“Loved everything about our stay here!”

Vail's Mountain Haus at the Covered Bridge
Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Awesome location (3 min walk to gondola) and an even more awesome staff -- super helpful, friendly and so customer-oriented. Our room was lovely and there were so many great details that anticipated our every need and made our stay smooth as silk. We accidentally left jewelry in the room after we checked out and the staff called us immediately and got it promptly to us. Highly recommend this property!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 4, 2013

This is a great little property in the heart of Vail Village. Nice accommodations and great service. Quality and well-rounded breakfast every morning, hot chocolate, water, coffee, sunscreen and chapstick always available (and free), nice welcome package in the room, cookies in the evening. Responsive and helpful management and employees. All of the amenities you're looking for in a ski property. Affordable by Vail standards.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Had a great time great location and very friendly front desk staff. Included breakfast and DVD rentals makes this a good family value. Right in the middle of everything with the village bus right
Out the front door

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband and I have vacationed in Vail for the past 12 years or so. We always wanted to
stay at the Mountain Haus and this year we finally did. We were welcomed by staff members who were so nice and sincere, that we new our stay was going to be great. Our room was so comfortable, clean and beautiful. We enjoyed breakfast everyday in a very nice area downstairs which also was very clean, choice of food was varied and again the staff were wonderful.

Since I do not ski, I was so happy staying in a place where I could be comfy in my room, or lobby with a cozy fireplace where hot chocolate, coffee or tea was always available. My husband and I enjoyed the pool and hot tub every afternoon after he skied. Also, because of the location, I could walk to the village in no time.

We are looking forward to staying at the Mountain Haus again next year.

Jmcc from Tappan, NY

Room Tip: Our room was very quiet, in the front.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The Vail Mountain Haus was a wonder surprise for me. I've stayed in many places in Vail and this is by far one of the best for the money. The Mountain Haus staff made me feel special and the the extras and amenities were a surprise. They provide an in-room brita water pitcher, bag of snacks upon arrival, end of day cookies, coffee & tea all day long, complimentary breakfast, robes, fitness club and spa. I would definitely stay at this location again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kathleen G
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Stayed four nights, the week before Christmas 2012. The staff was exceptionally friendly and accommodating. The 1 bdrm condo was spacious and clean.
The location was perfect! Great central location; it's a short walk through the village (3 min) to the gondola with shops and restaurants just outside your door!
We will definitely stay here again!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Cami S
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I went to Oktoberfest in Vail in September with a group of 6 friends total and for the cheap price of $361/night for 3 bedrooms I wasn't expecting much. But I was surprised and impressed and here's why: Andrew at the front desk was professional and friendly, our friends who checked in a few hours after us had no problems checking in, free parking for all our cars, condo was huge and the living room had mountain views, they let us check in early at 1pm instead of 3 or 4pm, and check out late at noon instead of 10am, free breakfast of waffles, bacon, omelettes and sausage until 9:30am, the indoor /outdoor hot tubs and pool felt like a spa and jets were super high pressured which is what I like, 2 minute walk from Vail Village shops, festival, a dance club called Samana, and the bar at the hotel was cool and crowded. I've rented condos in Breck and we had to do chores before checking out like taking out trash and running dish washer or else we would get charged fees. And we usually had to park our cars 2 miles away by the ice rink and pay for parking passes which was annoying. This place wasn't like that; it was more like a hotel and I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: If you have a sleeper sofa, the living room is really quiet and private, so having 2 extra people wo...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends