full force. He accommodated all of us. At some point another person named Colby (or Kolby, I am not sure about spelling) who was reputedly a super important ski instructor joined us and sort of took over the group.
I do not know why, as we were all having a blast and enjoyed every minute of our time with Doug, however his input was really great as well. What a treat to be cared for by everyone who worked on the hill.
Day three we had Larry who was a great teacher as well. His method was really precise and totally void of question. I liked him for the day three experience as well.
The only thing I would have changed is that on day three we were vetted in a most intimidating and strange way ....from other staff members we had not previously met... to hear that staff talking about us individually was really just weird and most uncomfortable. Yes, clearly we wanted to be safe and have an awesome experience, which we sure did have, but it was just rude and sort of ugly.
I am so happy that Doug, Colby (or Kolby), and Larry made it stunningly fun and memorable.
In all, I would give this experience a 5 star rating.
PS, even the folks working the ski lifts were kind and friendly, especially Tate from Appleton who helped us every time we shot up the Gopher hill. Thanks all!
PPS The food is amazingly expensive at the top of the hill, laughable, actually, example.. 2 burritos, 2 gatorade and 1 cookie was $49.00, bring enough money!

North Andover, Massachusetts
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Vail Mountain”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I have been going to Vail for a number of years, I have also been to a number of other Ski Resorts in the US and Europe. Hands down this is the number one favorite for my family and friends. The mountain conditions are generally the most reliable of powder skiing. The staff at Vail have always been friendly and accommodating. Accommodations are available at many price points to serve most visitors. There is no question in my mind that Vail is one of the more expensive ski destinations but it is also one of the most rewarding ski vacations you can have. It offers a massive variety of terrain to fit every skiers skill level. The town has a multitude of restaurants to choose from to accommodate most budgets. My daughters family used the day care facilities in Golden Peak and was very happy with them.

Guatemala City, Guatemala
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lot of fun!”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I found a lot of ski tracks for me and my family. Staff was very friendly. It's better when you buy your lift tickts within a package with your hotel and flight (or bus ride).

Visited December 2013