All reviews cookies great location front desk bedroom condo free breakfast mountain side every afternoon make your own waffles parking structure full kitchen hot breakfast fabulous stay ski vail farmers market hot chocolate beautiful condo murphy bed
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Everything was as expected. Next time we will ask for a one-floor accommodation. The furniture was in good condition, the kitchen well equipped. The hallways and elevators were good. The staff at the front desk was friendly and always helpful when we asked questions. They even extended out check-out time to noon! Then a few days later, I received an email, saying some clothing items were left behind, and they will send them right away! Great Service!

Lots of fans were already in the condo - great idea.....no need to bring our own.

Room Tip: Road noise on the valley side was mightly loud Saturday night; Sunday night less so. If you have wee ones (1-2 years old), you might want to ask for a one-floor unit.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Nancy C
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My family spent 6 days of hiking, biking and whitewater rafting in the backcountry from Vail. We never had running water and only took one shower because we had to boil the water first. We chose Vail's Mountain Haus to recover with a little luxury. We had a two bedroom condo and it was great. Two showers and three beds so it was perfect for our family of four. (Although we probably would have liked four showers ;). The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was good. They building has washing machines and dryers free in the basement and they gave us detergent too. Location is perfect in the center of Vail. The beds were comfortable and we had plenty of room. It is not cheap but its a very good deal for the quality and service.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank planner_221
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This hotel is absolutely beautiful. My husband and I were invited to stay there and we could not have been more pleased with the accomidations. The room was amazing. We particularly loved the lodge feel that the room had with it's Native American artwork and pottery. The living room had a gorgeous fireplace and comfortable furnishings. We had a great view of the village from our balcony. We loved our stay.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I should preface this by saying I generally stay in Vail in the summer only, when it's beautifully manicured, peaceful, and affordable. The Mountain Haus is in a perfect location right next to the parking garage and the covered bridge, walking distance from everything in the village. Although the exterior probably goes back to the early days of Vail, most of the units have been remodeled and are spacious, comfortable, and nicely appointed, including gas fireplaces and free WiFi, and the combination of the indoor and outdoor hot tubs and private swimming pool, and workout room add to the experience. Including the full breakfast was nice, and providing free bikes was also a nice touch. I've probably stayed here a half dozen times, generally reserving same-day via vailonsale.com, and will continue to do so in the future - I've never been disappointed.

Room Tip: I've liked all the rooms, but they are all different, so you might ask to see a couple if they have alternatives available. Also, try vailonsale.com or simply going to the Vail Visitor's Center same-day for the best deals. Vail is so vast in terms of accommodations (and ski terrain) that it doesn't fill except maybe between Christmas and New Years, so you aren't taking much of a chance if you book last minute.
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We had reserved a room at the Mountain Haus and when I arrived, I wanted to look at several others. Not only did they help me do that, we found a room that was perfect! The front desk staff couldn't be more willing and able. The Pella windows and doors are a big plus for quiet sleeping.

And the continental breakfast included scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage! The location is wonderful and we'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: Just ask to see it before you settle in.