1,293 results
All reviewsgore creekprivate liftinfinity poolski lifthot tubself parkingoff seasonhotel shuttlewalking pathfree shuttleresort feefire pithotel restaurantski resortbeautiful propertygreat roommountain view
Reviewed August 29, 2012

People do business with people they like.

That is a truism you’ve heard it say before : all things being equal, people will buy from those they like most and those most like them. The Cascade is like that!

While my wife is a serious Marathon Runner, I have two total knee replacements and need Handicap Parking, the Cascade parked my car in front of the hotel for me at no cost! That's means a lot to me!!!

This is a 1st class place, we will be back. Everything is taken care of. we had no trouble getting to the village and back with their transportation running till midnite. Awesome :)

Rooms are wonderful, location on Gore Creek perfect, you can't go wrong on this lodging.

*** Now let me tell you about Atwaters Pub in the hotel. What a great place with super wait staff like Rebecca who really goes out of her way to put up with wise guy old men like me! There was another server from Maryland who we also liked, we didn't get her name. Along with the valets out front, all these people are great ambassadors of this great resort hotel.

I don't hesitate for one minute recommnding the Vail Cascade Resort & Spa.

Room Tip: Our room was on the front of hotel and frankly I didn't mind it, I sat outside on the balcony watching all the Friday night action, it was kind fun.
1  Thank MarathonManiac1
Brett S, General Manager at Hotel Talisa, Vail, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Dear MarathonManiac1
What a great review! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Vail Cascade. Reviews such as yours are a testament to why we work so hard to take care of our guests and provide an incredible experience whether visiting for business or pleasure. From what it sounds like, you and your marathon-running wife know when you’re at a top-rated resort and we’re so honored to have exceeded your expectations. Thanks again for your review; we’re thrilled to hear your stay was memorable and do hope that you come back to enjoy the ski season. Please feel free to reach out to me directly and I would be happy to ensure your next stay is even better.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

When we drove up we were impressed with the beautiful setting along the river. The entrance was very attractive. However, when we checked in it seemed all business. The gentleman checking us in did not say hi, how are you?, and when registration was completed did not even tell us to enjoy our stay.... I mentioned this to Sharon the conceirge and she was so nice and made sure all of our questions were answered and recommended a great restaurant for dinner.
We typically stay at the Cordillera Resort and Spa where the staff is so personable and attentive so this was quite extreme from that. In talking to some people at the hot tub, they had the same experience. Maybe the gentleman that checked us in was having a bad day.
Overall, we loved the hotel. The convenience of the shuttle, the great pool and hot tub. I would stay again. I think Sharon was great and addressed our concerns to management. Thanks again Sharon!!

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Nice room. Lovely pool with Mountain view. Scenic walking or bike path to Lionshead and Vail. Probably the best hotel fitness center I have ever been to . There is a restaurnt, pool dining service, and coffee shop. Everything is there at the hotel so youn can just park your car and relax. I gave it a 4 because there were some partiers that kept shouting making it hard to sleep.

Room Tip: You must see the fitness center
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

With so many hotels to choose from in Vail, we are glad you selected to stay with us and thrilled to hear that you’ll return for more relaxation. Time and time again we are recognized for providing a great experience at an exceptional value due to our service, amenities and location. We’re looking forward to your next visit….. the leaves are changing, which means snow is soon to come!

Thanks for your review,

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Ski in/ski out access on Vail Mountain. That's a huge plus.

Acceptably upscale, but won't break the bank. "Value" is extremely subjective at an on mountain Vail resort. The rates vary dramatically with the seasons. Dduring high season, all similar hotels seem breathtakingly expensive. What I perceived and experienced is high rack rate, to signal membership in the high end of Vail hotels, paired with discounting via special promotions that can be used to bring down the actual bottom line cost -- especially outside of the winter/spring high season. Happy with my perception of value, but wouldn't wander in without some comparison shopping.

Note that "Cascade Village" comprises essentially nothing besides this hotel and the bottom of lift #20. You won't find the nightlife or restaurant choices within a short walk that you would find at either Lionshead or Vail Village. The lift only provides winter access. Until next year, only the gondola at Lionshead runs up the mountain during the summer.

There is easy access to the rest of Vail via either the Vail free bus or the hotel shuttle.

The bar and restaurant at this hotel are more than acceptable in price and quality relative to peer restaurants in Vail. Doesn't mean cheap --- this is Vail. But the food was pretty good. Decent microbrew beer can be had for $5 -- not a happy hour special. That's not at all expensive relatively speaking.

The shop inside the hotel (sundries and rental sports gear) seem about 20% more expensive than elsewhere 'on mountain'. Go somewhere else for your t-shirt and gear from what I saw. Lots of competition at Vail Village and Lionshead actually can provide for some good value for shoppers for certain items at certain times of year (end of summer, end of ski season, etc). Not here.

The flip side of being off by itself is a little more peace and quiet. While still in a large hotel a couple blocks from the interstate, you don't have the crush of humanity that you'd get further east on the mountain. The salt water swimming pool is well appointed in a beautiful setting next to Gore Creek. Relatively peaceful for being in a active and populated resort town. Hot tub is even a few steps closer to the creek than the pool. I enjoyed sitting in the pool and tub staring at the mountains above. Not large relative to the size of the hotel and filled up during peak periods. Pool area has piped in soft jazz. Not my thing, but not at an obnoxious volume.

Room was nicely appointed. Not blowout expensive, but certainly nicer than the average condo. Some minor deferred maintenance issues (switch on lamp busted, a light bulb or two dead), but not enough for me to bother to call for repair. Internet was free. I think this is always true. I used the wired connection (ethernet on an extension spool... nice!), to maximize my connection speed. Got good speed. No problem running a lot of data over VPN.

I couldn't stand the bed. It was way too hard for me and I could feel the divot in it from age and use. Others in my party cared less or liked it firm. But this is my review, and I can't give five stars if I don't sleep well.

Staff were friendly and made an attempt to learn our names. All were helpful, although we had no difficult needs to meet.

The Aria spa was under reconstruction. It has a separate outdoor pool, adjacent to the interstate -- not bad, but kind of cuts down on the peaceful mountain vibe. If the spa is your thing, suggest you inquire whether the remodel is done.

Room Tip: First level creekside rooms are next to Gore Creek. Nice! But have little privacy because they are right next to both the pool and the hotel walkway to Gore Creek trail. Second level rooms mountain/creek side have a bit more privacy, but still have the sound of soft jazz from the pool area. If you expect to only hear the sound of bubbling water creekside, you'll likely be disappointed. Third and fourth level rooms on the creek didn't appear to have balconies. The rooms on the side of the hotel away from Gore Creek are less sought after, but may have more privacy. The fountain in the courtyard of the hotel on that side drowned out any sound of the freeway, which was a fear of mine. I didn't notice the freeway, and if I had, I would have hated it. Fourth floor rooms on that side didn't have balconies.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank jcz987

Thank you for taking the time to write a comprehensive review on TripAdvisor. We value feedback from all our guests and appreciate your opinion. As a AAA Four Diamond resort, we strive to provide a great experience and appreciate your thoroughness on every aspect of your experience. We take feedback from our guests seriously and have therefore shared your review with our team. We’re always striving to make improvements in an effort to ensure every guest has a positive experience.

Thanks again,

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Staff were welcoming and helpful. We were upagraded to a mountain view room which, because of the configuration of the ceiling and walls, was a bit dark. BYOB (bring your own bulbs!). Maid service consisted of a lady who barely spoke english coming by a 4:30 pm asking if we needed anything. We told her fresh towels and she handed us a stack. I insisted she make up the bed and that concluded our maid service. We ordered a pot of coffee, one orange juice, and a newspaper from room service which cost us $37. We felt the prices at this facility were high for what we received, even if it was on the outskirts of Vail. AAA rates it at 4 stars, but I would give it 3 stars.