“Absolutely the best!!”
Review of Leonora

Leonora
Reserve with OpenTable
Leonora is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 127 Restaurants in Vail
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Meadow Drive
Transit: We are on the Town of Vail's complimentary bus route.
Description: Hip, energetic and upscale, yet delightfully unpretentious. The cuisine is inspired by the high alpine cultures of the Alps, Pyrenees and our own Colorado Mountains. Executive Chef Rosa Provoste utilizes the best of all fresh, local and organic ingredients to create amazing Tapas, Crudo and Alpine Bistro fare. Leonora respects the pure ingredients with ingredient-driven, simply prepared dishes thoughtfully paired with an extensive wine program central to the dining experience. Summer Hours for Private Parties only! Winter Hours open 7 days a week from 5:30 pm - reservations recommended!
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We were several couples who enjoyed Leonora so much we returned three evenings later. The food is very different and delicious. The tapas are outstanding and each plate is just enough to satisfy. The ice cream is really exceptional. On both occasions the chef came out to talk to us which added to the experience. The service is attentive and very prompt. Hopefully, we will be back.

2  Thank Ronfromvirginia

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Great food, great atmosphere and great service. We loved the salmon ceviche and my beet salad was perfect. The mussels were best I've had and my husband loved the Maine lobster and veal. The wine list is very approachable with many affordable, but good wines. We shared a chocolate sphere for dessert and it melted in front of our eyes! The staff was attentive and their service heightened our experience. This is a unique eatery in Vail and I highly recommend it. We will definitely be back!!

1  Thank Sarah B
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The restaurant ambience is lovely..but that is where it ends. We started with the lentil soup which was hearty and a tad salty, nothing special and tiny. Our tapas dishes were really disappointing. Calamari was over breaded and greasy, not light and delicate. The croquettes were pathetic. Very greasy and way to much breaded exterior. The lobster tacos were over seasoned and chopped so finely that you could not taste the lobster. Normally we would be fighting for the last piece and their was no taker. Sliders were a joke. overlooked meat with no taste comes with 8 fries in a tin. We couldn't believe that people raved about the tapas. The rum/chocolate pudding pool was gelatinous and tasted like a store bought pudding. Go to Terra Bistro or Sweet Basil and enjoy some good food. I never write bad reviews,but had to warn you!

alynch84, Public Relations Manager at Leonora, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear Scorp.

Oh my, we are so sorry you did not enjoy your meal at Leonora. If you would be so kind as to call me at 970.477.8017 we would like to make it right. This is definitely not the feed back we are getting from our customers and we apologize for your experience. I look forward to speaking with you.

Annie

Reviewed March 16, 2013

This place is tucked away, closer to I-70 than the mountain, but worth finding. The tapas were all wonderful (how do they make such an outstanding plate out of a cheese sampler?!). The glass wine silo is spectacular, you have to see it to believe it. We went to the outdoor Segovian pig roast with Spanish guitar and outstanding food on a sunny evening after Daylight Savings Time began for an outstanding evening.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is a quaint bar bistro. We had a. leather
round booth with eye pleasing upscale decor that made you feel special. I started my meal with the lentil soup which was so yummy. A little bit pricey for the amount. I then had the pear salad and my husband had the mixed greens. Both great salads. Finished with tuna over the compliments of navy bean confit. An interesting presentation to present tuna in this way. We ended the meal with the chocolate sphere which I would not order again. Too rich and should have opted for the lemon tart We never received our other appetizer but were not charged for it. Our waiter Steven made our experience a plus compared to some other restaurants in Vail.