“Great get-away!”

Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Denver, CO
“Great get-away!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

A beautiful location right along the creek, with a wonderful path that takes you into the village. Very nice pool and multiple spa's for relaxing. Enjoyed my visit there very much, and I am looking forward to a return visit in just a few weeks!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Russ C, General Manager at Hotel Talisa, Vail, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear LetsGoSea,
Glad to hear you enjoyed your getaway from Denver! We’re looking forward to welcoming you back in just a few weeks – and guess what? Your timing is perfect. The leaves are beginning to turn and the peak of fall is upon us. See you soon!
Vail Cascade Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
Iowa
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The house is setup perfect for couples and/or families! There were four private rooms all with bathrooms! The master suite is beautiful and has everything you could imagine. The next two rooms are below the master suite. The one bedroom has a queen bed with walk-in shower. The other room next to that room has bunk beds plus a full bathroom. Then there is the main floor with living, dining, bar, kitchen, laundry, and two decks, etc. Then you go down some more stairs and there is a bedroom with a king and full bathroom and jetted tubs. We will definitely be back as a group or bring our families!

The hot tub was another nice feature and grill! We utilized both quite often. There is a two car garage as well.

The resort spa (Aria) had so many things to do to change up your workout. We definitely got pretty good use out of that including a little 3 on 3 basketball :)

We did not use the pool or hot tub at the hotel but it was very, very nice. We would have if we had more time! The staff was wonderful... there was a shuttle that would pick us up from our house and bring us to the hotel. And there was another shuttle that would take us to Lionshead Village and Vail Village. We went over Labor Day and there was so much going on in Vail Village -- great time of year to go!

We rented bikes from the hotels ($25/person for 4 hours!) --- we took the bike trail that runs right along Gore Creek -- we were so happy we did this.

You CAN'T go wrong with Vail Cascade or the Evergreen home. We can't wait to go back :)

Room Tip: Evergreen home is beautiful and perfect!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Hannah,
We agree – our location, amenities, and of course the variety of accommodation options we offer can’t be beat! Thank you for sharing a detailed review of your experience at Vail Cascade. As Vail’s largest athletic training center, Aria is really a unique place to experience and we’re glad to hear you took advantage of it. If you travels bring you back to Colorado, we would love to have you again. Please feel free to contact me if there’s anything I can do to make your next visit even more wonderful.
Denver
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We bought our stay at a discount through Travelzoo, and we were pleasantly surprised with how nice the accommodations were. The check-in employee was nice and helpful, the concierge was knowledgeable about fishing in the area (and right out the backdoor!) and our room was large and clean, with views. The spa robes that were provided gave the stay a luxurious feel and the convenient, nonstop, free shuttle gave us access to the surrounding areas. All in all a great stay, we have already recommended the Resort to others!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Penny,
Endorsements such as yours mean the world to us! Thank you for sharing your experience. We’re glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of our unique location. Did you know Gore Creek is only one of 10 Gold Medal fishing streams in Colorado? Pretty awesome, especially considering it’s a stone’s throw from the resort. Thanks again for your review – hope to see you again soon.
Belfast
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Really lovely hotel, with great facilities. What really made it for me was the service- they were not only professional and helpful, but took a real interest in what you were doing. When they discovered we liked tree run, two of the staff would send us to new places every day based on the weather.

We had to wait for ten minutes for our room to be ready when we arrived- because of this they gave us free drinks at the bar and a room upgrade- What a fabulous place!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear kjskathryn,
Thank you for your 5-star review! We’re thrilled to hear that our service exceeded your expectations! We take service seriously – it’s in our nature. With the changing of seasons, we’re anxiously awaiting winter. We hope to have you as our guest in the near future!
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I just returned from my trip to Vail and I needed to write this review. The service was amazing. I was traveling with my 4 y.o. From the moment we arrived, Sharon (the concierge) greeted us and made us feel right at home. It's a large property yet had the feel of a boutique hotel -- mainly because of the personable staff. My daughter looked forward to seeing the staff everyday. And they made her feel so special. The room was nice. Bed was comfortable. Our room overlooked the pool/river and we enjoyed sitting on our balcony listening to the sound of the water. Location was great. It was a nice walk to town but they also provided a free shuttle. Sadly we got lost one day during a hike. I called the concierge and they got me connected to the Vail Mountain Rescue Team. Luckily they found us but what was unexpected was Russ and Dave (the managers) were waiting for us at the entrance of the trail to make sure we were safe. They brought snacks and water. Russ drove us back to the hotel which was a nice gesture since I was tired. When I got back to the room, there was a handwritten note from Russ apologizing for the stressful day, and 2 bathrobes laid out for us to use. He also provided a very nice dinner for my daughter and I and the rest of the rescue team. Absolutely generous! This was a fantastic experience and they really went above and beyond. We will definitely be back. We love Vail and the community. Special thanks to the Vail Mountain Rescue Team (a group of volunteers who respond to backcountry emergencies, the 911 dispatcher Derek who attended to my numerous calls, Sharon and Joe (my daughter's buddies at the concierge), Russ and Dave and the rest of the wonderful staff at the Cascade. We're grateful beyond words. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the river
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear luvshk,
Reading your review provides me with great honor. It sounds like you had quite the experience while visiting Vail and I’m very grateful for the Vail Mountain Rescue Team and the staff members at Vail Cascade that went above and beyond to ensure your safety. There are so many wonderful people in Vail and we’re fortunate to have a staff that truly cares about our guests. I will absolutely pass along your review to our team as it is a testament to our brand and how we deliver upon our brand promise, which is to make a meaningful difference with our guests, our staff, and our community by fulfilling needs with genuine care and consideration.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I truly hope you return to Vail Cascade and experience all that Vail has to offer. It would be an honor if you called me directly and I will ensure your next visit is nothing short of extraordinary.

Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I made reservations directly with Vail Cascade. Check-in went easily, room was nice. Upon check-out, my rate had been changed .... raised $30/night. I had the reservation with me, but the desk clerk said it was wrong. Refused to change it. I asked to speak to the manager, and the clerk glared at me and said, "No."
I was told later by someone else that all I needed to do was to have given the desk clerk $20.00 tip and everything would have been fine.
NEVER TRUST THESE PEOPLE!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JFK1952
Dear JFK1952,
We always appreciate hearing feedback from our guests, whether good or bad. From what it sounds like, your overall experience did not meet your expectations and we appreciate you providing us with feedback on the issues you encountered with your reservation. The additional fee you’re referring to is our resort fee, which is communicated throughout the reservation process, as well as on our Website and in our reservation confirmation and pre-arrival communications. We want to make sure the resort fee is clearly visible in an effort to ensure guests understand the value of what the fee includes. Resort fees are very common in Vail and we do our best to offer competitive prices in this market, especially for all the amenities available at Vail Cascade. As for the insider’s tip you received, we have never heard of this and can assure you that it is not tolerated.

I can promise you that we have addressed your feedback with our team. Your review is invaluable as we strive to continuously improve our processes and service standards as a AAA Four Diamond resort in Vail. We do hope you give us another chance to earn back your loyalty and I personally invite you to call me directly if I can make your next visit more enjoyable.

Denver, CO
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Got to deal to stay here for business in July 2013 and enjoyed every minute. I got a great room on the third floor facing the river and was able to open the window and get the sound of water and a cool evening breeze. Great thing about this mountain property is that you have the option to run a ceiling fan or the AC, which not all places have.

This place is a real resort, they make your room cozy by turning on some lights and tv to welcome you at check in, then they do a turn down with chocolates on the pillow, etc.

The lobby bar and pool bar where also top notch with great service. I had ordered take out in the lobby bar since it was very full and I could not immediately find a seat, but then once I had found a place to sit the bartender brought the takeout to me and also table service so I had the option to hang out a bit.

The pool had a lot of children the Friday night I was there and they show movies poolside on an inflatable screen, which the kids seemed to enjoy and gave parents a little break. Pool and hot tub are nice but the whole area felt a little crowded as each time I moved around to find a place to relax a herd of kids seems to flock to that area, the pool, the hot tub, the fire pit, etc. A parent actually apologized to me as he realized his group of kids seemed to be following me around, which I just thought was funny.

I checked out the spa across the street and a little walk through the hotel and over a enclosed walkway. The spa is a little older but nice and had great service. They had some sales on products so I was able to stock up. The gym is a little older in layout but equipment looked modern. The layout did not have a lot of room for stretching and the outdoor pool looked small.

The hotel has a great policy with quiet hours from 10 pm to 7 am to be observed in the hall ways, so no loud (after bar closes) guests in the hallways.

Also liked that you have the option (at least in the summer) to make a short walk from free self park or you can pay to valet. And the hotel has a shuttle that runs around the major stops in Vail and makes it easy to get around without driving.

There is a nice grab and go café with breakfast items and well stocked with water, snacks, drinks, souvenirs.

Overall, great stay and I look forward to coming here again in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing Gore Creek
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear westendgirlco,
Comprehensive reviews are so valuable for my staff and for future guests. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. From what it sounds like, you took advantage of all the amenities that make Vail Cascade so special. We’re glad that you noticed even the small things that we do to make our guests feel welcome. If you should return to Vail, I would kindly ask that you reach out to me directly and let me know if there’s anything I can do to make your next stay even more memorable.