“It might be the earliest review of all, but lots of impressions”
Review of Hotel Talisa, Vail

Hotel Talisa, Vail
Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Well, we just arrived this morning.:) The beginning was very promising: the room was read yearly, the hotel looked very cozy and welcoming as week as the staff. You feel like you are really taken care of until... You get to your room. The view from or view was straight on the stairs that lead from the shuttle stop to the ski storage, which as you can imagine, might make your stay pretty disturbed. So I called the front desk (and I was sure that I booked the room with the mountain view via a travel agency, which proved wrong, but...) and a lady invited us to change the rooms. So we went down with all the bags and it appeared that we needed to pay extra for an upgrade... Pretty annoying, given that we were tired and wanted to get to some quiet place ASAP. I agreed on the upgrade and our was not ready. It wasn't ready in an hour, then two. Then they told us that we would receive a call as soon as the room is ready. So we spend a few hours wondering around (but she also gave us a spa access, which was nice even that we didn't use it) and finally, after four hours we came to the front desk and just got the keys... No call, nothing. When we came to the room, there was no water (like I previous room) and the view was partial mountain, but I don't really care anymore. I'm tired of asking questions:) I have to admit that the staff is still very friendly and the hotel environmental policy is pretty amazing and I would come to this hotel even for that! Will see if I update my review.:)

Room Tip: Check twice what you are getting.
Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,184)

Reviewed December 22, 2013

My daughter in law and myself spent 2 nights at this resort the end of October for our annual spa weekend. The rooms and resort were amazing. We had 2 big comfy beds in the end wing facing the creek. It was very quiet and the view was beautiful. We were close to the more private hot tub, which we enjoyed. No one was in it except for us. The outdoor pool and main hot tub were heated and felt good on the cold wintery evenings.
Even though we purchased the deal from Travel Zoo at a discount, we were not treated any different than had we paid full price. The service was excellent. Every time we entered or exited the resort there was a doorman there to help us.
The free bus to Vail Village was also very handy. It was never a very long wait to get a ride and the driver was a delight. It was the off season so he would drop us off close to our destination if we wanted him to.
We did spend time in the lobby bar and ate Duck Dumplings which were very good. One thing to keep in mind is that they add a 20% gratuity to everything you purchase, whether in the bar or in the restaurant.
We tried the breakfast buffet both mornings and it had a good selection and was very tasty. It is a bit pricy, but no more so than buying everything ala carte.
We both had massages in the Aria Spa, which were enjoyable, but I have had better. They were a bit pricy, also.
We hope to return again someday .

Room Tip: If you like it quiet with a view, choose an end wing facing the creek.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 20, 2013

My family and I love to stay at this hotel. The views are some of the best. Tho hot tub and pool are always clean and our kids could play in there all day. The staff is very friendly and helped me to find a room that met our families needs. The front desk staff addressed me by name and always asked if there was something that they could help me with. The shuttle drivers are great. They have a great time on the shuttle, play special music for the kids, and gave us some great suggestions for dinner.

Room Tip: Become a Destination Hotel member to get free upgrades when checking in.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Todd H
Reviewed December 19, 2013

One of the nicest experiences I've had in Vail. Hotel was very nice but slightly dated. However the service was awesome. They have their own private lift on to the mountain and ski valet. Great Lobby with a bar and fireplace. Very nice to hang out in after skiing or dinner.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank JeffN007
Reviewed December 18, 2013

The service, views, accommodations was what was expected for Vail. I would rebook in the future. I housed some of my wedding party here as well. They were more than pleased for their 3 night stay and will put on their list when they spend the money for accommodations .

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank carlottal615
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We spent two nights at the Vail Cascade resort in December. All the staff went above and beyond to make our anniversary very special and memorable for us. The food and service at the hotel restaurant were superb, especially our waitress Anne, who made our anniversary dinner one we will always remember. The hotel itself is very nice, with lots of amenities for guests to enjoy, unfortunately we were not brave enough to take advantage of the beautiful heated pool and Jacuzzi(s) due to the cold. We do not have children, but we saw there was a ton of activities for children which is great for families. As far as our room, it was spacious, and the bed was very comfortable, we appreciated the option of receiving a $5.00 credit in exchange for opting out of maid service. The best part of our stay hands down, was the incredible view from our balcony, of the creek and snow capped mountains. Cant say enough good things about our stay, we hope to return someday.

Room Tip: Try to get a mountainside room with a view and balcony. Also have condos.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
John G, General Manager at Hotel Talisa, Vail, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear Kate, First let me take a moment to say congratulations on your anniversary! We are truly honored that you selected Vail Cascade as your destination to celebrate. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on your experience and from what it sounds like, you had a memorable time, which is great to hear. If you decide to return to Vail, please let me know if there’s anything I can do to make your next visit even more memorable.
John Garth
Managing Director

Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

We have been to Vail 8 times in the last 5 years, and this was our first stay at Cascade. It will be our last. The disappointment started with check in. We travel a lot and absolute despise resorts that nickel and dime you with hidden charges once they have you on property. We booked directly with the resort and prepaid our stay only to be informed at check in that they would be adding a mandatory $27 "resort fee" to our bill. It appeared that the desk staff must frequently deal with complaints about this "fee," because the second I questioned it, they launched into a droning pre-planned speech about all the amenities the fee "allows" us to enjoy. It is sad when employees have to take positions that they seem to view as distasteful. Things did not improve once we were in the room. The room was basic, reminiscent of a Holiday Inn at several times the price. The pipes in our room groaned and gurgled when the people in the next room took a shower, and the ductwork clattered loudly each time the heat turned on/off during the night, waking me. There are plenty of other places to stay in Vail at similar price points. Next time, we'll be staying at one of them.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Mustang97

Dear Mustang97,
We always appreciate hearing feedback from our guests, whether good or bad. From what it sounds like, your overall experience did not meet your expectations and we appreciate you providing us with feedback. The additional fee you’re referring to is our resort fee, which is communicated throughout the reservation process, as well as on our Website and in our reservation confirmation and pre-arrival communications. We want to make sure the resort fee is clearly visible in an effort to ensure guests understand the value of what the fee includes. Resort fees are very common in Vail and we do our best to offer competitive prices in this market, especially for all the amenities available at Vail Cascade.

Taking good care of our guests is our top priority and I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly to address and rectify the concerns you mentioned. Your feedback will help to ensure that future visits to Vail Cascade are nothing short of excellent for you and for other future guests.

John Garth