“Vail end of Season deals”
Review of Hotel Talisa, Vail

Hotel Talisa, Vail
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Vail
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This was our 2nd time at this resort - the 1st time we stayed on the ground floor, corner room. This time we stayed in the same room, one floor up. No real difference, room is spacious and clean. Bathroom area is fantastic - plenty of light and mirrors for my fiance.

Only a couple issues:
-Egg white Breakfast sandwiches at the food shop were nasty - soggy, chewy and plain. Not a good choice for $7.
-Shower has soap scum and pink mildew - for such a high class resort, I find this unacceptable.
-The king size bed is waaaaaay too soft. Same with the pillows. I did not sleep well.

Will I stay there again? Yes - but only when we can score a deal on living social :)

Room Tip: While getting a room far away from the reception/bar/restaurant area is quieter - it's also quit...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Brett S, General Manager at Hotel Talisa, Vail, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear Tyler,
Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor. We appreciate having you as a guest (especially for a second visit) and have passed along your feedback to the appropriate departments. We always value our guest's opinions as we want to make improvements that will help to elevate our guest’s experience in the future.

We are planning more with LivingSocial so keep an eye out – or better yet, sign up for our emails and get the insider’s scope to all the BEST deals (plus some extra perks).
Vail Cascade Resort

Write a ReviewReviews (1,204)

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I've stayed at a number of different hotels and rental properties in Vail over the years, and this is the first where I am positive I will return. The hotel staff was awesome and accommodating in every way, starting with the fact that I had to cancel my reservation the day of arrival due to an emergency. It was clear to me I was probably going to lose out 100%, but they allowed me to reschedule the reservation with no penalty. During our stay, all our needs were met promptly. They threw in some nice extras, like only charging us for one car when we had two (parking is expensive), and not charging for our roll-away bed. The bell hop brought us a corkscrew, wine glasses, and extra robes within 20 minutes of our arrival.

While our room was pretty standard (even a little barren), it was clean and huge. The hotel itself is very nice. The hot tub and pool are in a beautiful natural setting on the river. The fireside bar is great for a drink or morning coffee. And the locker room has amenities like a steam sauna and hot tub. You can use the locker room even if you aren't using the spa. The shuttle service is also very efficient. We never had to wait more than a few minutes to get back and forth to the village.

Overall, I can't wait to go back! My only complaint is that the restaurant closed at 9pm on Saturday night, which seemed early to me since the place was very crowded. Not a big deal, though, since the fireside bar has food.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank sarahkay03

Dear sarahkay03,
It is a true honor to read and share your review with my staff at Vail Cascade. We realize that you have many hotels to choose from in Vail and it sounds like you’ve stayed at several of them. To hear that you will return to Vail Cascade is the reason I am proud to be the General Manager. I hope you return soon – the weather is warm, the sun is shining and spring is blossoming into summer. Please let me know how I can make your next visit even more memorable.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Affordable, reasonable, and customer satisfaction all the time. Love the infinity pool, and stays warm even with snowfall. Peaceful place to stay at, cozy rooms, restaurant excellent and good room service to match. Tennis, basketball, and big excercise room. Recommend this place even if it's off-season..

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Samsonite_0

Dear Samsonite_0,
What a great privilege to read your recent review on TripAdvisor. We absolutely love having guests from Denver travel up to Vail for an unforgettable experience. We are glad to hear you found a new altitude and enjoyed your stay. Thanks for the great review! Come see us again and let us be your alpine guide to the very best of Colorado this summer.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

For a vacation or business activity the Vail Cascade cannot be beat! The ski in ski out location right on Vail mountain is superb, the staff extrordinarily nice, the rooms exceptionally comfortable, and the food excellet.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank GlobalBizPro

Dear GlobalBizPro,
First and foremost, I want to thank you personally for selecting Vail Cascade as your destination of choice in March. As the General Manager of Vail’s only ski-in, ski-out AAA Four Diamond resort, I truly appreciate your 5-star review. It is very humbling to be complimented from your perspective and I sincerely appreciate it. Thanks for the two thumbs up!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Purchased a 1 night Living Social deal so we could take advantage of spring skiing and not worry about traffic. Our room was not ready at check-in so we opted to upgrade to a room with a fireplace and sitting area. Great sized room with a view of the ski lift! It is so convenient to have a ski lift just steps from the resort along with ski concierge. Excellent outdoor hot tubs and pool were perfect after a day of skiing the back bowls of Vail. There are very limited dining options in Cascade Village so it was refreshing that dining options at the resort were reasonably priced and tasty. I was impressed with the craft beer selection at Fireside Bar! All in all a great experience. The one negative was the poor water pressure and that it took many minutes for the water to warm up in the shower. Not very eco friendly when the water needs to run that long in order to get lukewarm temperatures.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear infoninja2,
Thank you for your glowing review! We are honored to have had you as our guest. It sounds like you enjoyed our amenities and access to Vail Mountain. Thank you for your feedback concerning the water pressure in your room. This is not typical and therefore we’ve passed on your feedback to engineering in an effort to resolve it.

Thanks again for your business – hope to see you again!

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a weekend.. Beautiful hotel! Breath taking rooms! Spa facilities were incredible! We both took advantage and got a massage.. Beautiful serene waiting area.. Great massage.. We would love to go back!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank katjett

Dear katjett,
As an avid spa-goer myself, I can attest to the serenity of Aria Spa. Did you know that Aria Spa was recently recognized as the #1 spa in Colorado by Condé Nast? Your review is a testament to this accolade. Glad to hear you and your husband enjoyed your visit to Vail and your experience at Vail Cascade. Thank you for your review. We do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Wonderful resort. I went with my kids and two other families! The resort was beautiful and the staff was friendly. We enjoyed skiing, the lift was at the resort and was easy to get to from our room. After a full day of skiing we headed to the pool, hot tub and enjoyed the fire on the patio. The staff made you feel welcomed and attended to our requests. We will be staying here again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear NatalieM904,
Glad to hear you and your family had a nice visit. We hope to see you again soon! Spring is here and the weather is great.