All reviewscookiesgreat locationfront deskbedroom condofree breakfastmountain sideevery afternoonmake your own wafflesparking structurefull kitchenhot breakfastfabulous stayski vailfarmers markethot chocolatebeautiful condomurphy bed
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I should preface this by saying I generally stay in Vail in the summer only, when it's beautifully manicured, peaceful, and affordable. The Mountain Haus is in a perfect location right next to the parking garage and the covered bridge, walking distance from everything in the village. Although the exterior probably goes back to the early days of Vail, most of the units have been remodeled and are spacious, comfortable, and nicely appointed, including gas fireplaces and free WiFi, and the combination of the indoor and outdoor hot tubs and private swimming pool, and workout room add to the experience. Including the full breakfast was nice, and providing free bikes was also a nice touch. I've probably stayed here a half dozen times, generally reserving same-day via vailonsale.com, and will continue to do so in the future - I've never been disappointed.

Room Tip: I've liked all the rooms, but they are all different, so you might ask to see a couple if they have alternatives available. Also, try vailonsale.com or simply going to the Vail Visitor's Center same-day for the best deals. Vail is so vast in terms of accommodations (and ski terrain) that it doesn't fill except maybe between Christmas and New Years, so you aren't taking much of a chance if you book last minute.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We had reserved a room at the Mountain Haus and when I arrived, I wanted to look at several others. Not only did they help me do that, we found a room that was perfect! The front desk staff couldn't be more willing and able. The Pella windows and doors are a big plus for quiet sleeping.

And the continental breakfast included scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage! The location is wonderful and we'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: Just ask to see it before you settle in.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We recently booked a four bedroom condo for an extended family weekend. Perfect location. Extremely well appointed apartment/ condo. Right on river next to coverd bridge. Service impeccable. Well worth it in every way. Hated to leave. It is right on the access road across from parking and next to the covered bridge walkway next to Starbucks. Our rooms open onto river with excellent views and sound of rushing water. Couldn't be nicer!

Room Tip: 550 most beautiful 4 br condo ever,
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I have to admit, I wasn't sure about this property when I saw the exterior, but that was my last moment of doubt. The rooms in this room are decorated beautifully with Native American artwork, pottery, etc. Such a nice break from all of the 'ski' themes in Colorado. The 1-bedroom condo was well appointed with a luxury kitchen, leather sleeper sofa, and beautiful throw cushions. The staff was friendly and helpful. The location couldn't be more central, from our balcony we could see the covered bridge, the fountain and waterfall, and the mountains.

WHAT A GEM!

Room Tip: Our 5th floor room had great views because we were higher up. I suppose if you were on the first floors you may not see as much.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Very helpful staff. Clean, nice accommodations. Mountain view worth the upgrade, otherwise you hear traffic and pedestrian noise till 2 am. No air conditioning, so open windows needed in summer. Great location.

• Stayed: July 2012