Hotel Talisa, Vail
Sonnenalp(Vail)(Great Value!)
$210
$311
  • Pool
Vail Marriott Mountain Resort(Vail)(Great Value!)
$209
$169
  • Restaurant
The Sebastian - Vail(Vail)(Great Value!)
$475
  • Pool
The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort(Vail)(Great Value!)
$185
  • Pool
Manor Vail Lodge(Vail)(Great Value!)
$187
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Austria Haus Hotel(Vail)(Great Value!)
$164
$139
Vail Mountain Lodge(Vail)(Great Value!)
$265
$257
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
$239
1,242 results
All reviewsgore creekprivate liftski lifthot tubresort feeski seasonbike pathbeautiful propertyski resorttop notchmountain viewthe entire staffend of the dayfour seasonsshuttlespalionshead
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised by Vail Cascade. It is a 30-year-old resort so I was expecting it to be a bit run down but the architecture and interior decor is actually very modern and feels new! All of the staff was very friendly and helpful. The food is great at the restaurant - Atwater - and the spa is wonderful! I thought I would prefer staying in Vail Village but I loved being right on Gore Creek. I took a morning walk along the creek to Lionshead and took the shuttle back, which was always around the corner whenever I needed it!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view room!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I stayed at the Vail Cascade in late June for a delayed anniversary with my girlfriend. The hotel is in a lovely location with an excellent pool overlooking the river. All aspects of the hotel itself were great, except the service. When we first arrived, we immediately put on our robes and went down to the pool. Five minutes later, we went back to our chairs and found our robes gone, but everything else still there. We were told housekeeping came by and picked them up. When we asked for another set, we were told they had no more, but that others would be delivered to our room. This never occurred.

We also scheduled a horseback riding trip through the hotel and given directions as it was 30 minutes away from Vail. Unfortunately, the directions they gave were copied and pasted directly from Google Maps and were inaccurate. Luckily we ran into someone who pointed us in the correct direction, but it seems very sloppy to not give correct directions to a service the hotel provides. I emailed the concierge who had set it up to provide her with correct directions, but never received a response.

Third, a suit and several shirts were accidentally left in the room upon checkout. The missing clothing was not noticed until several weeks later, and it wasn't until 6 weeks later that it was realized they could have been left at the hotel, though I assumed if they had, I would have received a call or email. When I called the hotel, I was told that the clothing was found in my room an hour after checkout and that after 30 days it was disposed of, without any attempt to contact me. I find this baffling, that a four-star hotel would make absolutely no attempt to contact a guest who had left items in their room. I'm not so bothered about the first two issues, but this final issue is inexcusable. I work in the service industry and can't for the life of me understand why no attempt was made to contact me. Overall I'm very disapointed in my stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Brett S, General Manager at Hotel Talisa, Vail, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2011

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at Vail Cascade Resort. I read your Tripadvisor posting and was sorry to learn about your disappointment with your overall stay. I assure you that none of the service issues you encountered are our regular guest service standards! We have shared your comments with all departments you mentioned and have strived to use your review as an opportunity to become aware of opportunities to bring our efforts back to what we usually provide our guests.
We truly hope that you will be able to return and let us make your experience stellar. Please feel free to contact me it you'd like to further discuss the issues you encountered.
Brett Schoenfield, General Manager
bschoenfield@destinationhotels.com

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed here twice. The lobby, rooms and property are very nice. The location is somewhat of a hassle as it's not 'in town', but at the same time, it can be nice being a bit further away from it all. It's also right on the river and bike path, which we thoroughly enjoyed.

The first experience wasn't great, as our room wasn't properly cleaned before our stay, and they had run out of their shampoo. I noted this in a follow-up survey after our stay, and I was contacted by management and offered another night on them with their apologies. It is nice knowing management cares about their property.

I had a good second stay and would definitely come back. You will have a great Vail experience staying here.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Beautiful resort! The walking path behind the resort is just the best and so beautiful with a stream and peaceful feeling. The whole area is really great. The staff and resort was very very accomodating and nice. I would not hesitate to recommend. Beautiful rooms and very nice atmosphere resort.

Room Tip: Avoid the 4th floor - no patio!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This is so a perfect place to getaway whether it is in the summer or winter. The hotel is very comfortable. I prefer it in the summer but my husband likes it in the summer for biking and in the winter for skiing. You can ski right out your door to the lift for Vail. The spa is nice.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family