“POSTCARD PERFECT!”

Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Denver, Colorado, United States
“POSTCARD PERFECT!”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Wonderful place for families or couples to enjoy the beautiful mountain/creekside views and fabulous weather. We have stayed in October, May and June. All were excellent. Really love the free shuttle service to the villages for wonderful dining and shopping. FREE covered parking during our stay is a huge plus, too! The bellhop and concierge services are very friendly and knowledgable.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view room. We have never been denied the upgrade! The view are just fabulous!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Brett S, General Manager at Hotel Talisa, Vail, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Tiffany,
It is great to hear that you’re a frequent guest of Vail Cascade. Many Coloradan’s don’t realize how easily accessible Vail Cascade is from Denver. It’s amazing what a quick drive to the mountains can do. And not to mention, a great respite from the hot temps in Denver lately! Thanks again for your review; we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Vail Cascade Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
Illinois
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We stayed here in June of 2012, and had a great experience altogether! The entire hotel is very clean, and the pool and grounds are very well kept. The mountain view rooms are well worth the upgrade price, as we had a great view of the mountains and Gore Creek which runs right behind the resort. The pool and hot tub were very nice, and the restaurant is good for breakfast (we didnt eat any other meals here, so cant speak to lunch and dinner foods!). We really enjoyed the shuttle service to Lionshead and Vail Village, and while we rented a car at the Denver airport for longer day trips, we were able to utilize the shuttle to get to and from the villages quickly and without having to worry about parking, as the shuttle runs every 15 minutes. There is also a trail that runs along Gore Creek all the way to Vail Village if you wish to walk the whole way. It is a very nice walk, about 2 miles round trip to Vail Village, and about 1 mile to Lionshead.

The concierge service was GREAT, as we were able to get driving directions through the mountains and more scenic routes that we didnt know about before coming to the resort. Joe and Steve are the two primary concierges, and both were extremely helpful!

We had a refrigerator in our room that we kept milk, yogurt and fruit that we bought in West Vail (about 3 miles away on the frontage road that runs right in front of the resort) so that covered us for breakfasts and snacks, as restaurants tend to be pricey in Lionshead and Vail. We stayed during the time that Vail is just starting to get touristy again (early-mid June) so many restaurants had specials (Billy's in Vail was 50% off every entree!). We took advantage of several of these during our time here.

Be warned, there is a $25 per day 'resort fee' that covers parking, shuttle rides, pool use, etc. This is a common practice in this area, as with most resorts as I understand it. Not a problem, just remember this when booking, as it will increase the price of your trip per day.

We enjoyed everything about our stay here and would definitely come back!

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view room, on an upper floor away from the elevators....the hotel is very quiet i...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KCLJ520
Dear KCLJ520,
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to Vail Cascade and experienced many of the things that make Vail Cascade unique. Thorough reviews such as yours are very valuable to our team and we appreciate comprehensive feedback. It sounds like you had a very enjoyable time while visiting, which is music to our ears! If you decide to return to Vail, please let me know if there’s anything I can do to make your next visit even more memorable.

Lakewood, New Jersey
Reviewed June 19, 2012

The Cascade is an incredible destination. Their warm hospitality is unsurpassed. From my first interaction with the resort until my last, everything was just a pleasure. It started with the confirmation. I was so impressed with how the phone call went that I wrote an entire review just about that experience. The agent, Ilka, who took my call was by far the warmest person I have ever spoke to in the hospitality industry. She really made me feel welcomed and wanted by the Cascade. Welcomed and wanted; that was to be the underlying common denominator throughout our stay. We arrived Sunday afternoon, my two kid brothers and I. A greeter was at our car window with a smile. “Checking in?” he asked. When I answered in the affirmative he opened my car door for me with a flourish. “Welcome to the Cascade!” he said. He offered and then helped unload our car. After that he walked us all the way to the front desk to check in. I already felt like a million bucks. The fellow at the desk, Kirk, was as warm and welcoming as Ilka. This establishment sure knows how to hire great employees. He checked my reservation and informed me with pleasure that my requested microwave was already in my room. I then asked Kirk if there was a room available that can fit a rollaway as I was told by Ilka during the confirmation that my reserved room didn’t fit one. He looked at me with a smile and said, “We already have given you our deluxe mountain room. There is plenty of room for an extra bed, it’s on its way as we speak.” We were than led up to our room by a friendly bellboy who was waiting with us throughout check in. He helped us settle in with a smile. The room was stunning. It was very large and roomy. The two queens were as comfy as you can ask for. The décor was beautiful and inviting. We had a porch overlooking the most beautiful creek and the impressive vail mountain towering right behind it. There is nothing more relaxing than the sound of a rolling creek right outside you window. The room had all the expected amenities and then some. The clock/radio/cd/mp3/relaxing sound player was a great addition. The delicious Astor chocolates that were left each day on our pillows were a special treat. The fridge actually kept all our food and drinks ice cold. Not a given in many hotels. The only thing negative about the room I can think of was maybe the lighting. It was kind of dim even with all the lights on. As we weren’t reading so much it wasn’t such a big deal, but I imagine that can bother some guests. Everything was neat and clean. The resort is really beautiful. They have this wonderful library, across from the front desk, lined with hundreds of books. There are couches, easy chairs, and a homey fireplace. There is also a great view of the mountain out the window. The fireside lounge is also great with couches alongside a beautiful fireplace. The ski out option was amazing. We just walked out the door, picked up our pre-ordered tickets at the ticket window and got right on the lift. When we came back with the shuttle we went straight to the friendly fellows at the ski concierge who held our skis and boots overnight. The spa was wonderful. It’s the perfect place to wind-down after a day of skiing. With a great hot tub and sauna in the locker room I was able to rejuvenate after a long day on the slopes. The heated pool is beautiful. They also have these roaring fires next to the pool with wooden rocking chairs in facing the fires. It was absolutely heartwarming relaxing at the fire late at night while my brothers swam.
Every single employee I encountered throughout our stay was warm and welcoming. Even the housekeeping fellow who came to give us extra towels was especially hospitable. He just made us feel that anything we need, he is there for us. The shuttle was great and convenient. The drivers were all pleasant and helpful. The driver at night (I unfortunately forgot his name, just that he hails from Mexico) was incredibly nice and made some great conversation with us. He even noticed my brothers and I walking late at night a block and a half from the pick-up spot. He stopped to pick us up and saved us the walk and 20 minutes of waiting for the next shuttle. It felt good to be recognized and remembered. Each time we passed any employee they would smile and inquire after us. I was very very impressed with this destination and I certainly intend to return. I strongly recommend the Cascade to anyone visiting Vail.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank yehudag
Dear yehudag,
Wow, what a great comprehensive review! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Vail Cascade. Reviews such as yours are a testament to why we work so hard to take care of our guests and provide an incredible experience. From our reservation’s team to our concierge, housekeeping and front office managers, we take great pride in hiring the best. We’re glad to hear you enjoyed your room overlooking Gore Creek, our spacious library and restaurants, but most importantly – our easy access to Vail Mountain. With our chairlift, there really isn’t a faster and more convenient way to ski. Thanks again for your review; we’re thrilled to hear your stay was memorable. Looking forward to having you return soon.

Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

I only stayed one night here at the end of my vacation. Altitude sickness was getting to both me and my boyfriend. However, we enjoyed the room and took a leisurely walk on the trails around the resort. We sat in front of the fire by the pool and watched the sun set behind the mountain. The view from our room would have been much nicer had there not been a bunch of huge white tents in the courtyard, but there was a large conference going on.

Everything was luxurious and comfortable. I enjoyed the hot tub and pool (once all the kids got out of it) and thought the fire feature by the hot tub was a nice touch.

I was also pleased to see the quality of the toiletries. I don't use anything with sulfates or parabins either, so it was good to see a hotel finally catering to someone with sensitive skin.

The staff was also extremely friendly patient and made what would have been an embarrassing issue with a credit card a minor hiccup in the checking in process.

I have a much lower income than the average guest (I got the room through livingsocial), but they never treated me that way.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear swirthwein,
June is a great time to visit Vail and we’re delighted to have received your glowing review on TripAdvisor. Although you had to deal with the unfortunate side effect of our high altitude, we’re glad to hear you enjoyed our accommodations and amenities. We would love to welcome you back anytime.

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Reviewed June 14, 2012

It was our 2nd year wedding anniversary get away from Colorado Springs. The establishment is NICE! The room was spectacular, and the complimentary items (shampoo, body wash, conditioner, etc) are actually desirable!
There are multiple hot tubs. My personal favorite is the one located by the outdoor, heated pool There is this really beautiful fire pit that is adjacent to the hot tub that is perfect!
Also, the fitness center / club that you enjoy a free pass to is outstanding. The locker rooms alone will blow you away.
Surprisingly, the food at the Atwater Restaurant located on the first floor is reasonably priced and very delicious. My wife and I loved this place and plan to return in the near future.
I cannot comment on regular prices because we got a super discount through "LivingSocial".. and it was the off-season.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Great setting just west of Vail with mtn. view and Gore Creek right next to pool. Free shuttle into Vail takes only 7 min. The staff was super friendly; the pool is heated, and they provided Fri. nite movies for kids at the pool and s'mores. The restaurant and bar had small bites on the menu, plus full meals. There is also a small store for snacks or sundries on site. It was a great find & we will return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank maxpacks
Dear maxpacks,
Thank you for your recent stay at Vail Cascade. It sounds like your family enjoyed the great kid’s activities and offerings that are unique to our resort. We enjoy providing s’mores and dive-in movies with visitors from around the country. For many, it’s a very memorable experience! With our setting overlooking Gore Creek, there really isn’t anything like it.

It was truly a delight to have you and your family as a guest and we would appreciate having you again soon.

Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Also dog friendly, which was nice for our little hiking buddy!

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple